We stayed in an Ocean View 2 bedroom suite which was kind of pricey given the hotel but it was a lovely room with good views and plenty of space. The hotel itself is a little run down and a few things in the room were dated and not working great - but they are in the process of renovating. I have not been to Bali for a while and this used to be one of the "nice' hotels but it has lost a little of its shine. I have seen different ratings for it on various hotel sites - usually 4-5 star - I would say it is more 3.5-4 star in reality. After 5 days in pure luxury at the Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua it was a breath of fresh air though as it was very relaxed and friendly and I felt my kids could relax and have fun and were welcome. We were a little wary of Kuta with young kids but we felt very safe and had a great holiday. The breakfast was incredible - far better than the Grand Hyatt and the staff were professional and accommodating. We had some minor things go wrong but it is Bali and you have to expect that and relax and go with the flow. The staff really do everything in their power to help and make things right but sometimes it just doesnt quite work. Shrug and move on I figure! The location is great - this end of Kuta used to be quite isolated but there are now heaps of restaurants, bars and shopping. A huge shopping mall is just next door if you want some fixed prices and air conditioned comfort after the market bartering in the heat! There is a good kids pool for toddlers with a big shade cloth over it. Also a small playground right next to the pool and one of the restaurants to keep the young ones entertained. The main pool is very deep (most of it 1.8 metres) which is bizarre and made it a little tricky for me when my youngest daughter wanted to swim in there as I could not stand up and my husband even struggled. Overall we really loved it here and had a fantastic week. We went to Waterbom Park which is just across the road and a great day for all ages, The Elephant Safari ( not sure we would return) and shopped, swam, walked, ate and drank. All easy, relaxed and fun. I believe there are probably better hotels at better prices but we really had fun at Kartika Plaza and would be happy to recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel offers the warmth of Balinese service with caring and thoughtful service. Set on 8-hectares of gardens and ponds, along 550-metres of private beach, are 318 rooms, suites, and villas. This includes villas with beachfront access, ocean view suites, and ocean front rooms.The hotel has 3 dining outlets, 2 bars and 2 lounges, and facilities such as a swimming pool, full service business centre, day spa, and Kid’s Club. Spacious function rooms, including a 700 sqm ballroom, and a private helipad allow for grand celebrations, romantic weddings, private business meetings, or large conferences.The hotel proves welcoming for couples, friends, families and business executives. Its convenient location makes it an ideal gateway to the vibrant and colourful sights of central Kuta. It is within walking distance to the main Kuta shopping areas, including the neighbouring Discovery Shopping Mall, Waterbom Park as well as a variety of retail, dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Kuta
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali/Kuta