It was my first stay at the Ramada Bintang and I booked this resort on the recommendation of my travel agent and she secured me a family combo deal, which housed two adjoining rooms on the top floor side by side.
Upon arriving at my room, I was initially not particularly impressed by the aging decor that greeted me. The room was however spacious, with high ceilings and upon opening up to the adjoining room, it was plenty big enough for us all (2 adults and 3 children). The staff were swift in bringing up an extra bed for my son too. The cleaning of the room was also OK, but the housekeeping staff were very friendly and I guess that's what matters the most.
Breakfast was great and while not providing the biggest selection in the world, the food served was quality and had enough variety to keep us all interested. We ordered room service after arriving late at night on the first night and I found the club sanwich to be excellent. My wife had mee goreng and really enjoyed it too. On the day we left the resort, we had a theme dinner at the Wharf which is held on a Tuesday night. This incorporated legong dancing and a buffet of local dishes that included the famous Babi Guling roast pork and some Western dishes too. It was an excellent night overall and definitely worth seeing. They also enabled dinner attendees to have pictures with the dancers after the show, which was a very nice touch. We also had an afternoon tea on two occasions in the refurbished cool lounge. This venue overlooks the pool and gardens and was really well done. The service staff for the afternoon tea were really efficient and brought cold water and biscuits before the coffee and cakes were brought.
The grounds are immaculately kept and the pool area is large and overlooks the beach. The kids section of the pool is also plenty big enough for them to have a good time. I particularly liked the two jacuzzi's which are in an elevated section over the pool. There is one hot and one cold jacuzzi, so you can alternate dipping in each and it really alleviates any aches and pains you may have.
As we generally didn't spend a lot of time in the room, I found the staff, the grounds, the pool and the resort in all was a very good experience. I would certainly stay here again if I was given an opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, a beach front property in the heart of South Kuta, sets in more than six hectares of tropical gardens. The resort is conveniently located just ten minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and within a walking distance to the biggest shopping centre, the Discovery Shopping Mall and Lippo Mall Kuta. 402 Rooms and suites overlook the gardens featuring contemporary Balinese furnishing plus a full range of modern amenities. Hotel facilities include a free form swimming pool with cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi, swim-up bar, health club and sauna, beach restaurant and spa. All rooms come with balcony, tea and coffee making facilities, safe deposit box, and free wi-fi internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Bintang Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort And Spa
- Ramada Bintang Bali Hotel Kuta
- Ramada Kuta
- Kuta Ramada
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort Kuta