I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 4 years but will not be returning ever again. The first visits were without issue but after the most recent visit I will be looking elsewhere to experience some real service and not the lip service on offer at this hotel.
My most recent visit was for 5 nights in a group of 12 (5 rooms). When first making the reservation we contacted the hotel directly seeing as it was a larger booking and we often stayed at this hotel we thought we might be offered a discount rate or hotel transfers or some sort of upgrade. In what should have been no surprise from the management of this hotel they were very unhelpful and as a result we booked via expedia.
After booking via expedia the hotel was contacted to arrange hotel transfers and a late checkout on at least one of the rooms (12.30am flight home). Hotel transfer was organised (be careful when organising this as in their interpretation of the english language hotel transfer only means from airport to hotel and not back again). As far as the late checkout goes they were very unhelpful once again and basically told us to organise it through our travel agent expedia. As we were travelling in a few weeks we thought we would wait and organise it when we arrived at the hotel. On arrival we were informed that they were fully booked and no late checkout would be available due to 2 conferences. You would think a customer service orientated management would have advised us of the conferences at the time we inquired about the late checkout by email but not at the discovery. After a couple of heated exchanges the best they could offer was the slight possibility of a late check out on one for the rooms at 6pm at a cost of approx $150. This was at what they made out to be a gesture of good will on their part to give us hope of paying $150 for use of one of their rooms for 6 hours.
Not happy with this we ventured across the street to the bali rani hotel where the management personally showed us each of the rooms they offered and gave us a good price on a family suite for the entire night. On top of that they offered transfers to the airport for $15 for 12 people (discovery wanted $5 per person or $60). Finally we had found a hotel that treated their customers well and not with contempt and all we had to do was walk across the street. A move we should have made on day one.
So after 4 years of loyal patronage by myself and many of my family and friends it’s time to part ways with the discovery kartika plaza hotel. Your service is no longer in the ball park of other hotels in the area and i won’t waste more money staying at your hotel. Your decision to focus on the conference circuit might be keeping your hotel full at night but it was quiet during the day and your complete lack of care towards your everyday customers will see you lose money in the long run. This is exactly what this hotel needs to get back to the core values of the service a hotel should offer its guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel offers the warmth of Balinese service with caring and thoughtful service. Set on 8-hectares of gardens and ponds, along 550-metres of private beach, are 318 rooms, suites, and villas. This includes villas with beachfront access, ocean view suites, and ocean front rooms.The hotel has 3 dining outlets, 2 bars and 2 lounges, and facilities such as a swimming pool, full service business centre, day spa, and Kid’s Club. Spacious function rooms, including a 700 sqm ballroom, and a private helipad allow for grand celebrations, romantic weddings, private business meetings, or large conferences.The hotel proves welcoming for couples, friends, families and business executives. Its convenient location makes it an ideal gateway to the vibrant and colourful sights of central Kuta. It is within walking distance to the main Kuta shopping areas, including the neighbouring Discovery Shopping Mall, Waterbom Park as well as a variety of retail, dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Kuta
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali/Kuta