“Halal food for muslim travellers near hotel is available”

Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Ranked #6 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is no wonder a great hotel for the beautiful beach and nice staffs and fascilities. Room service was excellent. If you are a halal certified travellers that require an authorized halal certificate before consuming, besides the hotel are fast food outlets eg KFC and A&W with clear display of Majlis Ulama Indonesia halal certificates. It is also good for the hotel to obtain this certificate from MUI for some of its restaurants, to accomodate the increasing number of muslim travellers.

Room Tip: Near the lift
7  Thank irfan_mohamad
Write a ReviewReviews (2,350)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

From the moment I arrived (well after the momentary power failure which was not repeated) this was both a great place to stay and an excellent business venue.

Staff were universally pleasant and knowledgeable (and their English was a lot better than my Bahasa), facilities were clean and modern, everything worked, food was exceptional and nothing was too much trouble for them.

The gym and day spa was a welcome break from work, while the choice of Indonesian, Italian and Japanese restaurants provided a great range.

Although not there for a tourist visit, Kuta Beach at your back door (literally walk off the pool lawn onto it) and Discovery Mall right next door made it hard to fault.

This will certainly be my Bali base from now on.

Room Tip: higher rooms have a better sea view (check the hotel plan for details) and upper floors bring you ab...
2  Thank Weary_Warrior
Reviewed October 18, 2012

In preparing to write the review for this hotel, I got more and more confused and wonder how come people would give good comments on this hotel.
First of all, the hotel is DIRTY!!! There are stains, even oil stains, on the linens and and you can see spots here and there in the room.
The service is very poor. I ordered the room service and they prepared the wrong ingredients for my noodles. I called to room service to complain and, whoever answered the phone told me he would come to my room to check but he NEVER did. Instead, he sent someone else to just come to collect the plate without telling this staff what the issue was about. So, this staff just collected the plate and let me know he had no idea the problem I had with the food.
Then, when I was in the bathroom on one night, I could not believe I saw a cockroach! I killed it immediately and called to housekeeping. The only answered I got was, "I am sorry." And, believe it or not? They did not even follow up this matter the following day. It seems they just did not care at all!
This evening, I went with my colleague for a drink in Tepan Noodle inside this resort. While I was sipping my cocktail, I saw a rat running under the floor!!!
I am checking out tomorrow morning. I am happy that I can finally leave this hotel. If it is not because of a conference held in this hotel, I would NEVER want to stay here!!!
BTW, the room is, yes, spacious. I booked an ocean front room. But, everything is just simple in the room. Simple furniture. When I saw my colleague post the photos of his room on facebook, I found the painting hung on his hotel room wall look exactly the same as that hung in my hotel room!!
If you have other better choice, stay elsewhere!! This is my most genuine advice!!!

10  Thank margarita_red2006
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Spacious room, perfect location in Kuta! The staff were very polite and willing to help. I loved the widespread breakfast menu and the large swimming pool close by. The pool bar is a thumbs up from me! I will surely be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BhawnaAhlawat
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Awesome room, staff were outstanding, food was beautiful. Location perfect. Views awesome, swim up bar and my 5 year old and 18 month old lover the kiddie pool.

Even the sellers on beach were polite and lovely. I got a massage on the beach from LuLu and she was great! Only 100,000rp. You won;t find better in kuta.

Room Tip: If kids, upgrade to a suite with 2 rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Discovery Plaza and will be staying there again as it is a great hotel with very clean rooms and grounds. The staff are excellent and always willing to serve you.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel is such a surprise a real oasis in the midst of the craziness of Kuta. We stayed with 3 children and so could do the street markets and food and then retreat to the hotel. The rooms are perfect , most comfortable bed I have ever slept in , large soft pillows. The staff here are outstanding, so helpful yet unobtrusive. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2012