“Okay But I will not recommend it”

Kuta Paradiso Hotel
Ranked #67 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
Melbourne , Australia
“Okay But I will not recommend it”
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We stayed at the Kuta Paradiso in June 2008.

It was ok but I did not like it.
Was a little run down, needs renovations.
Was book in to stay for two weeks but check out the first day.

The kids club was blocked by a micky mouse statue, we book this hotel because it has a kids club.
Did not look like it was in use.
Not toys etc.….

The Room was ok but had a musty smell and I did not like the location of the hotel.

Over all I don’t think it’s to bad I just did not like the feel of the Hotel and the location.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank George046

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 2, 2008

this hotel is good for its strategic location! stores all over, surrounding this hotel and when you walk for minutes, you've arrived at some shopping area..but I fund way too many domestic tourists here, it feels like being at Ancol (a beach recreation area in Jakarta) not in Bali..the room is just okay, and the pool is small and crowded with small chidren from local tourists..it makes me feel like im not in bali..and behind the hotel, there is a cemetery.. im not recommending this hotel if you wanna feel bali in a more relaxed atmosphere..

• Liked — location and value
  • Disliked — cemetery nearby, over crowded pool, lack of balinese atmosphere
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank fredric_fd
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Although I prefer to stay in the quieter areas of Legian and Seminyak, I recently spent 3.5 nights at Kuta Paradiso, as all my favourites were booked out. We had requested a king bed in our poolview room, but had to be content with twin beds the first night as the hotel was booked out. This is understandable, and the following day we were moved to a king room as promised, on a higher floor with a beautiful ocean view.

The room was very clean and comfortable, with a pressbutton panel by the bed for TV,aircon,lights. Selection of TV channels was quite good, and we had tea/coffee making facilities. The marble bathroom had separate bath and shower, good range of toiletries and large, fluffy towels.

The hotel is quite large, with a ballroom, so there were a few groups there, and the breakfast buffet was very busy, but empty dishes were quickly replaced, and I had only a short wait to have my omelette cooked at the egg station.

The freeform pool is set amongst pretty tropical gardens, and there were always plenty of vacant sunlounges, as most of the guests appeared to be Indonesian, and only went to the pool to take photos. The sunlounges and towels were a bit tired and could do with replacement.

Matahari department store is a 5 minute walk in 1 direction, and Discovery Mall 5 minutes the other way. The markets are right next door, and for Rp20,000 we took a taxi to the new Carrefour shopping centre about a 10 minute drive, with a massive supermarket and several smaller shops. We bought mens shoes, sandals, designer bags, Polo tops (they are authentic), face creams, surf T-shirts and snacks for very little money.

This is a great location for shopping, but when we caught taxis to Legian to our favourite restaurants, we were caught in bumper to bumper traffic getting out of Kuta, so found it better to walk about 30 minutes until part of the way along Kuta Beach and then get a taxi.

Staff at the hotel were always friendly and smiling, and responded very quickly to any enquiries.

• Liked — Proximity to shops, very clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Too much traffic in Kuta -footpaths in need of repair
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aus2Argie
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 22, 2008

I have recently returned from a 7 day 'girls' shopping trip in Bali. We stayed at the Kuta Paradiso, this was the 2nd time I have stayed there and we chose it purely for its central location. Its close to Kuta Square & Discovery Mall, so all the shopping you need is at the doorstep. The room was a good size and always clean. The bathroom is also a good size. The hotel staff were always polite. We were upgraded to a Pool View room and it was nice. Breakfast was okay, but as it was the same each day, it became boring after a few days. The only downside to this hotel is that you cant access the beach from it, you need to walk about 5 minutes around the outside to get there and also while the pool area is nice, it gets very limited sun as it sits quite low down and is shaded by the hotel for most of the day, so if you like to laze in the sun all day this hotel is not for you, but if you just want to shop all day like we did, then its in the perfect location.

• Liked — Location & Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Pool Area, No beach access
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Jakarta
Reviewed April 8, 2008

Hotel location is perfect; near water boom, discovery mall, lots of restaurants, mini markets, bars. There are two beach near the hotel: Tuban beach, Kuta beach. But unfortunatelly the hotel not beach front, but pool is great. Lobby and room need to be renovate (old). Breakfast is ok. Overall for me the hotel is acceptable for 3.5 star.

• Liked — Location and the swimming pool
  • Disliked — this hotel need to be renovated
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
Indonesia
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Me and my hunny, who just happened to spend holiday here from states were decided to have our vacation in Bali.
After days searching for a great place to stay we decided to choose Kuta Paradiso. Five star, reasonable price and great view. My dear is very picky person, that was his decision to choose this hotel.

