“Bali Dynasty Resort Review” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bali Dynasty Resort

Bali Dynasty Resort
Ranked #16 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Los Angeles, California
“Bali Dynasty Resort Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bali Dynasty for one week in September, 2012. The room was very clean and had everything we needed in it. The staff did an excellent job cleaning the room and always left a good supply of towels and essentials. The room overlooked the pool but was still quiet when we needed some rest. The best part about staying here is the breakfast. After the breakfast we would not be hungry the rest of the day. Not the mention the coffee...Wow! I would definitely stay here again. When we wanted to take some day trips planning was so easy. There is a tourism office right here in the hotel.

1 Thank Marcia1954
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and I was pleased to read that as a couple without kids you did not find the hotel to be too noisy! Thanks for complimenting the breakfasts and I am pleased that our Tour and Information Centre were helpful and gave you all the information you needed on touring around the island. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again some time in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
EDEN HILL, PERTH, WA

Stayed 14 nights in Sept 2012 - 2 adults & 3 girls aged 11yo, 8yo & 6yo
Family Garden Room - one long rectangle shaped room with seperate bathroom & small wall between bunk beds & king size main bed. Trundle bed pulls out from under bunks but not on rollers so a bit of muscle to pull out but on tiles so slides (would have preferred it to be off the floor a bit more)

Bathroom with bathtub and shower inside it - supplied bath mat to prevent slipping. Disappointed that they did not supply toothbrushes or toothpaste or a razor - but shower cap, shower gel, shampoo/conditioner, moisturiser and soap provided.

Room was spacious enough and sitting area outside was nice but the grass needs some TLC - we were in Room 144 near the spa and although a nice area it became quite muddy when water was used in the grassed area.

Pools were great and kids area fantastic. Staff around the pool incl. lifeguards are fantastic people and always make you feel welcome.
Kids Club - was ok - more suited for u/6yo - not much for the 7 - 12yos to do that kept them entertained during the day - the Thursday night movie night is a good idea and nice for parents to go out.

H2O was great value for breakfast and the theme buffett nights great as well with a really good selection of food choices.
Nice and close to shops - step out the front and you have the fixed price shops across the road - or a short walk down the road and there is Centro.

Overall the Dynasty was great especially for kids - loved the location.

Room Tip: A corner room would be better as the walls are a bit thin so we could hear our neighbours when they...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor and thanks for pointing out the issue with the wheels on the trundle bed in 144 - they should slide easily, so we will look into that immediately!
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the pool, restaurants and other facilities and I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future
Pittsworth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

A highly recommended resort for the family. Set back from the main road, the Dynasty was the perfect option for our needs, with plenty of shopping just a 2 minute walk away.
Stayed in a Family Studio at the front of the resort on the second away from the hustle of the pool area, and I have to say , we were not disappointed in the standard of this hotel. Glad we did our research and chose this part of the hotel as we were extremely impressed and happy. Travelling with smokers as well, so they were accomodated for too.
Kids were excited to see what towel animal would show up on the beds the next morning after breakfast too!! Climate control air con, 2 tv's and huuuuuge room with plenty of room to sit on a chair instead of a bed.
A bunk bed for the kids, with a glass slider for parents privacy. Swim up pool bar with great happy hour prices. Great buffet breakfast and fantastic themed dinners too!!!
We did not once use the kids for our 12 and 9 year old boys, who were constantly occupied by things to do in and outside the resort. And with access to the beach, it was such a lovely place to be. Husband was happy with Gracie Kelly bar's variety of sports (and the beer) and the kids were welcome in every part of the hotel, and always with a big smile!
The friendly letter on our second last day before check out was wonderful, with tips for getting through the airport quickly and efficiently.
Travelling with my immediate family, the check in staff were very helpful accomodating us so our rooms were as close to each other as possible, and the option of room service was lovely.
All in all, the resort was a great choice throughout the entire family, and the added bonus of a laundry room was awesome so Mum could wash up for the next leg!!
Thanks for a wonderful, Bali Dynasty!!!!! Will be Back for sure!

