“A wonderful stay at the Bali Dynasty”

Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel
Ranked #17 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Geelong, Australia
“A wonderful stay at the Bali Dynasty”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our family had the pleasure of staying at the Bali Dynasty for 10 days in February.

We were very happy with our choice and highly recommend the resort for travellers with children.

Room:
We stayed in a family garden room (184).
Location was perfect.
We were very glad that we didn't upgrade to a pool view room.
The garden view rooms are very quiet, and that is just what you need when travelling with young children (18 months & 3 years old).
Room was smaller than perceived in the photographs but none the less, more than adequate for our family.
Super clean.
DVD player was a life saver for down time in the afternoon with the kids.
Disney Junior channel was a hit.
There is a service charge to remove the mini bar items out of the fridge if you want to put your own items in there... from memory I think it was around $3 AU.
Only negative regarding the room was a dangerous lip on the tiles between the bathroom and entry (approx 1.5cm). I was so nervous the whole time that one of the kids would slice their toe open.

Food / Restaurants:
We ate breakfast every morning at the H2O restaurant which is by the main pool.
A good standard buffet breakfast with everything you could wish for. If something you wished for wasn't there... staff would organise it for you within minutes.
Very prompt staff. We were never waiting for coffee or plates to be removed.

We had room service most days, either for lunch or an early dinner for the kids. It was super fast and always of a good standard.

Themed dinners at H2O. We had dinner a few nights there as it was easy with the kids. Good range of food. Don't go expecting 5 star quality food but I think for the price, it was reasonable and the entertainment provided was a winner with the kids.

Pool:
We spent most of our trip around the kid’s pool. The water playground was the highlight of our 3 y.o daughter's trip. She had a ball every single day. Beware the water bucket that drops the water is very harsh. My 18 month old could barely keep on his feet when it dropped.
Pool staff were amazing. So so friendly... remembered names, extremely vigilant when it comes to safety. There were always whistles going off it kids were doing something dangerous; I was very impressed with their high regard of safety.

Wifi:
A big negative. I don’t mind paying for wifi if the prices are a reasonable. I definitely think that Bali Dynasty should revise their packages. For 4 hours (which expired in 3 days) was IDR 100,000 (so approx $10 AU). So Skype home a few times, internet banking, and a few FB pictures and your time was up super quick. The unlimited packages were really expensive in my opinion.

Foot massages by the pool:
I had one and it was lovely. Understand that things cost more in a resort just was a little surprised in how much more. 150,000 ($15 AU) . Then the lady's come see you every single time you sit down at the pool with your family asking you to book in for another.

Money changer:
Outside the gates of the Dynasty, turn left onto the street and there is a Kodak photo money changer right next door to the Indian Restaurant. We did all out changing there. The staff were wonderful. They were very patient with us trying to get our head around the currency and always ensured we had the correct money. Never missing a single dollar after changing money there.

Overall, a wonderful stay. I would definitely return as I was very happy with our choice. Great resort. AMAZING staff... Witi from H2O my daughter is still talking about you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank stepha84
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Resort. I am sorry to read that you felt the wifi package was not value for money and also noted your concerns with regards to the tiles on the bathroom entry, rest assured that we will do necessary precautions to avoid any accidents. However, I am pleased to learn that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly that you enjoyed the breakfast, poolside massage and the service from the staff, especially Witi from H2O. Thanks again for your feedback, we shall look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

