“Excellent hotel, staff, pool, location”

Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Ranked #12 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent hotel, staff, pool, location”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Originally wanted to spend 5 nights in this hotel and 4 nights in a different hotel in Nusa Dua. However, after spending just one night in Nusa Dua we returned back as it was hard to beat the quality Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel oferred. First of all, we were upgrated from a basic room to the Disovery Suite, which was huge apartment like room with two bedrooms, large living room, balcony and three bathrooms. Great start to our holiday.
The pool is fantastic and having two small kids, they adored the kids pool with the frog slide. Staff was absolutely brilliant, always smiling and happy to help. There are few restaurants to choose from, all were great and very reasonably priced. Our favorites were La Cucina, Italian and Teppan Noodle Japanese restaurant. The themed buffet dinners are must try, particularly the Deluxe Seafood Buffet for about $35 AUD per person- the selection of fresh and cooked seafood and sweetes was just amazing. Breakfast was just as good with huge selection of western and asian dishes.
Another great feeling was when the Executive Manager Patrick greeted guest in person, certainly that's the way how to improve the services and attract guest to stay in the hotel again. Monday's Manager coctail party is another great gesture for quests.
Spa: one of the best I've been to and I've been to many so far. Beautiful facilities, clean, excellent service, highly recommended. Sauna and fitness free for all guests is another positive.
Overall, exceptionally pleasant stay in DKPH, will definitely be back. THANK YOU!

3 Thank Denisa75
Bandisa701, Director of Sales at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Denisa75

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel!

Thank you for staying at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel and we really appreciate that you taking the time to write your comprehensive reviews

We are very happy to have you staying with us and appreciate your decision to extend your stay with us . Your recognition to the management and the hotel staff as well as the services will be passed to all of our dedicated team

Your holiday review will definitely be very useful to other travellers when looking for great holiday venue in the center of Kuta Bali

On behalf of all the team we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel soon

Ps . Please feel free to write me a note once you have the date on your next Bali Holiday

E : bandisa@discoverykartikaplaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was delighted to receive a free upgrade to family suit when I arrived with my family last week. The hotel looked fantastic and the rooms were comfortable.
Everything went well until the day I checked out. First shocker came when I was told by front office staff that security deposit of IDR 1,200,000 charged to my credit card at the time of checking-in, will be credited back after 1-2 weeks of check-out. In my experience I have never left a hotel without settling all amounts including the security deposit. Second shocker came when I was handed over a final bill of IDR 27,000 for a Kit Kat which we never consumed. The amount was small hence I paid but I politely mentioned to the front office that this is a mistake and we never consumed kit kat. I am now back to my home but I am skeptical that I might not get my security deposit back on the context of fictitious charges. The experience left a bitter taste of cheap dishonesty by Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel staff.

3 Thank Naveens9
Bandisa701, Director of Sales at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Naveens9

Thank you for your review and eventhough so contrary to most of the reviews that we have been receiving in regard to the hotel staff

Herewith we would like to clarify about the Credit Card charge : Receptionist will advise the guest whether they would like to give deposit by credit card or cash upon check in to guarantee the hotel room charge and/or Personal Expenses during stay

it’s a normal hotel practice when you give your Credit Card as the guarantee of your Hotel Charge or Personal Expense upon check in. Then there will be credit card verification in which hotel will do to guarantee personal expenses during stay .

If hotel room charge /personal expenses settled by different method of payment , this Credit Card verification transaction will be released upon check out by sending the cancellation request to our local bank and it may takes approximately 1-2 weeks according to the local Bank
This is the Bank procedure that we need to follow as it involves the local Bank here and the Bank issuer of the Credit Card

Please feel free to contact us directly if we could be of any further assistance on this matter

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed in DKPH for 5 days for our anniversary. I'm very happy I chose DKPH. The anniversary greeting when we entered the room was perfect! my fiance fell inlove with the place, overall we were really happy.

People say the internet is slow, to be honest, I didn't feel that it was slow, I'm not sure what they are doing but using it with just normal browsing (and some youtube) it's more than enough.
The breakfast was really good, the variety of food is okay but the quality is exceptional. The most memorable experience for me with this hotel was their very friendly staff, from the security guards to the maintenance guys, everyone is just so accommodating.

Love the place, Love the people!

Room Tip: Left wing rooms are better if you are looking for a more quiet surrounding
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bandisa701, Director of Sales at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Karl_x13

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel!

