We stayed at the Ramada for a group family holiday (14 of us/3 generations) in June/July 2013 booked to accommodate the most budget-conscious in our group.
Initially unhappy as we arrived two hours after check-in time and our rooms weren't ready.
Rooms were fine, standard if a little dated.
Gardens were really lovely but this is pretty standard wherever you go in Bali.
Service was hit and miss. I always use the room safe and in this case the safe was locked on arrival. I rang reception but no-one came on promise - I had to go to reception and insist someone come with me to unlock the safe. Staff tried hard and were nice but seemed limited in their ability to solve issues.
Breakfast; good variety - odd they had an allocated 'Egg Station' but you couldn't get a poached egg from them - it had to be ordered to the roving staff and delivered from the kitchen out the back - 15 minutes and a plate of scrambled eggs later (from the egg station) the poached eggs arrived!? Wouldn't it be easy to have a pot on the boil to slide eggs in to poach in a couple of minutes?
Spa massage was very good, always in awe that these tiny Balinese girls are so small but can deliver such a deep and strong massage.
Definitely do not recommend the Wharf Restaurant. We waited two hours for food to arrive - Caesar salad was a plate of lettuce with a bit of cheese sprinkled on top - unimpressive.
If I returned to Bali I wouldn't book this place for myself and my immediate family. I think there is much better value available and personally think a smaller hotel delivers a lot better - this is my fourth visit to Bali.
Regardless of my complaints we had a really good time but that was more about the people than the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, a beach front property in the heart of South Kuta, sets in more than six hectares of tropical gardens. The resort is conveniently located just ten minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and within a walking distance to the biggest shopping centre, the Discovery Shopping Mall and Lippo Mall Kuta. 402 Rooms and suites overlook the gardens featuring contemporary Balinese furnishing plus a full range of modern amenities. Hotel facilities include a free form swimming pool with cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi, swim-up bar, health club and sauna, beach restaurant and spa. All rooms come with balcony, tea and coffee making facilities, safe deposit box, and free wi-fi internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Bintang Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort And Spa
- Ramada Bintang Bali Hotel Kuta
- Ramada Kuta
- Kuta Ramada
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort Kuta