“Average Hotel in and Average destination”

Ramada Bintang Bali Resort
Ranked #44 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
FreedomFamily4
“Average Hotel in and Average destination”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at the Ramada for a group family holiday (14 of us/3 generations) in June/July 2013 booked to accommodate the most budget-conscious in our group.
Initially unhappy as we arrived two hours after check-in time and our rooms weren't ready.
Rooms were fine, standard if a little dated.
Gardens were really lovely but this is pretty standard wherever you go in Bali.
Service was hit and miss. I always use the room safe and in this case the safe was locked on arrival. I rang reception but no-one came on promise - I had to go to reception and insist someone come with me to unlock the safe. Staff tried hard and were nice but seemed limited in their ability to solve issues.
Breakfast; good variety - odd they had an allocated 'Egg Station' but you couldn't get a poached egg from them - it had to be ordered to the roving staff and delivered from the kitchen out the back - 15 minutes and a plate of scrambled eggs later (from the egg station) the poached eggs arrived!? Wouldn't it be easy to have a pot on the boil to slide eggs in to poach in a couple of minutes?
Spa massage was very good, always in awe that these tiny Balinese girls are so small but can deliver such a deep and strong massage.
Definitely do not recommend the Wharf Restaurant. We waited two hours for food to arrive - Caesar salad was a plate of lettuce with a bit of cheese sprinkled on top - unimpressive.
If I returned to Bali I wouldn't book this place for myself and my immediate family. I think there is much better value available and personally think a smaller hotel delivers a lot better - this is my fourth visit to Bali.
Regardless of my complaints we had a really good time but that was more about the people than the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FreedomFamily4
RamadaBintang, Front Office Manager at Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Freedom Family4,

Warmest greeting from Ramada Bintang Bali Resort,

Thanks for your feed back about your staying in our resort.
Your advices are important for us. The certain response was taken to change those less points. Dear Freedom Family4, first refer to your comment about our property, we are still on progress to revamp our property partially. And we knew that you were staying in not yet revamp family interconnecting room due your group recent requests to stay side by side.
Just for your information, our family interconnecting rooms are the most requests at the moment and most of the guests will stay until day used. Actually, due we kept your last requests insist to stay in family interconnecting rooms than side by side with your other members group in family interconnecting too, it needed your understanding. That's why we opened conversation with your group. And we put on confirmation that some requests was subject to availability but we still tried to fulfill your requests with some term condition explained before. Second., about the safe, we due apologize for being late in response. Yes, you are right. Based on our procedure, the safe must be on ready position before guests check in. And specially your case, due your rush requests, our housekeeper less in checking those rooms and just for your acknowledged, to open the closed safe must be attended by our Duty Manager and security. And on that tight time, we had coordinate first. Based on our Duty Manager report, when he came to your room with our security, you were not in room. So they did not dare to enter your room without you and your permission. And third about your poach egg request. Dear, our Food & Beverage Manager , Mr Giri Arta just collect the data regarding your complaint. And he explained that the poach egg is on requests. So that meal will not be set up at Egg station at our breakfast area. The only think we could do is to quicker our service and giving complete information about the menus through the information display. And about the Caesar salad, directly our Chef do apologize for that no standardized salad and he thanked to you had been evaluating the menu.
Once Freedom Family4, thanks for visit our resort and giving good advices.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have travelled to Bali many times but hadn't stayed at this hotel, and I won't again! I had two third floor rooms with a connecting door. The rooms were very average, with standard facilities for this type of large hotel. Paper thin walls meant I heard every conversation, every movement, from the various guests in the next room throughout my stay. WiFi was very temperamental which made working frustrating. Impossible to have a shower after 9am as there was no water, and the massive airconditioner motors were extremely noisy and kept waking me during the night. I didn't get much sleep in the 9 days I was there!
Both my daughter and I had our suitcases rifled through by staff and items stolen. I made numerous complaints to the Duty Manager and security, but the issues were not rectified, nor apologised for!! I was told they would 'get back to me', but no-one did. I had to keep going back and asking what was going on, and I just got brushed off. My integrity and honesty was questioned, and I was made to feel as though I was making things up! After I had complained about my privacy being violated and items stolen, I was in my room with my children with the Do Not Disturb sign on both doors and the privacy locks engaged, and someone still tried to get in to the children's room, the door was opened! I asked Housekeeping if they had tried to come in, and they said no. I complained again to security and the Manager, but again nothing was done. Appalling and complete lack of service!
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the gym and sauna, although opening hours could be extended as it doesn't open until 8am. Gusti in the lobby store blatantly overcharged, and there are no prices on his products, so I gladly spent my money elsewhere, and often. The food in the breakfast buffet was lovely, as was room service and the buffet dinner, and prices very reasonable.
I won't ever stay here again, and I would not recommend anyone to stay here. Trust is an important issue when you stay anywhere, and it is very disconcerting when your belongings are trifled with and your personal privacy violated. The lack of compassion or responsibility from Management and staff was simply reprehensible and insulting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank DarlingPerth
RamadaBintang, Front Office Manager at Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear DarlingPerth,

