“Absolutely fabulous”

Ranked #31 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
Mandurah, Australia
“Absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have just returned from our second trip to Bali and each time we have stayed at the Dynasty. It is truly an amazing place my 9 year old daughter thinks so to, we are planning another holiday over there and the name Dynasty comes up before any other accommodation we look at. Its central to everything and the people at the resort cannot do enough for you. The rooms are a bit on the small size but hare kept spotlessly clean and the touch of the towel origami they leave on the beds each time is wonderful. The kids club i think is the highlight of the holiday both for my daughter and for my husband and I. She begged us to go there every day and even wanted to go there the day we arrived there. She was kept well entertained throughout the day and enjoyed every minute of it. She made a lot of friends had kept in touch with them since we have got back, there slogan is so true FRIENDS FOR LIFE The pool bar is amazing, the facilities are amazing in fact everything about the Dynasty is amazing we are going back there next year and will keep going back as long as we travel over there I cant recommend it enough.

Room Tip: The pool maybe a little to noisy if you want some peace and quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our resort to others and I was pleased to read your kid had such a good time. We do have a selection of different room types, some of which are bigger than others so perhaps if you would like a bigger room on your next visit you could review our website for a more detailed description and sizes! We shall look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our young girls absolutely loved this place especially the kiddie pool (which we spent most of our time in) and the bunk bed in the Kids' Suite.

Location: pretty good. the Discovery Mall and brand new Lippo Mall were within 10 minutes walking distance, with plenty of F&B options right outside the report entrance.

Cleanliness: Good overall. However, need to review the type of floor detergent used by the cleaners as it left some weird oily/sticky residue on the smooth polished floor. Besides that, the water from the tap was slightly murky throughout our stay.

Food: Average for Sen5es and H2O buffet spread. Choices and selection were not outstanding with pretty monotonous offering throughout our 4-day stay. Food at Golden Lotus was pretty amazing, tho!

Others: as stated by a reviewer previously, the lack of free wifi access is a real bummer. This service should be provided free like most, if not all, other hotels do.

Will definitely re-visit this place if the niggles are ironed out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to review our resort and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed many of our facilities however have noted your comments on the floor detergent and the water quality. We do have a daily rotating breakfast menu but are currently revising this.
I have just returned from travelling all over Australia and in all the hotels I stayed in I was charged at around $25 per day for the privilege of internet in my room. Being in a resort the infrastructure and broadband is not cheap therefore we offer complimentary wifi in some of our restaurants and bars and charge a nominal fee of $5 per day for the convenience of in room wifi for up to 2 devices which I would consider as great value!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have been to Bali four times and stayed here with my family each time. The first time we stayed here I was 16 and come back each here and am now 20. I love this hostel. The staff are amazing and go out of their way to help you. The guys who work at the pool hut are great fun and organise plenty of activities during the day. The hotel has a great atmosphere and the restaurants are great. It is in a perfect location, easily within walking distance to Waterbom, Kuta Square etc. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone of any age. They have great programs for kids which is excellent. Awesome hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nathan D
Thanks for your great review and for highlighting the things that particularly stand out for you. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future!
Makassar, Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great hotel with 4 beds in one room. It's good for family or a group of best friends. I was with a friend, so we didn't really need those beds. My room was in the side of pool, so it's kinda cool. The pool was alright, room was clean, breakfast was nice. Good for family, really.

Room Tip: Side pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our Resort. I was pleased to read that you were impressed by the Family Pool view room and its' ability to hold up to 5 guests! I hope that you will choose Bali Dynasty Resort on your next visit to Bali.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Just come home from 2 weeks at the Dynasty we went to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday with a function the resort organised on the H2O upper deck ,the function was organised brilliantly and the food was delicious and plentiful we took our family with us and as usual the hotel was great , lots of activities for the children ( big and small ) rooms were very comfortable and kept spotless by the housekeeping staff the breakfasts are plentiful and varied and staff exceptional , nothing to much for them and after a couple of days remembered your name and preferences . The only downside was no free WIFI have to buy a drink or dinner to obtain 15 to 30 minutes .This was our 3 visit to the hotel and will be back , the little reward booklets are a nice touch . Well done Dynasty