At Christmas we had our 4th visit to the Bali Dynasty. We have a son who is 13 and he loves this hotel and all the staff. You feel like you are returning to family each time you stay. The hotel and staff go above and beyond to make Christmas and New Year a wonderful experience for all the guests. We were worried about spending Christmas away from home, but it was the best Christmas ever. Many guests find it hard to leave the hotel during the day, because there is always plenty of activity around the hotel, the pool area and H2o café is a beautiful area to relax, swim, eat, have some fun or make some friends. Every holiday it gets harder and harder to leave the Dynasty, which is a reflection of the quality of this hotel. I could not imagine staying any where else, it would not be the same. The staff amaze me with their memory, their friendliness and willingness to go above and beyond to please the guests. A hotel that cares what the guests think and are very open to suggestions. Caters magnificently to children, making it an exciting hotel to stay at, but also a wonderful and relaxing hotel for couples and adults without children. Even when the hotel is full, it does not feel over crowded or too noisy. It just has a wonderful atmosphere that we enjoy. The beach is directly at the back of the hotel, giving easy access to walk along the beach to restaurants and shopping venues. One of our favourite things was the towel origami made on our beds each day, especially the two swans and 3 tiered Christmas cake with red ribbons on Christmas eve, it was magnificent, so were all the other animals that were made for us, often left wearing our sunglasses. Very clever indeed. The hotel includes the guests in all its Balinese celebrations and ceremonies, which is wonderful to see and learn about. Well done Dynasty!, you should be so proud of yourselves. Can't wait to see you all again one day soon.

Room Tip: We love they Deluxe pool view rooms on 2nd or 3d floors overlooking the pool area. Nice to sit on o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OJ J
Thank you for sharing your experience following your return visit to our resort. I was pleased to read you enjoyed all the facilities and in particular the restaurants and the hotel’s facilities as well as the towel origami made daily by our room attendants. We shall look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was our 3rd time at the dynasty, and just love it, service was excellent, food awesome, brekky by H20 so much to choose from and with the vouchers makes it a great price, room always cleaned (family pool view room - excellent) we fill our own bar fridge with goodies...air con very comfortable, the pool area great with activities, loved the volleyball especially with pool staff interacting, and enjoy the leg massages ($15/hr), great location in kuta as well...can't wait to go back again next January

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sherri N
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our resort and I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay once again and noted that you will return and stay with us again soon!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Booked 10 months in advance sent numerous emails trying to confirm particular rooms only to arrive and find booked into rooms not near pool. Managers did their best and did relocate us 3 days after arriving. Don't try and book your old room it won't happen. Apart from that the staff are great and make you feel like you've come home, although I won't stay there again I will visit to meet the guys that really run the show.

Room Tip: Suites on the east side attract noise from the kids pool, water Slide
1 Thank repowrx
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and noted your feedback with regards to the room allocation. I am sorry to learn that you were unable to get the room requested, although we endeavour to meet our guests requests, we are unable to guarantee specific room, it is very difficult to manage the inventory by room location, our prime concern is to at least ensure that our guests get the room type they request. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Highlights - The signature massage through resort felt amazing. Highly recommend. Both my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed.
-The buffet breakfast included a wide range of choices (pretty much everything you could have for breakfast was there) and your choice to sit by the pool at H20 or Sen5es. It was absolutely scrumptious
-The swim up bar pool happy hour prices were amazing 85000 RPH (AUD$8.50) for a bucket which serves about 4 cocktail drinks all tasted great and amazing value as in Aus you would probably pay at least $12 for one cocktail and for less you get 4!!! So def recommend sitting at the pool bar from 12-1PM
-Organised a cake for another guests birthday - we asked to cancel (as guest went on tour so wouldnt be there) but they still had it there waiting for the guest when they came back from tour and said the cake was on them and even had their fresh towels in shape of a cake. Beautiful touch.

Lowlights
-No free wifi. Many hotels in Bali come with free wifi. I think it would be a wise decision to allow free wifi to guests especially because in todays times guests like to upload photos to facebook, instagram and other applications and sites which helps further promote the hotel.
-Noticed on last day we could hear people walking around (and what sounded like moving furniture above us) - suggestion is to get top floor room as we had second floor.
-They forgot our fruit basket and we had to ask for the massage vouchers that were included in our package. (I feel that if you pay for a package you shouldn't have to remind them or chase them up for what you have paid for). They were swift in getting voucher once notified
-We wanted to get a massage gift voucher for another guest whose birthday it was (we asked on a sat to have by a Sunday but was told one couldn't be organised until the Monday- unsure why but thought it was a relatively simple request)

Service - all the staff there were friendly and polite. At times I felt they did not know what I might be asking but we got there in the end. :) The swim up bar pool staff were particularly friendly and engaged in a chat and a laugh together. The buffet breakfast staff were friendly and worked swiftly and if there was something not their (like poached egg or baked beans) they would quickly get it together for you. They were only ever to happy to help you out.