Warmest greeting from Ramada Bintang Bali Resort,

Thanks for your feed back about your staying in our property.
We never think the unexpected things happened to you and your family.
Through this replying, we would like to give clarification about your feedback.
First, about WI FI, you are right that at the moment, we still try to maximize our new program FREE WI FI for our valued guests. And from your feedback we will evaluate again and come with better solution. Than second about the noise from the exhaust, we did check with our DB meter, actually we found still in acceptable meter, but based on your comment we will do more to lowest the DB point. And third, about the sensitive matter. We investigated your lost belonging. It was a bottle a Estilo perfume. Actually we did investigation action through find out who else entered your room # 1303 and 1305 by our tessa unit device than we investigated all the house keeping staff who cleaned your room. And also at that day, we invited you to make police report At POLRES KUTA. Based on the above action, we are really serious to fight that bad habit. And we agreed with you that bad habit must be vanished. Again, we found strange on the field upon investigation. The logical though revealed like this, first when our staff stole the perfume a half of bottle,she should break on your perfume bottle lips.
But we found there was no defect on your half perfume bottle lips in your room. Second, when the staff tried to pour the half of your best perfume, we thought we would be easily to find the stolen from it's odor. From those two reasons, we could not find the certain clues of thing stolen.
Dear Darling, to settle this matter we must be involved the POLICE due it is very sensitive both for you and us but you rejected on that time. And see, we are really seriously in order to protect our guests safety.
Once more,we do apologize for unexpected things happened to you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Its so huge that you could loose yourself on your way to the rooms. It has a great huge pool. Rooms were spacious & clean with nice Balinese Deco. The food in the restaurants during lunch & breakfast were ok. Private access to beach, but watch out for the local sellers trying to sell you their goods. Staffs are friendly. Right outside the hotel there are restaurants, 24 hour convenience store & massage place. Located in a slightly quieter part of Kuta which suited us.

• Stayed June 2013
RamadaBintang, Front Office Manager at Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Puvanesh P,

Thank you for your visit in our beautiful resort.
We will be pleased to see you and your family again in our huge and green resort in your next holiday. See you soonest dear Puvanesh.

Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the Ramada initally for one week, then we extended for another because we loved the quiet location out of Kuta; the massive pool with the swim around stage; the sprawling gardens; and the friendly and helpful staff!
The pool activities were always fun, as were the boats out the front taking us surfing on Kuta reef. The food in all the restuarants were great, as was the room. It was more spacious than other hotels we have previously stayed at.
We will stay again on our next trip!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Melis_martin,

Warmest greeting from Ramada Bintang Bali Resort,

Thank you for your visit.
We are so proud to have you and your family staying in our beautiful resort.
We promise that we will always be ready to welcome you in creating other beautiful stories very soon

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good hotel - staff and facilities good - a little far from central Kuta but not a long walk - quicker by taxi after a night out and dark along the beach walkway - lights are in short supply at various parts
Good staff help for children during day and baby sitting at night

Room Tip: Good high up with sea and pool view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear DGA1142,

Thank you for your visit in our beautiful resort.
We are pleased to have you and your family in spending your holiday.
To see you and your family again in your next visit is our pride.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Location: Located at the heart of Kuta, just about 5 minutes from the Ngurah Rai Airport. A good hotel where you can spend your holiday in Bali. Surrounded by shops and restaurants, a perfect place to stay when you wanna have a great party atmosphere. Just walk around the street in front of the hotel and feel the heat of Bali! Beach? No problem they got the hotel’s private beach with amazing views!

Lobby: Great design, love the gardens! Just few minutes after you checked-in, a waitress will comes near you and gives the Welcome Drink immediately. Love the tropical juice! Even though I’m not sure what fruits the juice are made of, LOL. The staffs are really friendly and helpful, and also fluent in English and some other languages. Good job!

Room: The room is pretty small, but clean and neat. Beds are good enough. Nothings special. Bathroom is quite good, cold and hot water, closet works well.

Rate: Worth on every dollar you spent! Great services!

The main appealing point of hotels in Bali is BEACH, and Ramada had a good one! I love to spend the night on the hotel’s beach. You can enjoy Ramada’s Balinese cultural show at night while BBQ-ing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ponyodesu,

Thank you for your visit in our beautiful resort.
We are happy to know that you found the service there. And thank you for your review in some points, we promise to pay attention from those than follow through with appropriate program.
Hopefully, we will see you and your family staying in our resort again very soon.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed last June 2 - 4, 2013 with 2 buddies of mine. We didn't exactly enjoy our last hotel in Kuta beach so getting checked in at the Ramada was a welcomed relief. The place is enormous, they give a lay out of the place when you check-in. The lobby is incredible with an ornate statue to greet you as you come in. The staff are very friendly and the pool area just looks out to the incredible beach. When you get tired of going around beautiful Bali, this is a great place to stay. Makes you all the more energized to go around again. Wouldn't mind staying here again when we visit Bali again.

Room Tip: Always book in advance. Gets you better rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RamadaBintang, Front Office Manager at Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Ton7qico,

Warmest greeting from Ramada Bintang Bali Resort,

Thanks for your visit in our beautiful resort during your recent holiday in Bali.
We thank too for your trust choosing us to spend your holiday. Yes, we would be pleasure to wait and welcome you and your family in your next holiday in creating more fantastic stories.