I last reveiwed Ramada Bintang Bali a year ago. My experience last time was very good, as it was again this time, however having stayed twice, a year apart I'd say the resort needs to take a few things into consideration to keep pace with what is happening in the rest of bali and particularly around the Kuta area. Mostly there is a need for some innovation.
So the good things about Ramada Bintang Bali are its location, the rooms, the grounds and the pool. These are all what one would expect of such a property.
What's not so good?
Well the price this time was significantly higher than last time. Granted it was just before the end of Ramadan holiday season, but the resort was a long way from full and probably could not justify the price. If the prices stay this high we will stay elsewhere next time.
The food is only just above average.
One of the joys of resort living is the breakfast spread, and in Bali one expects to have lovely indonesian food for breakfast. This is not the case here. To be perfectly frank the breakfast here is among one of the least enjoyable in Bali or elsewhere in the region that I have stayed at. The selection at first appears to be wide, but in reality its very limited. If staying more than 3 days you'll probably do what we did and skip breakfast, even though its paid for, and head out downtown for some decent food. The setting is lovely, the service is not too bad unless its really really packed, but the actual food itself leaves a lot to be desired.
The resort also heavily promotes its theme dinners, of which there is one each night. To be fair they are reasonable value but not always at a time when one might want to eat dinner when on holidays. Again it does get dark early in Bali, but if you are there on a holiday you might just want to have a nice dinner at 9.30pm instead of 7pm.
The Wharf is pretty good for a beachside relaxing place with a casual menu, cold beer and live music after dark. But again the food is only fair. The indonesian side of the menu is pretty bland and we were very disappointed with the food on the whole. The beer was cold and the music was pretty good.
Strongly recommend that if you stay here you come and enjoy the band, the three girls and the one guy who sing are good, on some songs they are excellent. To get the real experience though ask them to belt out some good indonesian rock and roll, you'll enjoy it I promise.
I still standby my last assessment of this resort but it just feels like it needs some innovation, its all a bit same same and not different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, a beach front property in the heart of South Kuta, sets in more than six hectares of tropical gardens. The resort is conveniently located just ten minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and within a walking distance to the biggest shopping centre, the Discovery Shopping Mall and Lippo Mall Kuta. 402 Rooms and suites overlook the gardens featuring contemporary Balinese furnishing plus a full range of modern amenities. Hotel facilities include a free form swimming pool with cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi, swim-up bar, health club and sauna, beach restaurant and spa. All rooms come with balcony, tea and coffee making facilities, safe deposit box, and free wi-fi internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Bintang Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Bintang Bali Hotel Kuta
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort And Spa
- Ramada Kuta
- Kuta Ramada
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort Kuta