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a pool view some of the garden view rooms views are not that good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our resort and I was pleased to read that your wife's 60th Birthday was a memorable one and that all your party enjoyed the wide range of facilities around the resort for all ages! I am glad you appreciated the Returnee Booklet and all it's vouchers offering discounts.
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Was expecting great things!!! So disappointed! After staying 10 days at Kuta Town Houses we spent our last 5 days at the Dynasty. We heard fabulous reviews and I had stayed here many a times as a kid so we decided to give it a shot for the kids pool and kids club. Was told at check in we had breakfast included. Next morning got to breakfast and after filling both kids plates with food got told it was not. Waiter rang reception and they spoke to my husband telling him we would have to pay even though we were previously told it was included. They gave us discount 100000rp for 4 ppl for the 5 days. We agreed as we had no other choice. Breakfast is good. Sausages bacon rice or noodles quiches potato gems lots of different eggs (I don't eat eggs) poached fried omelette boiled.... The room is nicely decorated but for the price it's not that great! Kids club won't take my toilet trained 3 year old and the kids pool closes at 6pm. So many rules and regulations plastered everywhere. No drinking your own drinks anywhere but in your room. No alcohol branded clothing etc etc Staff are ok. No one has been exceptional. Pool bar is chaos!!!!! Scared to swim anywhere near it for all the drunken Yobbos. Heard from other guests a tourist was found dead at the bottom of the pool not so long ago cause he was so drunk he drowned. Expected better behaviour from other guests at a supposed high class hotel. Lady's walk around the pool asking if you want a massage or a foot massage or plaiting hair, I find this really annoying as if I wanted it I would ask. Nice enough hotel but for the money you can get a private villa!!!! Cost 3 times more per night than the Kuta Town Houses did and it really isn't worth the extra money! Won't be staying again.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jimmismissus E
Thanks for taking the time to review our resort, I apologise for the mix up with regards to your breakfast inclusive but was pleased to read that you enjoyed the selection. For your information no one has ever drowned in the pool at the Bali Dynasty Resort. As for the kids club, we only accept unaccompanied minors over the age of 4 since for under 4 years old we feel they need 1 to 1 care and therefore we offer the services of a babysitter at around $5 per hour. Unfortunately it has become necessary to have rules around so that everyone can enjoy the facilities and we can maintain a certain standard within the resort. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed and more suited to Kuta Town houses and appreciate we don't cater to everyone's tastes however as you will see on this forum a lot of people do enjoy the Resort and it's facilities.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Mother & Daughter trip.
Just returned from Bali, spent 2 weeks at the Bali Dynasty. I travelled with my 11 year old daughter. After the recent death of mother and daughter I was rather worried and dubious about this trip to say the least.
The room was clean and tidy, with plenty of room for her and I. (standard room). The beds not bad, comfy enough for the time we stayed.
The pool and kids area was great, plenty to keep my daughter amused and running all day. plenty of activities for her to do too. My only criticism is that the first week of my stay it was filled with kids on school holidays and it was packed, no where to sit and the pool was full all the time the pool maybe a little to small for the amount of people that where there at this time. 2nd week no one left and it was relaxing and plenty of seats.
I only ate in the hotel, due to all that was on the news of late. The theme nights in H2o where great plenty of variety and good food, the Senses restaurant equally yummy, in 2 weeks we didn't run out of options or things worth trying. There is a café in the bottom of the hotel too equally yummy snacks and food. We never got sick or disliked anything we ate. the food was great value too. for 3 meals a day plus drinks I spent $160 for the two of us for 14 days. not bad good value I think.
the location is great, can walk to Water Bom park, Discovery shopping mall & local cafes and shops. 10 mins from airport too (depending on traffic). Its very busy in this part of sth Kuta, but the resort is set back so its a retreat from the hustle and bustle. Haven in the Heart of Kuta.
my complaints a very few, my rating compared to other hotels is high. I am thankful for Bali Dynasty and its staff, I really enjoyed my stay and I felt safe and happy there. so I will return.

Room Tip: depending on who's going, but by the pool in school holidays may not be a good choice for nanna...
3 Thank LovesAsiaLots
Thanks for taking the time to review our resort and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the services and facilities and especially liked the food and felt it was good value for money. We certainly try to provide good value and I am pleased that you have highlighted what good value it was since there are quite a few that think the pricing is high, since they are comparing us to outlets or warungs on the streets which do not offer the same level of hygiene or do not possess the necessary certificates and as you pointed out the consequences could be worse.
Indeed you are correct that in the school holidays when the hotel is running at full capacity the pool area can get very busy!
I am pleased that you found the resort to be safe and the staff friendly and we shall look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!