We end up booked the super deluxe room instead the standard.
I think there is not much different with the room size, except we have better balcony than the standard. The reservation staff was very friendly & helpful when I called directly to the hotel to make reservation. But too bad the advertisement on their website only half true, cause they mentioned guaranteed late checkout still we have to ask for it and depend on the room availability.

When we got there, our room hasn't ready and we had to wait. They even offer us separate twin bed (whut was that all about???), so after long tired hours on a flight we still have to wait. And guess what.. when I was tired waiting (almost half hour) I decided to asked them, the answer was surprising, "oh your room is already available." OMG then why you made us wait that long. Well the welcome drink was served though, but that couldn't make my dear felt better. They really forgot that we were waiting there.

And we have to carry some of our own baggage, can you believe that?! there only 1(one) room boy there available on the lobby. and they call themselves 5 star hotel?????

After entered our room, another surprise came up. Ooppss the room was not 'cold' enough. Well this is a five star hotel and we're not ready to enter a room with a minimum air condition like some cheap motel.

That time we didn't complain to the front desk, coz we thought oh maybe because the weather is very hot outside. And we really darn tired.
Silly us.. we should've known better that no matter how much its hot outside, if the AC was in good condition there won't be any problem, the room will still be cold!

Even at night its really hot.. can you imagine we slept and sweat? and we are Indonesian--you know we get used to hot weather. but this time is really out of line.

Oh another funny story, we can hear when people walk or talk in front of our room. hmm wandering there, whether that people outside our room also can hear us inside :-P
hmm.. try not to think about it though hehehe..
We couldn't move to another hotel because there were global warming summit went on, so it really hard to find another hotel.

Breakfast..hmm there were lots of menu served, dunno maybe because we're Indonesian, so we really knew which one of Indonesian food is really tasty or not. The food is just so..so.. not appealed that much.

Hey we're in Bali.. access to the beach directly from the hotel should be number one priority. Because we've seen beach from our balcony then we try to find a way out on the back at the hotel but it was dead-end, didn't find any exit to the beach LOL**
we have to go outside hotel and walk 10-15 min to the back of Discovery Mall..to find the beach.

Well, the only thing that satisfied us was the view from our balcony is really great. and the swimming pool is quite amusing. too bad i haven't got a chance to swim, bcause i forgot to bring my swimsuit.

Gossh if only our room is cold enough!!! it would be a perfect stay in Bali --untasty food, bad guest service, no late check-out or non-exit to the beach-- we can put up with all that. Cold and comfy room is important!!

We stay on December 13-16, 2007 at 4th floor. forgot the room number.

Anyway good luck for those who want to stay there :-)

• Liked — sea view
  • Disliked — poor air condition inside the room
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hunelle
Adelaide
Reviewed February 21, 2008

We left Adelaide to stay at the Kuta Paradiso the day after the 2nd (damned) bomb in Bali!
We were worried about leaving the morning after & didn't know what to expect.
I thought that the beautiful people of Bali would need a "hug" so off we went!
It was probably the best stay that Ive have had and thats out of 4 visits to Bali.
The people of Bali were thanking us for "still coming to Bali..even the morning after the latest bomb".
They kept telling me to.. "tell Australia that Bali is safe"!
We felt safe in KUTA PARADISO & in Bali its self.
The staff (particularly Pamdini from one of the the restaurants in KP) were just so wonderful and helpful.
We were invited to a special cocktail evening in which they hold in the lobby once every fortnight, I do believe.
Life in Bali is so peaceful, caring and loving, I myself will live there one day when I first get the chance.
We stayed on the 4th floor on the northern end of the hotel, great room with no complaints.
My hubby and son very much enjoyed the afternoon snacks around the pool, while I enjoyed the moment to go to Matahari department store or the Kartika plaza &/or the Kuta art markets all of which are at very close walking distance.
Waterbom park is a great day out for all ages and it is just across the road!
Be sure to check out the wonderful and cheap skin care products in Matahari dept store kuta, I bring them home and all my friends love it too..try the MUSTIKA RATU range (esp the sandalwood massage oil) or the SARI AYU skin care range just fabulous.
I would love to stay at KP the next time I go to beautiful Bali.
Go and enjoy :-)

• Liked — Clean rooms and friendly staff
  • Disliked — My parents room had a bit of a smelly toilet
  • Stayed October 2004