“You Get What you Pay For.”

Kuta Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #87 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
Mandurah, Australia
“You Get What you Pay For.”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a three star Hotel, don't expect 5 star.
My Family and I stayed at the KBC from June 8th - 17th 2012. While there was a mix up with the booking, we booked one room with twin beds and one room with a double, we were given 2 rooms with twin beds. This was rectified very quickly.
Our group booked 4 rooms in total. All rooms were clean with fresh towels every day, The rooms around the pool are tired, and the electrical power points definately need attention [went to plug in a charger and found a hole in the wall- no power point] The rooms at the back of the hotel have been updated.
Beds were comfortable [no bed bugs] Air conditioning was great in all 4 rooms.
The grounds, gardens and especially the pools were the best feature, when we did return to our hotel our time was spent at the pool.
The staff were very friendly and eager to help, if we needed the room sprayed for mozzies, we only had to ask and they would come and spray. Staff did not expect a tip.
Our 4 yr old grandson was the centre of attention and the staff loved him.
Breakfast again is what you pay for, the omelets were great, the restaurant staff offered bacon, we never needed to ask [ if it was cold the chef was happy to heat it in his pan whilst making my omelet] just ask if you want your eggs cooked differently, it isn't a problem.
The wireless internet was our biggest issue, you get a password from the lobby or restaurant, but you need one per half hour block and device, but this wasn't a huge issue as we would just grab a couple of passwords as we passed and used them at our leisure.
Security were great, our group got the little flying lights that you use with a lacky, within 2 minutes of us playing with them one night, security came down to make sure they weren't dangerous, they were happy for us to continue palying with them once they were convinced they were harmless.
You really do get what you pay for if you want 5 star I suggest you pay the price and go elsewhere, but if you are happy with 3 star, this hotel is well located, walk to WaterBom park or Discovery is 8 minutes or a taxi ride is AUD 50 cents. Walk to Matahari is 5 minutes. Western Union is only a 2 minute walk and best place to convert your money. There is a mini mart 2 doors down, Bintang [or water] is very cold there.
We had a great holiday, no disappointments.
Thank you to all the staff at the Kuta Beach Club.

Room Tip: Make sure you stipulate your bedding requirements in your booking, and take a copy of your booking w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank RobnGaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2012

stayed there from 23rd may for 10 day ,not the best hotel in Kuta but best value ,
rooms are good size for two people but do need little touches to keep the decor up to date .
the pool and gardens are lovely and the staff cant do enough to help .
Breakfast is good but for what you pay ,
price for food are very good in the hotel and good quality .all in all we had a great stay.
Ken & Rhona

Room Tip: over look the garden . but have a look when you get there
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ken191252
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May 2012.I booked for two guests,myself and my friend who lives in Bali (she is a local from Bali).One particular security guard was disgraceful asking my friend for money to put in his pocket each time she came through the gates (this is because she as a local and they are so corrupt and victimise their own people).I paid for two people and when we checked in they gave me two lots of breakfast vouchers and two pool towell cards.One night when we arrived home late the rude staff at reception tried to tell me that the booking was for one person only,he said he checked the reservation and it was for one person only and my friend could not stay,I argued with him and was asked did I have the original paperwork confirming this was for two people.This was at home so no I didn't. He then proceeds to argue with my friend in Indonesian so I could not understand what he was saying. When I got home I sent them the original booking that confirmed it was indeed for two people, they then offered me a free dinner next time I stayed as compensation for their mistake. I told them to give it to the corrupt security guard.They tried to tell me my friend would not show her ID and this is why she was denied access. I witnessed her showing her ID each time she came to the hotel,so basically they are calling me a liar. I am not blind! Of cause the staff there will say what they want to their boss to keep them out of trouble. It got to the stage where my friend was almost in tears and too scared to come to the hotel. The hotel is old and smelly,mouldy bathrooms, the linen and towells look like they are about 20 years old. I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly not stay there again. Full of cockroaches and mosquitoes, noisy leaking airconditioner and everything about it was horrible. I have been to Bali 8 times and this has to be by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. This is 100% truthful and spoilt my holiday, my friend was actually too scared to come to the hotel. I deserve 10 free nights accommodation for two people, but all I get offered is a lousy free dinner. Also one day around the pool there were actually some young guys who took their clothes off and jumped in the pool nude, not a pleasant site at all. I also had another friend stay in another room at the same time as me and she also says the same as me NEVER AGAIN! My complaint was supposedly investigated and I get offered a lously dinner, instead I deserve 10 free nights for two people as this is what I booked and paid for.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel, corrupt security and rude staff.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
24 Thank debv59
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The hotel is simple and clean, although slightly old. The furniture are old too. Breakfast menu is pretty standard.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nurlina H
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I've book the deluxe room for 3 pax directly from the hotel. We had room at the very back of the hotel. It was quiet.

The room we had is quite small, and the aircon was leaking when we check in. Towels provided was like 20yrs old! So many mosquitoes in the room, we have to ask them to spray the insect killer. Every night we have to "clap" away all those mosquitoes to have a better sleep..

Location of the hotel is fantastic, many restaurants and shoppings nearby.The pool was big and nice.The grounds and garden maintain very well. Wifi provided at lobby and restaurant area only, what annoys me was the password! We gotta get a new password everyday! Wifi only operate til 12am, pls take note. For breakfast, not much choices and doesn't really taste well. If u need bacons, ask the staff. I've tried the spa too, not expensive but the i don't think thier therapist is very professional.

Beware of the hotel staff when u pay. Check on the exchange rate carefully.

Not recommended!

• Stayed November 2011
7 Thank fayyong
johnbravo, Director of Sales at Kuta Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear valued guest (Ms Fayyong)

Thank you for your comment and review towards our product and property, time by time we are doing some effort to improving our services and products, and by your review here we really helpful to do more as we have to keep our guests satisfaction. Once more we are really appreciated to your information and we will do something to make it more better. we still look forward to your next visit to our hotel
Amersfoort
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was here in januari 2012 and checked out one week earlier.
If you like noisy and drunk Aussies with huge tattoo's: go there!
If you like loud house-music all afternoon by the pool (and your room): go there!
If you like colonies of huge -up to 5 centimeters- cockroaches in your bathroom: go there!
In spite of my complaints OAD was not willing to give me a small refund for changing my ticket.
Lousy travel company.
Dirk from the Netherlands.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Dirk H
johnbravo, Director of Sales at Kuta Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Mr. Dirk H
We are thank you for your comment and review on our product, and we are really sorry to the bad experience you had while you stay with us. This information is much appreciated, regarding to the cockroaches we had been send a notification letter to the pest control company that we got a complain accordingly. And please kindly understand that our property is visited by guests around the world and the biggest country that visit us is Australia. Perhaps in the next visit you may accommodate at the rear of the hotel so it will be more quite than near the pool. On behalf of the Management of Kuta Beach Club we are apologize to the experience you had and we still waiting for your next visit to Bali, thank you
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Great budget hotel in the heart of Kuta.
Close to the beach - 2 minutes walk.
Kuta square shopping strip and Centro shopping mall only a few minutes walk.
Waterbom slide park is just around the corner.
Kuta art markets are just across the road.
No need for transport as most things are walking distance.
The hotel has 2 swimming pools,1 with a swim up pool bar.
We found the food was a very good standard with breakfast being a basic buffet.
The staff were awesome, Nothing was to much trouble and were always happy to help.
The rooms are a little tired but was clean and aircon worked well.
Overall we enjoyed our stay there and will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple