My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on our very first (very short!) trip to Bali. As we had never been to Bali before, we weren't sure what to expect staying in Kuta in terms of cleanliness, hotel standards etc.
Well let me tell you this hotel blew us away! The staff are absolutely amazing and happy to do anything for you. For example, when we arrived at our room we realised we had only been given one key card for our room, so the concierge ran all the way back to reception, organised another key card and bought it back to us. Everywhere you go in the hotel, from front desk to restaurant staff to gardeners- all the staff are so polite and helpful and smiling.
The pool was divine and we LOVED the pool bar where you could also order food. Being our first time in Bali we only ate at the hotel and the food was delicious- best pizza and prawn cocktail I've ever had! There is everything you could imagine for breakfast on the buffet. Im not a big eater but I definitely indulged on this trip.
Our room was gorgeous- bed and pillows very comfy. We had a deluxe room which was on the top floor (4th) and had a view of the beach. Housekeeping was fabulous and very timely.
The gardens are beautiful and every morning you can smell the hundreds of beautiful frangipanis on their massive frangipani trees. Outdoor areas are lovely. It truly is paradise.
The hotel is located right next door to an excellent shopping centre where you can get souveniers and shop in air con comfort. It is not AS cheap as the markets or Poppies Lane, but I found some great bargains and too be honest I would rather pay a little bit more and shop in peace without being harassed like they do at the markets. Stuff seemed better quality in the shopping centre aswell e.g I felt some ladies' wallets I bought at the centre were better quality than some I had bought at Poppies the day before, and they were only $5 more at the centre. There is also a Mini-Mart right across the road which was so convenient for us to get our supply of bottled water.
All in all we had a great time at the Kartika- it's got everything... Location, tick. Great facilities, tick. Excellent service, tick. Comfort and cleanliness, tick. Value for money, tick. Exceeded expectations, tick.
We are already planning our trip back for next year :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel offers the warmth of Balinese service with caring and thoughtful service. Set on 8-hectares of gardens and ponds, along 550-metres of private beach, are 318 rooms, suites, and villas. This includes villas with beachfront access, ocean view suites, and ocean front rooms.The hotel has 3 dining outlets, 2 bars and 2 lounges, and facilities such as a swimming pool, full service business centre, day spa, and Kid’s Club. Spacious function rooms, including a 700 sqm ballroom, and a private helipad allow for grand celebrations, romantic weddings, private business meetings, or large conferences.The hotel proves welcoming for couples, friends, families and business executives. Its convenient location makes it an ideal gateway to the vibrant and colourful sights of central Kuta. It is within walking distance to the main Kuta shopping areas, including the neighbouring Discovery Shopping Mall, Waterbom Park as well as a variety of retail, dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Kuta
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali/Kuta