“LOVE THIS PLACE”

Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel
Ranked #16 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hi just want families to know how much we love this place. A couple of years ago we came back and could not get a room there so stayed at Hard Rock Cafe and hated the holiday $$$ down the drain but just came back from Dynasty with 17, 6, 2 year old and all had the BEST holiday
i love the location, close to airport not to busy never get stuck in traffic
Balinese style hotel great atmosphere
ground floor family pool view rooms
great prices
down to earth guests
just overall the best hotel for us
Emily

Room Tip: Ground Floor Family pool view sleeps 2 adults 3 children
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Em S
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you and your kids had an enjoyable stay. Thanks again for your review and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,633)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed for 10 night at the Dynasty in September 2013. We have 3 children aged 9 , 7 and 3 years old and had friends stay in room next to us. We stayed in the Garden View room which were great as the kids could play in garden area and we could socialise with our friends outside. The resort was quiet during this time of year and mainly full of Australians. The hotel is nice, clean, the rooms were great especially with three kids. The bunk bed area had its own TV and DVD player which was great to the kids to have quiet time at night. The housekeeping staff keeping the kids amused with the towel origami left on their beds each night. Kids pool as great, they had a ball, High Flyers trapeze was fantastic. The Spa treatments was amazing at $38.00AUD with 20% for guest for an hour facial and hour full body massage. Kids meals by the pool were $4.50AUD and adult meals $9.70AUD average and happy hours was a bonus. The food from the H20 restaurant was amazing and kids loved the food too. Made use of the Laundry (machines old), brought soap powder from local shop and clothes got cleaned. Kid didn’t want to go to Kids Club as they were having too much fun in the pool area; they did go for the movie night and enjoyed it. We did hear from another family that their kids were very bored in the kids club during the day as not much was offered for older children. The ice machines on each floor was fantastic. The location of the resort is great with the Discovery shopping centre 5 min walk, shops & restaurants everywhere. Overall this is a great family resort and would go again.

Room Tip: I would choose a garden view room on the lower floor if you have smaller children. As we were foreve...
3  Thank Michelle P

I am pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and found in particular the staff to be friendly and the hotel location to be central. Thanks again for your comments, we shall look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am a single mum and decided to take my little 5 year old boy on his first overseas holiday. I could not of been more impressed with the Bali Dynasty it was such a warm and welcoming place and the staff make you feel so special. My son and I will defiantly be back next year and would recommend it to anyone that wants a kid friendly holiday. Also it's a great location close to shops and water bom park. Thank you Bali Dynasty for a holiday we will remember for years to come and I also recommend the hotel photographer we now have some awesome photos to treasure xx

Room Tip: Love the pool view room it was amazing and comfortable
3  Thank Lisa A

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the dynasty in July with a couple of gfs and I loved it that much that we are now taking the kids back their in feb, the staff were very welcoming and the breakfast was to die for :) I highly recommend this resort if u have kids

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Charlene P
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on this forum. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return with your kids. Thanks again for comments and looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed for 10 nights in July, with another family of 4.
The hotel is nice, clean, the rooms were great with the housekeeping staff keeping the kids amused with the towel origami left on their beds each night.
Kids pool as great, they had a ball, High Flyers trapeze was fantastic.
Have to agree with a previous poster that the kids club was lack luster... Our kids went there one night for a movie night and they said the movie was a dodgy copy and there were screaming babies throughout the night (why you would put your baby in kids club on a movie night is beyond me)
They also spent a few hours there one day and bored out of their brains. Staff did not engage them at all and they couldn't participate in the frog race as it cost money and we hadn't given them any as we didn't know.
Our hotel key cards only worked every 5th time or so, so most of our time was spent back at the front desk asking for them to reset it, all the while with them blaming us for them not working... This was happening with our friends also and another family down the hall.
Spa treatments are not cheap, they offer you a free 15 minute massage but good luck agreeing on a time to book it in. Febris Hotel across the road is much more affordable.
Tapas bar above the pool area has the most amazing food and cocktails and lovely service.

Overall my general feeling of the hotel is that it was expensive all round. I feel like they are taking advantage of the fact that his place is touted as the best kids resort in Bali, so people will pay anything to stay there. But really there is only 1 pool, plus a kids slide and playground and the grounds are small, there's not really anywhere else to hang out. Breakfast was pricey, wifi was pricey, spas was pricey, rooms were pricey...
We had 2 gardenview rooms which were great as the kids could visit each other via the garden and we could socialise with our friends outside, but the hallways on the ground floor is like a tiled cave so people walking or running through to the pool make it very loud and echoey.

When we got home I found some items missing, a SIM card in its package, a watch, a pair of earrings and strangely enough, my favourite pair of denim shorts. I emailed them a few times, actually the first time was a few hours after arriving home, but items cannot be found. I can understand a pair of earrings being lost, but shorts?!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tink031

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was pleased to read that you liked the towel origami and the High Flyers Trapeze. I have addressed the issue with the babies in the movie night, since this should not be allowed and thank you for bringing this to my attention as well as the issue with the key cards which we will certainly look into. I am sorry that you weren’t impressed with the kids club facilities and that your kids did not enjoy them.

I am sorry that following your departure and subsequent followup with our lost property department the items you left behind were not found. We do have a system for left items in that all items left in a guest room are deposited in our lost property where they will remain for the guest to claim. I am sorry that your items were never found in the room following your departure.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you will reconsider returning again in the future

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights in two interconnecting rooms, 2 adults & 2 children (7 & 4 years). Overall we were very happy with the accommodation, the rooms were spacious & clean, the DVD players were a hit as were the two TV's & Nick Jr channel was a life saver.

Our children loved the pool as you can imagine, they called it mini water bomb park. The pools were clean and pool lounges were easy to find at most times of the day. The pools are very busy all day, with kids every where (as you would expect as this hotel is aimed at families). Lunch by the pool was ok & happy hour was a bonus, good service around the pool with attentive staff. They have daily activities around the pool like Bingo, big splash competition, volley ball & other activities they are noisy & busy great if you like that kind of thing, bad if you just want quiet time by the pool.

This hotel was full of Australians, we felt at times we had not left Australia! I think every travel agent must recommend it to families traveling to Bali. Some people might like to be surrounded by fellow Australians when overseas, others may prefer to be away from the yobo mentality of some Australian's in Bali.

The kids club was dull & boring (according to our children) & unfortunately our children did not want to go back after their first 2 hours there. This is something that could be improved especially as the resort caters to families in so many aspects. The staff even seemed bored & uninterested in the activities on offer.

The Wifi was not free but at only $5 AUD per day it was unlimited, fast & fantastic. The ice machines on each floor were a fantastic idea, wish more hotels offered this. The location of the resort is great with the Discovery shopping centre 5 min walk, shops & restaurants every where.

Overall this is a good family resort.

1  Thank lovtohol

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, in particular that you enjoyed the pool area and your kids loved the Water Fun Zone as well as the ice machine facility. Thank you for your feedback with regards to the Kids Clubs, I have shared this with the manager and we are looking at the activities to keep the kids entertained. Thanks again for your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just back from a three nighter at this hotel. Security is tight here it makes you feel really safe.

We stayed in a Kids Suite and its convenient as we don;t have to walk across rooms to our kids and yet a partition between us provides privacy too. Only minus point is one bathroom is too inconvenient for a family of five. Playstation was a plus to keep the kids occupied but was not well maintained and checked as we had three persons coming into the room to check through it and got it running after some time.

Swimming pool was great of course. Children go amok over it :) It seems though Australians or basically Non-Asians were favoured more by the resort staff as we were practically ignored. We would have gladly paid for their massage service by the pool but since no one approached us, we did not bother too.

H-two-O (the breakfast cafe) by the pool had wonderful staff and food selection was limited but sufficient for us.

Kupu Kupu Kids Club seems to have great activities but it was lacklustre according to my kids who have been to great ones at Hard Rock and Shangri-La's . Just didn't make the mark, according to my eleven year old. I saw it for myself when we picked them up, the ladies were lazing in front of the TV. Gosh! Kids were not engaged at all, probably because there were no more Aussie Kids in there, only my three kids left to do nothing in the kids club! I regretted letting them waste their time there.

Location is wonderful as its less than 5 minutes walk from Discovery Mall.

All in .... happy with our stay but was under my expectations.

1  Thank fongsres

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly that you appreciated the privacy of the Kids Suite and the hotel security made you feel more comfortable. I also noted your feedback with regards to the Kids Club, I am sorry to learn that you felt the staff were not engaged with the kids, I can assure you that this is not our normal standard and we will improve this.

I am sorry to learn that you felt there was a different treatment between foreign and Asian guests. I can assure you that we are trying very hard to re-address this balance through the training of our staff. Our Asian market is an important source of business for the hotel and we very much want them to return as do our foreign guests.

Thanks again for your feedback as it does assist us to make necessary improvements and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back shortly!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Hilton Bali Resort
Hilton Bali Resort
#23 of 54 in Nusa Dua
Febri's Hotel & Spa

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!