“Average considering the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel

Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 217 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Average considering the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Considering the pric would have expected a better experience. The hotel is very large so you don't get the service you get in smaller hotels. Sitting round the pool you have children racing past you on bikes when you're trying to relax and you always have to go up to the bar to ask for a drink they never came to us. If you can choose your room ask for the left wing as the right wing is near a night club. Breakfast was okay, nothing special, have had better in Bali. Would go elsewhere next time you can find better for the price.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm harny from jakarta room 2042. I stay at kartika at 3 to 5 april 2013. I'm so lucky because the reception give me upgrade my room to ocean view from garden viem. And at 5 april at the morning, the electicity in my room blackout. And the staf come to my room to fix it. But after 30 minutes, the room blackout again. And at the moment, my child is sleeping and it is so uncomfortable and when i call the housekeeping, they didnot say sorry for my inconvenience.
And the other thing is, when i go to the beach (i saw in review that this hotel has private beach) unfortunately my child cannot play at the beach because there are many big rocks that we can go down. So it is make me dissapointed. And one more thing is the breakfast is many of vegetarian than meat or fish. Not many choice.

Room Tip: Right wing the ocean view is the good choice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Travelled here for a quick 5 night stay with the family and loved many things about the place. The pool and grounds with swim up pool bar would have to be a family favourite and the selection of drinks ( adults and kids) was great. We stayed in the standard rooms and found them to be quite small, always clean and fresh but a little cramped. Breakfast at 'the pond' was disappointing, when paying this much for a hotel I don't expect to be sitting on chairs that are stained and have holes in the covers. The buffet food was often empty so we were waiting around quite a lot and then when it did arrive it was cold. Getting a coffee could also be quite a task. Overall the location and cleanliness will bring us back in the future but I will upgrade to a larger room.

Mandurah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Thanks to all at Kartika. This is our third stay at this wonderfull hotel. Check in and out was a breeze. All the staff are wonderfull a special thanks to Made Supereani, Bintang, and all the pool staff. We are always treated as family rather than just another guest
.Cheers Ken & Lesley Preston

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for ocean facing it is worth it
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ken p
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Enjoyed our 5 days stay at this property in Feb.
We opted for a Pool view Garden room, which has a great view of the pool & also the ocean beyond (if ur lucky to get a room at the far end near the pool).
The first thing that hits you is the largeness of the property which you enter from a typical two lane street.
Check-in took about 40 minutes, but the staff were polite & helpful.
The rooms are decently sized & the bathrooms are good with a bath tub. We had a leak in the bath tub, which was fixed quickly upon intimation.
The hotel has a good spread of Breakfast buffet - but you need to be early, as it is normally crowded esp over the weekend.
It's located in the centre of Kuta, so street shopping & food joints are very easy & just a stone's throw away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sashy_5
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4D3N with our 8 month old baby. We stayed on the 4th floor in an ocean facing room. We asked for an early check in and was able to check in at 1pm. We were also provided a baby cot. To our horror, we discovered bed bugs on our mattress and the baby cot. We immediately alerted the housekeeping and they came to investigate and eventually shifted us to another room and told us that they will close the affected room for two days after clearing the bed bug. We were impressed by their prompt action but slightly disappointed at the same as we had a baby with us and we refused to take another cot for her.

We dined at The pond restaurant (this is where daily buffet breakfast with a wonderful and delicious spread was served as well) and Tepan noodle Restaurant (which had a splendid ocean
view) and Food choices were abound and quality was excellent. The hotel has very good pool facilities and even our baby enjoyed the shady kid pool. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the discovery mall which is a busy and big shopping mall. It holds numerous cafe, eateries and souvenir shops. The back of this mall opens up to the ocean and if you choose to stay here between 6-6.30pm, you will be able to witness the magnificent sunset.

I tried the hotel spa as well and the service was great and I enjoyed my session. Only minus was some construction was going on at nearby premise at 9pm when i was having my massage and I couldn't get some shut eye. The fitness centre looked great as well but I didn't try it though. The treadmills faced aquariums filled with colorful fish and my 8 month old was fascinated by them. The hotel had ramps everywhere and it made it easier for us to use baby stroller.On the last day we asked for a late checkout and they told us that some government delegates were coming but still managed to let us extend for an hour.

Overall I enjoyed my stay in discovery kartika thoroughly and appreciated it's proximity to the
airport very much. Bali traffic can be quite a bit to handle and it would have been difficult to keep
a hyperactive 8 month old too long in her seat in the car while traveling to and fro from the airport. Last but not least, Balinese love kids (men and women alike) and the staff of discovery kartika was no exception and everyone would stop and question us about our baby and share
their own experience and play with the baby as well. Some even offered to look after her while we dined but she's not really a social butterfly and hence didn't work for us. A great place and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nicer ocean view and less disturbances by mosquito and crickets
Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked a Villa and were told some [--] and bull story about some alleged "military" operation therefore we could not have our villa which of course was booked and paid for months ago. They waited until we arrived in Bali before they had the decency to tell us and then dumped us in a standard room as there is nothing else available!!!! I go onto the website to check to see what else is available and guess what there are better rooms available so I ring the reservations and tell them I am calling from Australia and want to book in and yep there are really good rooms still available at the right price!!!!!! When I explain who I actually am and what they have done to us the back pedalling starts at a hundred miles an hour oh sorry I make mistake I make mistake our system very slow what a load of rubbish....... Don't waste your time on a dishonest deceitful hotel that can't be straight up with you about what the problems are ...... I will certainly be letting all and sundry know not to stay at a place that can't be honest with their clients

• 1 of 5 stars