“great holiday”

Kuta Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #60 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here on a family holiday,staff are lovely and welcoming.Location is fantastic,very central yet as you go through reception it is so lovely and quiet with beautiful grounds and pools.Great size rooms,air con and good food.Will definitely stay here again,had friends staying at Hard Rock who preferred the size and friendliness of Kuta Beach Club.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 13, 2013

1st trip to bali so very upsetting booked bungalow with double bed got there 2 single beds(couldnt even put the beds together coffee table and live wires coming through to operate the lights) the bungalow was the only thing they got right they tried to charge us for drinks we didnt have. 2nd day went to the office and asked where our double bed was told there is none we paid for single this was our first trip away in 7 years with no kids why would i book single beds NOT FUNNY they didnt care i email the travel agent they told me to go to the desk and demand a double bed Kuta beach and spa said NO you paid for single beds.The staff didnt care one bit about the way we was feeling that we paid for a double and that was what we was expecting breakfast we couldnt eat it lived on toast coffee was horrible staff keep trying to sell us stuff on the side some staff members was always around us it was quite intimating The restaurant was expensive massage there hurt like hell. :( spoke to travel agent when i got back i had to keep asking what was going to happen wholesale return 2 months later was emailed me there is nothing we can do thats it what a joke we was told if you are not happy then you have to be relocated to another resort my advice dont waste your money go to a resort we lots of reviews also the place is indeed of a huge paint job. find out who the wholesaler is that runds kuta beach and spa and make sure you dont enter one of their resorts Not Happy At All wholesale didnt even try to help us or even give us any compensation for the week in kuta beach and spa if i could write their name i would but i cant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynn h
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at the hotel again because my friends wanted to stay there - I didn't want to.
It still the same average hotel, and the breakfast is still very lame.
My room 285 smell mould, I was going to change but my stay was just for 2 nights so i didn't bother.

There are many better options around Bali and kuta area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Although there were some small issues with lock and rooms were not cleaned properly. We informed the staff and they did the needful in good time. I loved the swimming pool. We got food even in the middle of the night.. Food was decent.. Located at walking distance from Kuta beach & Legian street...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Prabhu_shankar_87
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our room was clean until you stepped foot into the bathroom. There was soap left in the shower from the previous guests, I couldn't close the shower curtain because if I did the mould and grime on it made me feel sick and the bin was filthy. We only stayed for one nigh (thankfully) as we had an early flight the next morning however, we were kept awake by the evening entertainment which takes place directly in front of the majority of the rooms. The whole hotel looks tired and in an urgent need of a facelift! But the staff were friendly and the location was pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Piplh
Reviewed August 29, 2013

There was a group of 9 that went to Bali and not one of us was satisfied with the service that we received at this hotel. The couples were given rooms with single beds and depending on who you spoke to they were willing to move you for money (we had already paid through our travel agent) The rooms were grotty. One had no hot water, one had mold, and apparently a mattress on the floor constitutes and third bed. There were mosquitoes that had nests in the rooms and repeated requests for spray were ignored or the reply was we can sell you some. Daily cleaning of the rooms was almost a non event, we had to call daily after the beds were made to request items such as toilet paper the "free water" that they tried to charge me for and hand towels or even towels. As for the pool, it was great when you could get a chair, you had to pay the pool guy for a chair otherwise they were "reserved"And do not get me started on the porter who after taking my bags to our room sat on the bed and put his feet up, turned on the TV and stayed until i told him to leave as he was making me uncomfortable. Considering that i usually go to Bali at least once a year to say i was disgusted is an understatement. The Balinese people usually offer great service and are more than friendly but this hotel left a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: do not stay here at all unless they post that they have redone the whole hotel and replaced the staf...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank samanthastarshine
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've been to Bali many times and stayed in a number of different hotels always feeling confident to dine at the hotel restaurant. However, this place, never again! Thankfully I only spent a few nights here, most of the time curled up in bed in agony after getting food poisoning from a meal I ordered at the hotel restaurant. What didn't help my situation was that my bathroom was mouldy - walls, ceiling, and the sticky shower curtain. Nights were extremely uncomfortable, especially when large black cockroaches rustled through my bin and up my bedroom walls. This hotel is in desperate need of a major upgrade, insect exterminator, and just a bloody good clean!
In saying all of this, the pool and pool bar staff were lovely (pre food poisoning).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo