Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline$38
Travelocity$128
CheapTickets$128
2,681 results
All reviews pool bar ocean front shopping mall kuta beach waterbom park kids club fantastic hotel breakfast buffet is bali massage australia
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Discovery Kartika Plaza. This was our first visit to Bali and this hotel was recommended by a travel agent. My husband and I were travelling with 2 children 16 and 12 so we booked 2 interconnecting, non-smoking, ocean facing rooms and our request was met with our rooms being on the 4th (top) floor. Check in was quick and efficient and we were presented with 4 free drink vouchers, 4 free massage vouchers and 4 free buffet dinner tickets which we used for the Balinese night as that included a half hour cultural show. We also had free Wi-fi in the room which was good for the kids. Our room was cleaned very well each day with the only hiccup being one day they did not leave us any water but one phone call to housekeeping rectified the situation and after that they left extra bottles each day. The rooms were adequate for our stay but considering what we paid I feel that the rooms are overdue for a revamp and maybe 2 double beds in the second room instead of single beds would be better.
As said in previous reviews the breakfasts were very good with quite a good selection and we were always able to get a table no matter what time we went down for breakfast. The pool was large and kept very clean and again we were always able to get 4 sun lounges whenever we went down to use the pool. All the staff we came in contact with were very pleasant and helpful, and most spoke very good English.
A couple of days we ordered snacks from the pool menu for lunch and these were reasonably priced for a hotel as were the prices for cocktails and beer. One day we used the free massage vouchers and had a lovely 1 hour massage.
The location of the hotel is quite good as it is close to several restaurants, Discovery Mall, Waterbom Park, small supermarkets, laundry and just about anything else you would need. All in all we had a very enjoyable holiday.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Nice hotel with friendly staff. Room is definitely in need of renovation but in acceptable condition.

Convenient location with beautiful pool and restaurants.

If your plan to spend time lazing by the beach then this is not the right hotel, I had attached some photos of the "beach" in front of the hotel.

There are better choices around with no beach front, newer rooms and at much cheaper price.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank WinnieAC
Reviewed September 21, 2010

The Discovery Kartika Plaza was wonderful. I had originally booked to stay at the Padma but after reading some less than favourable recent reviews decided to change to Kartika.

PRO's
Buffet breakfast was absolutely wonderful.
Rooms cleaned every day, no problem with cleanliness.
No problems reserving a lounge chair out by the pool although I did tend to get out there quite early.
Staff were extremely polite, helpful and friendly.

CON'S
. Even after calling the hotel to confirm whether or not there were DVD players in each room and to be told 'yes' I was disappointed to get to the hotel and find out this was was not the case. The business centre had dvd players available to hire which was 100,000 Rupiah per day which was about $12 so quite expensive.
. When the staff came and delivered the dvd player they needed numerous workers to come in and try to connect it correctly. I also realised the next day that while connecting the dvd player they unplugged the fridge which was unpleasant when wanting a cold drink.
. The Kids Club was pretty uneventful just being a small room. On one particular afternoon my daughter and her friend just walked out of the Kids Club and hopped in the pool withought being signed out by any parent which I think is very dangerous as the other little girls parents were nowhere to be seen and thankfully I was around to keep an eye on her.

All in all the hotel was wonderful. Pools were great, food (expecially breakfast) wonderful and in a fantastic location.

I can't wait to get back to Bali however I think I will put the dates either back or forward a week because travelling during Ramadan was quite hectic.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I have just returned from 8 days in bali where i stayed at the kartika plaza hotel....and we loved it what an oasis this was our first time in Bali and this hotel ticked all the boxes ...surfing right at the front, shopping right next door at the discovery shopping mall,waterbomb park across the road great restaurants out on the streets...but you really could eat at the hotel every night as the sumptous banquets were amazing ..the breakfast in the mornings also have to be experienced just as good as the shangrila in singapore ... and the relaxation around a stunning pool area with swimup bar is what we needed after a busy day ... we are all booking for next august 2011

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Holidaywife
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Kartika Discovery Plaza is a great spot, located on the beach at Tuban, and except for a few flaws, is a decadent and luxurious place to spend a few days. It's right next to the Discovery Mall, so you can spend your days shopping, swimming and relaxing. The breakfast stations are phenomenal, with endless opportunities for weight gain, and the Gado Gado that I had from room service was very good as well. I do suspect that I might have got a gastric thing from the pizza, but the jury's still out there. I stayed there in July 2009 and again in July 2010, both times very good overall. The flaws- the rooms are not worth the high price of the accomodation. They are very standard, not very spacious and no bath and the AC is extremely loud. They do have the advantage of being able to be totally darkened via the shutters and blinds, but are not entirely noise proof, as I found out on my second stay- the noise of the corridor traffic and the karaoke bar can be very pervasive.The hotel itself is a fabulous resort and very family friendly, but there are less expensive and possibly more elegant places to stay. The Internet in the business centre is very fast andthe overall service is excellent, so stay there at least once and make up your mind.

Date of stay: July 2009