“Top Stay at the Ramada”

Ramada Bintang Bali Resort
Ranked #43 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It was my first stay at the Ramada Bintang and I booked this resort on the recommendation of my travel agent and she secured me a family combo deal, which housed two adjoining rooms on the top floor side by side.

The Rooms
Upon arriving at my room, I was initially not particularly impressed by the aging decor that greeted me. The room was however spacious, with high ceilings and upon opening up to the adjoining room, it was plenty big enough for us all (2 adults and 3 children). The staff were swift in bringing up an extra bed for my son too. The cleaning of the room was also OK, but the housekeeping staff were very friendly and I guess that's what matters the most.

The Food
Breakfast was great and while not providing the biggest selection in the world, the food served was quality and had enough variety to keep us all interested. We ordered room service after arriving late at night on the first night and I found the club sanwich to be excellent. My wife had mee goreng and really enjoyed it too. On the day we left the resort, we had a theme dinner at the Wharf which is held on a Tuesday night. This incorporated legong dancing and a buffet of local dishes that included the famous Babi Guling roast pork and some Western dishes too. It was an excellent night overall and definitely worth seeing. They also enabled dinner attendees to have pictures with the dancers after the show, which was a very nice touch. We also had an afternoon tea on two occasions in the refurbished cool lounge. This venue overlooks the pool and gardens and was really well done. The service staff for the afternoon tea were really efficient and brought cold water and biscuits before the coffee and cakes were brought.

The Grounds/pool
The grounds are immaculately kept and the pool area is large and overlooks the beach. The kids section of the pool is also plenty big enough for them to have a good time. I particularly liked the two jacuzzi's which are in an elevated section over the pool. There is one hot and one cold jacuzzi, so you can alternate dipping in each and it really alleviates any aches and pains you may have.

Overall
As we generally didn't spend a lot of time in the room, I found the staff, the grounds, the pool and the resort in all was a very good experience. I would certainly stay here again if I was given an opportunity.

Room Tip: If you are in a larger family group, see if you can get a combo room deal with adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GeezerInOz
There are newer reviews for Ramada Bintang Bali Resort

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here as a family of four with 2 teenagers for Christmas 2013. Our stay was for 10 days. The adjoining rooms were great, although could do with an update. Beware ladies - no power point in the bathroom for your hair dryer! Seriously! This hotel is very spread out and for mine, lacks atmosphere. More often than not, we were the only people at the lobby bar. Seemed to us to accommodate a lot of Russian and Japanese guests who do day tours and keep to themselves. We did meet some nice people at the pool bar one afternoon, but I think from a social perspective, this was not the place for us. It was a bit like a ghost town, although it was supposedly fully booked. This may appeal to some travellers. We were happy with the service, the breakfast, the gardens, restaurant and pool. I did complain about a group of rowdy guests who we're running up and down the corridors in the middle of the night ringing doorbells, including ours! My complaint fell on deaf ears. I wouldn't stay here again only from a social perspective - if you want to feel as though you're the only people there and like to keep to yourselves - it would suit you perfectly! My teenagers, in particular, would've preferred to stay in the heart of Kuta, closer to the 'action'.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Reviewed May 22, 2014

1  Thank David L
RamadaBintang, Front Office Manager at Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We have stayed at the Ramada Bintang 7 times and have taken many friends there over the years. Great staff, beautiful food and clean rooms that need a bit of updating. Beautiful grounds and gardens and I love the breakfast. I think its getting a bit pricey now though and I also think I deserve a few free nights since I have stayed there so many times :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn L
Reviewed May 19, 2014

For an old hotel, it was very cozy and enjoyable. the food is delicious, the room is clean, the garden was nice, the beach is so close to the hotel, and the service was great. Except the front entrance is under construction when we was there. My office use this hotel for our 3D2N Employee Gathering.

Definitely recommended for everyone...

Thank You Ramada Bintang Bali Resort.

Best Regards,

Ales Estmaraldo
Generali Indonesia

Room Tip: choose the closest to the beach
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business