“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #31 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
england
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for 8 days, some of them in hospital with back pain! Cant fault this hotel, everything was clean, brilliant service. Buffet breakfast amazing and buffet dinner in H2O very good value for money. Due to illness could not take advantage of all the facilities. Just so disappointed that I got ill on what was supposed to be the best holiday of my life.

Room Tip: Garden Rooms well located
1 Thank cyprusgirlEngland
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I was pleased to learn that everything was to your liking, in particular the buffet breakfast and dinner in H2O. Thanks again for your review and hoping to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Dynasty for two weeks with my two Children 7 & 9 and two other families. We have been to Bali so many times and we stay in different hotels each time but I think we have found the hotel for us. We asked for our rooms to be together and this is the first time that a hotel delivered on this.

The first week we stayed in Family rooms 824, 825 & 826 that face the front of the hotel and they were perfect so quiet and peaceful. For the second week I moved to a Deluxe room facing the high flyers school but the hotel insured that it was as close to my friends rooms as possible and made the move so easy.

We had babysitters most nights so we could go out, why wouldn’t you at $4 an hour for both kids and they all where lovely lady's and the kids loved them.

The kids club was fantastic with also something fun to do and this is the first kids club where the lady’s where so in control and is so much more than a babysitting services. The kids loved the fishing, pizza making and frog races to name a few.

The kids also did the High Flyers school and loved it. The staff where so encouraging and my kids ended up doing it four times.

Everything you will need is at this hotel and very reasonable priced. You can massage or pedicures by the pool or visit the spa where I had a facial that was to die for.

It was a great trip filled with fantastic memories and we can’t wait to come back.

2 Thank Tara255103
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed In the Bali Dynasty 10 years ago and vowed that when returning to Bali we would eat at the Golden Lotus Chinese Restaurant.
We stayed in another hotel yet we dined in The Goden Lotus.
On our return the staff were the same. Lovely group of ladys.
We receive complimentary pickled vegetable and peanuts.
Once you order your meals they will be placed on the lazy susan in the centre of the tabe for all t share. Nothing like the last of there meals. There was 7 of us and we ordered, lemon chicken, vegetarian noodles, special fried rice and black bean beef. There was so much left over. We ordered desserts also. What a variety.
The ambience I the restaurant is amazing with the wooden calved room.
Will be returning next time.

3 Thank Dee T
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your review on our Chinese Restaurant – Golden Lotus. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your meals and appreciated the service from the staff to whom I will pass on your compliments.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

As our first overseas holiday with the kids (I have a son 5, daughter 3 and baby girl 3 months) we could not have chosen a better place to stay. The kids loved the children's pool area, the location was walking distance to shopping and to Waterbom Park, the rooms were lovely, the staff beyond helpful, and the hotel grounds were absolutely beautiful. We used the kids club a few times but found it better to just hire a babysitter each for the older two (bub stayed with me of course) at roughly $4/hour it was peace of mind to know they had one on one care. Would highly recommend to anyone travelling with kids, we will definitely return!

Room Tip: I recommend the pool view rooms - family studios are nice and big but not as well located, we upgrad...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank LaurenFinch
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I was pleased to read that your first overseas trip with the kids was enjoyable, in particular that you kids loved Kids Water Fun Zone and you found the Babysitter service to be good and affordable. We shall look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I do not know where to start, the food is excellent, staff are so professional, rooms are exceptional, pool areas are excellent, overall standard of resort is a 12 out of 10. We will def be staying again this was our 2nd stay there.

Room Tip: If you like using the pool areas try to get a family pool side room
7 Thank Lillypad01
I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thanks again for your review and hope to welcome you back very soon!
perth
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just got back from dynasty, if you have kids I highly recommend it as you don't really have to leave hotel for entertainment for them. Food was nice from the all the eateries, rooms were nice as well. Now for my whinge, if you overindulged the night before don't get a pool view room as with all the activities around during the day it wont allow you to sleep it off lol, mozzies and buzzards weren't really a problem... Until you get in to hospitality lounge, have no idea what the hell is being cultured on those couches but we were itchy and covered in bites after spending 3 hours kicking back in that room. Hospitality lounge is a nice touch but needs some hardcore fumigating. All the eateries are spot on around the dynasty, check out queens indian just out the front, may need to book as it usually full, best indian ive ever had. The one directly across the road that makes pizzas is spot on as well. Is it a cheap hotel to stay in, not really, but the rooms food and service are quality and location are good. Something that I didn't really notice on previous trips to bali was there is quite a few fixed price shops around for your 100% genuine fakes, which is a good thing in my opinion, they dont try and pounce on you and you dont have to offend each other with offers. That's it from me