Value - we paid for a package and it was $663 for 3 nights which included 1.5 hour massage each, a welcome fruit basket (which we never got) and drink. We felt we got great value for money considering how nice experience we had and the location of the resort was perfect for us.

Sleep Quality - we both slept very well. The bed was HUGE! So plenty of space to spread out. Their is air con to make sure you're not too hot when sleeping. I bought my own pillow (because I can get headaches from other pillows) but my partner said his pillows were fine. Not sure if they offer a pillow range for those who are particular about that.

Cleanliness - the hotel and surroundings were all clean. The pool always felt clean also. They made our beds everyday and tidied the room.

Location - It was walking distance to local markets, centro (large shopping centre), restaurants, waterbom park, short drive to main clubs in Kuta,

Rooms - very nice. What I expected. We had room overlooking the H2O and pool which we liked. Other guests we knew had first floor room which deck outlooked onto a basic green garden (preferred our view).

Spa - signature massage was great. almost fell asleep as it was relaxing. I liked how they asked a couple of times if the pressure was good. I drank a few cocktails before mine. Wouldnt do that as I needed to go to toilet throughout the 1.5 hour massage.

Breakfast - as stated in highlights at top - it was sensational!!! Delicious.

All in all it was a great time. Well done Bali Dynasty!

Room Tip: Choice top floor (avoids hearing noise above) view overlooking pool was nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank emily o
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you enjoyed the facilities and services extended from the staff during your stay. However, I also noted your comment with regards to the wifi. We are unable to give free wifi since the cost of providing a reasonable wifi service to over 312 guest rooms and ensuring all guests when logged in (which can be over 150 guests at one time) are getting a reasonable speed and bandwidth can be very expensive indeed However, free wifi is now offered in Golden Lotus and Gracie Kelly’s restaurants as well as at the D’ Lounge cocktail bar when the guest is dining or drinking. Thanks again for you feedback, as it does assist us to make necessary improvements.
Perth
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have now stayed at the Dynasty Resort on more than 10 occasions over the past 5 years. There's something for all the family at this resort with all kinds of activities around the pool each day. You can participate or just relax and watch, or find a quiet spot in the adults only area and read a book or have a massage. Great breakfast in the morning.
The most wonderful team who we see time and time again each visit. Well managed and people who genuinely make an attempt to make your stay enjoyable.
Our particular thanks to Ardika and Robert in the management team. I recently took ill while there (nothing to do with the hotel) and they were wonderfully helpful.

Room Tip: There are options for a pool view room or a garden view room. The garden view is much quieter and on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review. I am pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us once again. Your commendations to Ardika will certainly be passed on and looking forward to welcoming you back to “your home away from home”.
Lake Grace, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

What more can I say, once again the Dynasty delivered the best holiday resort close to the action, but far enough away from outside noise and distractions. My two kids just loved the new kid zone pool area from water bomb park. The new H2O restaurant was great for breakfast overlooking the pool area. We spoke to that many families and they have all tried other resorts and hotels, but always come back to the Dynasty. Pool room view was great again, along with the very friendly staff. Good clean gym and the kids loved the kids club on the few occasions they went. Thank you Bali Dynasty Resort.

Room Tip: Pool view room if little kids still need a sleep during the day and they are close to their own toil...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our resort and I am pleased to learn that everything was to your liking once again. I also noted your commendations of Witi at H2O to whom I will pass on your compliments. Thanks again for your comment and looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Padma Resort Legian
#2 of 84 in Legian
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,418 reviews
Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!