Room Tip: Use the resort map on their website so you can gauge an idea of where your room will be when you boo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ash G
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on this forum and I was pleased to read that your overall experience with us was very positive from the large Studio room to the friendly staff at reception. I am pleased that you had a great time and will return again soon!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Hotel is in the middle of Kuta Shopping Area, close to the Dynasty Shopping Mall and all other facilities, it has beach access, however the gates are being shut at 7:30 – after that you have to walk around the hotel to get back in.
Our room was spacious and the air conditioning quiet so you can have it running during the night, which was very pleasant.
We were lucky to have a room facing the tennis courts in the back of the hotel– the rooms facing the pool and bar area must have been really noisy.
The breakfast offered a wide variety of Asian and European food; however the quality was questionable. We had travelled through Bali for 2 weeks before staying at the Dynasty, and had no problems with the food – my wife was sick after eating at the Hotel.
The hotel does not provide free WiFi, which is unfortunate; most of the other hotels offer free WiFi for guests.
All in all it's a nice hotel (I wouldn't say it's worth the money), more suitable for families with children, as it’s very loud at the pool area, if you are looking for a quiet place to relax, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the central pool area are quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason512
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry your wife fell ill and can assure you that we take every possible precaution to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of food safety and hygiene at all times. Sometimes the famous "Bali Belly" symptoms are not caused from foods alone. I am pleased you enjoyed the central location of the resort and convenience to the shopping mall.

I hope we will have the opportunity of hosting you again should you come to Bali.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

we stayed 9 nights first i was dissapointed with the garden view it was 2 metres of patchy grass then a 2 1/2 metre retaining wall so it was no view i was led to believe there would be a decent sized nice garden to look at the rooms are strictly non smoking and your are reminded of this with the threat of a massive bill for fumigation also there are notes about bills if you stain the sheets or floor with new tattoos along with requests not to get the sheets and towels washed every day i was starting to feel like i had just paid a couple of grand to go to jail this place is just a tired resort lacking any true bali holiday feel fine if like to be micro managed on holiday. breakfast buffet is first class but you pay for it the cleaners are friendly and do a first class job so give em a tip on the side they work hard this is only my opinion on the room we had not the whole resort but i can honestly say i did not get the wow factor of balinese hospitality i got when we stayed over the road at the bali rani i wont be going back to the dynasty especialy room 809

Room Tip: no garden view from room 809
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank michael j
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Bali Dynasty Resort. I am sorry that you had a misperception that there was a garden in front ( i am not sure where this is portrayed since it is not on our website?) Most of our Studio rooms face onto the front duck pond at the front of the hotel and dependent on where you are located (you were obviously ground floor), the view is obscured by a wall to muffle the sound of traffic in the driveway, whilst at the same time ground floor guests have the additional benefit of a small garden space in front of their balcony as opposed to being restricted to just the balcony.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the "house rules" with regards to smoking etc. Recent laws have been implemented in Bali with regards to this and therefore we are just adhering to it and I am sure yourself, coming from Perth, can appreciate that you have more stringent laws there.

I am sorry your overall stay was impacted by your room however was pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the cleaners were first class. I am surprised you did not find the remainder of the staff friendly, if you read through this forum you can see that everyone praises the staff and they are seen as our biggest asset. I would suggest if you do come back then that you make a special request for a room on a higher level so you can enjoy the view. Thanks again for your input and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again some time in the future.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My work arranged for me to stay at the Dynasty and I was pleasantly surprised when I was not only met at the airport but some of the staff at the hotel knew my name prior to my arrival. The room was absolutely huge and the facilities were impeccibly maintained. Breakfast was also included in the price which was absolutely amazing. The location was perfect for where I wanted to go and the staff had very good local knowledge - able to recommend good places for shopping and tips for getting around town.

Perhaps the ONLY gripe I have is that for a USD200 a night resort, I would have expected internet access to be complementary. Instead I was charged $30 for three days access. Not a bad rate by comparison, but still...

I have travelled the world and the bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in in my whole entire travelling experience. Combined with the perfectly set airconditioner - the room experience was perfect. Overall I would definitely stay here again - the resort provided a 5 star experience with 5 star service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bajar
Thanks for taking the time to post your experience and I was pleased to read that it was a good one! We do cater to a lot of corporate clients and everyone seems to find the location convenient as well as enjoy Gracie Kelly's Irish pub!
I trust you will visit us again soon!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed for 10 days and had two adjoining rooms for our family of 6 in the Deluxe suites. We put our 4 children into one room each in single beds with room to spare. The rooms were clean, well supplied and serviced with great friendly staff.

We enjoyed the pools, waterslide and the activities arranged each day around the pool.

The hotel is well located with a 5 to 10 minute walk to Centro and Discovery shopping centres and Waterbom park. Plus it's only another 10 minutes to Kuta. There are plenty of restaurants nearby but we found it was often cheaper to eat at the hotel.

The H2O restaurant was well staffed with a good selection further enhanced by the theme nights. Great stays! Senses restaurant was also great value.

We'll be returning if only to silence our children whom are already begging to back.

Two general tips for travellers to Bali, take a good mosquito repellant and a power board if you need to recharge cameras, iPods etc.

5 Thank Robyn C
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Bali Dynasty Resort. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff and facilities top class! We shall look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
#42 of 250 in Kuta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,485 reviews
Febri's Hotel & Spa

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort? Share your experiences!