6 Thank ozbloke74
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read that you were bitten by bugs. Bed bugs are normally brought in through people’s shopping bags especially when they have been in local markets etc and whilst the bags are in the room the bugs exit onto furniture or couch bases. With standard cleaning practices it is not always easy to find them since they hide inside crevices and only when the warmth of a body is near do they come out. However, thank you for bringing this issue to my attention, rest assured that this will be rectified.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

What a fantastic place to stay. The facilities are fabulous and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. There are two swimming pools with one being for kids with a water playground and a large slide (adults can also use). The only negative thing I really have to say is that the lifeguards around the kids pool are extremely whistle happy to the point where we only went on sunbeds around the main pool after the first day as it got on our nerves. They would literally whistle at every minor indiscretion if it needed it or not. On the other hand, there were approximately 3 or 4 lifeguards on at this small pool at all times so it was extremely safe.

We had a bog standard studio room which was in a nice quiet area and was very clean and suited our needs very well. The room could be divided in two by sliding doors which gave privacy for the adults and also allowed the children to watch television in their own area without the two TV's competing with each other. We went to have a look at a kids suite room and the only difference was that you had a bath and a PlayStation so we would just book the same room again next time. Room service was very good and they could not do enough for you if you asked for anything.

There are 5 restaurants and we ate at 4 of them. They are reasonably priced and although more expensive than outside of the hotel, they were very reasonable):
H2O - We had breakfast here each day which was very good although by the end of our holiday it was starting to get really busy and it was difficult to get seated. This restaurant does themed nights each evening and we tried to book for the Wednesday night which also had a magic show but we could not get in as it was fully booked. We went to the Indonesian night instead and the food was excellent with good entertainment.

Sen5es: We had an evening meal in here which was absolutely beautiful. We also ate breakfast here on the last day as they could not find a table for us in H2O. This restaurant does breakfast for the deluxe room guests and I must admit, I personally preferred H2O as it was bigger and much easier to move around from the table and food etc.

Queen of India: Beautiful Indian food and they catered for children although this is not shown on the menu. We asked if we could go and get a KFC for our 7 year old and bring it in and they cooked him chicken strips and chips.

Gracie Kelly's Irish Bar: Not really impressed with the food in here. I had the butterfish and chips and when it came to the table the chips were almost stone cold. The other meals we ordered were very average also. They took my meal away and by the looks of it they had chucked everything back in the fryer to reheat it. The fish was frozen and not fresh and we did not eat in here again. The atmosphere was good though and we had a drink in here to finish our evening most nights.

Golden Lotus Chinese: We never ate here as it was very expensive and we could not find a children's menu?

The pool bar does happy hour between 1200 - 1300 and 1700 - 1800 on cocktails and Bali Hai beer (which I did not like and unfortunately Bintang was full price throughout). A cocktail will set you back about $3.50 during happy hour although if you buy a bucket of it for approx. $7.50 you will get about 5 glasses out of it.

There are numerous ladies wandering around the pool area all day asking if you want foot massages and lots of people took them up on the offer. It cost approx. $15 for an hour although I gave them 200,000 Rp expecting to get 50,000 Rp change and it never came and I was too embarrassed to ask for it. When we went back to the room I read in the brochure that you should not pay cash for this service and should put the bill on your room. A good tip which I wish I had read first as the lady probably pocketed the whole amount for herself???

Overall it was a very enjoyable stay and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: All rooms were good in our opinion and it all depends if you want silence or to be around the pool?
5 Thank Spennygirl
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel services and the facilities and noted your feedback with regards to the lifeguards, rest assured that this will be improved. I also noted your comment with regards to the foot massage ladies around the pool area. I can assure you that it was not our normal standard of service and I have discussed this with the respective manager to ensure that necessary actions are taken. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.
Despite the above, I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and noted that you will stay with us again!