We appreciate that we are given the opportunity to be part of your Anniversary celebration and nominate Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel as Best Hotel in Kuta

Your recommendation and room tips will be good reference for other travellers on finding what room to book

We all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel in not too distant future

Malaysia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed in DKPH last week. went with husband and 8 months baby. Location is nearby to airport and facing the beach. It s a little further from the famous stretch of pantai kuta.
We had a great experience from the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out. We really wished could have stayed longer. The best thing about this hotel are the staffs, right from receptionist, bell boy, security, house keeping, ...etc..etc...everyone seems so friendly and even my 8 months daughter had a great time as everyone entertained her. We stayed at the garden pool view room. Room was spotless,cozy and comfortable. Only down side was our bath tub had some staining. We bathed our daughter beside the bathtub and we didnt realize that it didnt have a draining system so the bathroom was flooded and we called housekeeping and immediately they attended to our problem. The next day we actually bathed her again as only at that time we realized the draining system( usually all the hotel WE stayed had draining system for the bathroom floor and also bath tub). we requested to change room and they gave us the same type of room but this time nearby to the pool.We were very happy.

Another thing to praise was, we had ice pack with us to keep milk( breast milk) , they helped us to keep in the hotel freezer and didnt mind getting it out and keep it back everyday. Whenever we request to get it back, the service was quite fast. I would say that this hotel definitely is a breastfeeding friendly hotel. Thumbs up!
I would be coming back again to Bali and definitely staying here again and this time bringing our friends too.

We would have gotten trapped by a scam at discovery mall. a man gave us two cards to open. one card said we won two tshirt and another card said that we won a mystery price which could be usd 1500/ usd 500 voucher / ipad/ hotel stay at peninsula 7days. We googled and found out such scam had happened before and thanks to our tour guide mr patra for asking us to google regarding this issue. So please be beware every one.

Room Tip: loved the private garden pool view room, left wing
1 Thank Mys3
Dear Mys3

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel!

We are very happy to have you and your family staying with us and appreciate your recognition on the hotel facilities, staff and management as well as the services which we will pass to all of our dedicated team. It’s part of our service standard that we strive to meet and exceed our guest expectation

Thank you also for your room tips, constructive feedback and for sharing your experience for other traveller’s awareness

On behalf of all Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel family member, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back soon

Perth
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful 5 days here. It is perfectly located in South Kuta with easy access to one of the biggest shopping centres in Bali just next door, as well as markets, restaurants and of course Kuta beach.
I stayed in an ocean front room which was very spacious and of course right across from the beach. The buffet breakfast was great, but suggest you get in early to avoid the queues at the toaster (before 0800). Staff were absolutely delightful all the time - nothing was too much trouble and always had a smile. I will definitely be returning to Discovery Kartika Plaza.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Bandisa701, Director of Sales at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Lew P

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel - Kuta Bali!

We appreciate that you bring up our hotel unique selling points: strategic location, friendly Staff, value for money – beach front accommodation in Kuta Bali for other traveler’s reference when heading to this area

On behalf of all Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel family member, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon

Ps . Please feel free to drop me a note once you have the date on your next Bali Holiday

Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Very relaxing atmosphere and always like returning back to discovery which is soon becoming our second home.
The staff are ever so friendly and go out of their way to make our stay memorable on every occasion we have stayed there.
Keep up the good work.
Andrea & Mike

Room Tip: Ocean view !!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bandisa701, Director of Sales at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Annmike65

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with your family and it’s great that we could be part of your family Holiday

We all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back in the very near future

Ps . Please feel free to write me a note on your next “Home” visit

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I went to Bali for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. I did a lot of homework to find a good place to stay as we are elderly couple and my wife is so choosy about all. I can tell you that Discovery Kartika is a perfect holiday destination.
The hotel has a vast area with garden, pond and pools. you can just pass your time relaxing in the garden or having a leisurely walk along the beach or swim in the beautiful pool..
The hotel staff is excellent with an outstanding level of management. Our room was decorated beautifully and a cake was kept before our arrival as there was a misinterpretation of our anniversary as honeymoon.
Surprisingly enough, they again sent a bouquet and a cake on our anniversary day! So kind of hotel management...and we were invited to a cocktail party where I won a lucky coupon also! I always felt the warmth of the hospitality.
The breakfast was so good, the food in the Pond and pizza in the Italian restaurant was also very good.
We had the signature massage in their spa and we enjoyed it so much.
In one word, I cannot tell any negative point regarding this hotel.

Room Tip: My room with private garden and pool view was excellent.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ikramul7

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel!

Thank you for your choosing to stay at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel on your Anniversary and for sharing your reviews which we really appreciate.

We are delighted that you had chosen our lovely resort for your accommodation and nominate our hotel as perfect holiday destination

We appreciate that we are given the opportunity to be part of your Anniversary celebration and your recommendation : Great hotel with excellent staff service and great facilities in Kuta area which will be good reference for other travellers

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel