I arrived at The Ramada Bintang late in the evening with my husband & 2 children aged 5 & 9, for a 10 day holiday.
At the check-in I was asked to take a seat, 15 minutes later the manageress came out to inform my that i'll be staying "down the road at another hotel"....... excuse me? I have a confirmed booking & I would like my 2 connecting rooms, she went away & came back 15 minutes later, saying " I have spoken to the manager & would like to offer you a free dinner when you come back "...I beg your pardon? .She couldn't tell me anything about this other hotel, does it have a kids club? does it have a pool? I declined the offer & demanded the 2 rooms that I had booked & paid for, I have never been so humilated in my life, my rooms had been given to someone else for whatever reason other than greed, my holiday was ruined, my kids were crying in the lobby @ 2.00am in the morning, I virtualy lost 3 days of unpacking,packing & moving.
The hotel we stayed for 2 nights was ok, but not family friendly, no kids club & no grounds or garden for the kids to play.
We did get an upgrade when we came back , I felt so humilated after being lied to.
This is not an isolated incident, during our stay we met some other guests who had the same thing happen to them & spent 3 nights at the Dynasty.
The Ramada Bintang Bali has commited the biggest sin in Holiday Travel, & that is double booking rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, a beach front property in the heart of South Kuta, sets in more than six hectares of tropical gardens. The resort is conveniently located just ten minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and within a walking distance to the biggest shopping centre, the Discovery Shopping Mall and Lippo Mall Kuta. 402 Rooms and suites overlook the gardens featuring contemporary Balinese furnishing plus a full range of modern amenities. Hotel facilities include a free form swimming pool with cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi, swim-up bar, health club and sauna, beach restaurant and spa. All rooms come with balcony, tea and coffee making facilities, safe deposit box, and free wi-fi internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Bintang Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort And Spa
- Ramada Bintang Bali Hotel Kuta
- Ramada Kuta
- Kuta Ramada
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort Kuta