Stayed here in a deluxe room for 4 nights in mid January with my husband and our friends and their 2 girls (7 & 10) in a deluxe suite room too.
Barely was even aware that the airport was more or less next door - never woken up or disturbed by any excess noise. The resort was full of Australians (75% according to staff) and heavy with families with children. Surprised to find that the resort is fairly quiet and isolated - no shops or restaurants just around the corner (10 minute walk or so away and up a side street away from the beach) and no hawkers on the footpath patrolling for people who leave the resort. Taxis and bigger vans readily available at the resort's 'Taxi Service' at the lobby. About 30,000Rp to get to Centro Discovery Plaza shopping centre across the road from Waterbom Park.
Our friends 2 girls loved the kids club and willingly spent hours in there. They had a hotel arranged babysitter one night and loved her. All the staff were friendly and smiling every day by the way. Pool busy with kids and mums and dads get the sun loungers bright and early to supervise them. Pool only about 1.2 metres deep so very friendly for littler people. By the late afternoon it quietens a lot and the poor bar goes in to Happy Hour from 4 - 5pm for 2 for 1 cocktails.
Didn't try the restaurants, our friends did and were pleased with cleanliness, serving size, service and quality of food. Breakfast buffet was what you expect from the Bali hotels, albeit a little less in variety than say the Padma but I emphasise only a little less. If you want Vegemite then BYO or be prepared to brave the communal jar which is available on request. Two coffee critics in our group were particularly impressed with the coffee at breakfast, even though it lacked the wicked caffeine kick it apparently tasted very nice.
Used the spa for duo manicure and pedicure - high quality result (impressive) and was 325,000Rp for 90 minutes. Srinik and Ketut (both lady therapists) give fantastic massages (strong and highly accurate) for 60 minutes at 255,000Rp. Great value for such a high quality, therapeutic service.
It's a very big place and if you've got some difficulties getting around, you may find it too much. Yes you can get a buggy (golf vehicle type) to pick you up and the like but obviously it won't be outside your door the moment you want to leave. Deluxe room had all the essentials. It was clean, nice and dark window coverings so you can sleep in for hours. Shower water leaks heavily on the floor no matter what you do with the shower curtain so be careful if you're worried about slipping or opt to have a bath, which is deep and generous in size. No DVD player in the deluxe room or deluxe suite either it seems. The bed has over sized, heavy, sharp corners at the feet end and we both smashed our shins on them until we wrapped the bed runner across the end of the bed on the second day - you have been warned! The gym was closed for renovations so no idea what it was like.
It cost less than $700 AUD per adult for 5 days, 4 nights with daily breakfast (including airfares) and the resort is a 4 star in standard (not a high 4 but definitely not a 3). It was a nice place to stay for a short break that had all the essentials. I probably prefer to be closer to shops and restaurants and didn't need all the family provisions. If you want the luxury touches then you would be a bit let down. If you like to be within a short driving distance from all the Kuta amenities, that's not going to burn a hole in your wallets, that's moments from the airport without really knowing it, has all the essentials and is a kid friendly space, you may find the Patra is the place you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas is a five star hotel set among 11 hectares of combination panoramic ocean and lush garden views, reflecting a true element of style in the culturally rich environment of Bali. The location is ideal, a huge landscaped property on South Kuta Beach, directly on the Indian Ocean and only five minutes from the airport. A huge (free) kids club with variety of kid's activities and great facilities for families made Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas one of Bali's most popular family resorts and the tropical gardens are particularly favored for weddings. The huge variety of breakfast selection (International food, Japanese food, Indonesian food and Indian Food) will indulge you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Patra Bali Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Hotel Kuta
- The Patra Bali Resort And Villas
- Patra Bali Resort
- Patra Bali Hotel
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Kuta