“Big Value”

Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Ranked #6 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Arrive here late night and do direct check in is not as difficult as we imagine, very nice receptionist, very good service although its 3am in the morning, already make a good value. Big Room, Big TV, Big Bed and Big Bathroom with garden view, makes we want to stay longer! Very clean and really really enjoy the fresh air, has lots of big tree.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,350)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at this beautiful resort. Great location, great amenities ,great food and wonderful staff. Have recommended this resort to all our friends and we will definitely return again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My partner and I have been to Bali a few times, always staying somewhere new to see what different hotels have to offer. But ever since our stay at The Discovery Kartika Plaza, I don't think that we could stay anywhere else. We stayed at this hotel last October for 6 nights and it was amazing. When we booked it we were worried that maybe we had payed too much for a weeks stay but after the trip it was probably the best hotel we have been in and definitely worth the cost.

Location is great. Even though when you are inside the hotel rooms, walking through the gardens or even relaxing by the pool you feel like you are in your own little paradise, then you walk outside and you have the beach at your doorstep, the Discovery mall is just a few minutes walk up the road, Waterbom park is close and the markets and nightlife aren't too far off either. Only a quick taxi ride away.

The hotel staff were very friendly. Always wanting to help you if you needed it and greeted you every morning at breakfast. The front reception staff were great too, very happy to organize taxis and daily outings.

The food was great! Lot's of options and a few different places to choose from within the hotel itself which is great if you just want a relaxing night at the hotel. The room service is great too!

The pool is massive! Relatively deep but they do have a children's pool as well which is good. The pool has a swim up bar which is very relaxing and you can eat in the pool if you wish.

All in all it really was a great hotel. I'd recommend it to anyone staying in that area. Couples, families, anybody really. It's a hotel that makes you feel at home and very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy_Elizabeth_91
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is no wonder a great hotel for the beautiful beach and nice staffs and fascilities. Room service was excellent. If you are a halal certified travellers that require an authorized halal certificate before consuming, besides the hotel are fast food outlets eg KFC and A&W with clear display of Majlis Ulama Indonesia halal certificates. It is also good for the hotel to obtain this certificate from MUI for some of its restaurants, to accomodate the increasing number of muslim travellers.

Room Tip: Near the lift
7  Thank irfan_mohamad
Reviewed October 22, 2012

From the moment I arrived (well after the momentary power failure which was not repeated) this was both a great place to stay and an excellent business venue.

Staff were universally pleasant and knowledgeable (and their English was a lot better than my Bahasa), facilities were clean and modern, everything worked, food was exceptional and nothing was too much trouble for them.

The gym and day spa was a welcome break from work, while the choice of Indonesian, Italian and Japanese restaurants provided a great range.

Although not there for a tourist visit, Kuta Beach at your back door (literally walk off the pool lawn onto it) and Discovery Mall right next door made it hard to fault.

This will certainly be my Bali base from now on.

Room Tip: higher rooms have a better sea view (check the hotel plan for details) and upper floors bring you ab...
2  Thank Weary_Warrior
Reviewed October 18, 2012

In preparing to write the review for this hotel, I got more and more confused and wonder how come people would give good comments on this hotel.
First of all, the hotel is DIRTY!!! There are stains, even oil stains, on the linens and and you can see spots here and there in the room.
The service is very poor. I ordered the room service and they prepared the wrong ingredients for my noodles. I called to room service to complain and, whoever answered the phone told me he would come to my room to check but he NEVER did. Instead, he sent someone else to just come to collect the plate without telling this staff what the issue was about. So, this staff just collected the plate and let me know he had no idea the problem I had with the food.
Then, when I was in the bathroom on one night, I could not believe I saw a cockroach! I killed it immediately and called to housekeeping. The only answered I got was, "I am sorry." And, believe it or not? They did not even follow up this matter the following day. It seems they just did not care at all!
This evening, I went with my colleague for a drink in Tepan Noodle inside this resort. While I was sipping my cocktail, I saw a rat running under the floor!!!
I am checking out tomorrow morning. I am happy that I can finally leave this hotel. If it is not because of a conference held in this hotel, I would NEVER want to stay here!!!
BTW, the room is, yes, spacious. I booked an ocean front room. But, everything is just simple in the room. Simple furniture. When I saw my colleague post the photos of his room on facebook, I found the painting hung on his hotel room wall look exactly the same as that hung in my hotel room!!
If you have other better choice, stay elsewhere!! This is my most genuine advice!!!

10  Thank margarita_red2006
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Spacious room, perfect location in Kuta! The staff were very polite and willing to help. I loved the widespread breakfast menu and the large swimming pool close by. The pool bar is a thumbs up from me! I will surely be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends