We stayed at the Patra end of Oct beginning of Nov and absolutely loved it. Mostly the grounds were immaculate and vast; my husband has a back injury and is unable to walk far so we always had use the buggies to get around the hotel which the staff were really great about, they even let my 3 and 4 yr old sit on thier laps and help steer!
The buffet breakfast was amazing with a huge choice of cereals, fruit, cooked breakfasts and continental choices available. Breakfast went from 6.30am - 10.30am and we found if you went after 9.45am the service was poor with plenty of dirty tables and no-one available to serve tea/coffee.
We stayed in a deluxe suite - on arrival they showed us to a deluxe room but when we explained that this was not what we had payed for we were immediately moved with the smallest amount of fuss possilble. The 2 bedrooms (had a sliding door to separate them) were massive and clean, though after the first night of the kids constantly rolling over and kicking/hitting each other in thier sleep (their bed was a thin saggy pull out sofa bed) we requested another single bed, but the next day 2 single beds appeared and they fitted easily into the room along with the sofa.
Our bed was king size and contributed to, along with the most fantastically comfortable pillows, very comfortable sleeps. There was a TV in each room so kids and adults were happy.
The bathroom was immaculate and the toilet sprayer of great entertainment to the 3yr old! as were the 3 phones in the suite!
The fridge in the room is small if you are trying to cater for constantly hungry /thirsty children - we invested in an esky!
The staff were always happy and extremely helpful especially the concierge staff.
We used the kids club 3 times during our stay and though the hotel boasts it is the largest in Bali, We were not really impressed, it was average. We took our kids once to swim in the small kids club pool and they had a ball, though parts of the pool edges were very slippery with slime so extreme care had to be taken. The grounds in the kids club certainly did need some work and the trampoline springs were rusty. On the second occasion we left the children with the kids club babysitter (3yr olds and under have to have thier own babysitter, $25000rp an hour) and the children certainly didn't seem to have had the greatest time when we picked them up - it was luck of the draw as the other kids were older and wouldn't play with ours. On the third occasion our nanny took them and they had a great time because she gave them individual attention. I would recommend the kids club if your kids are 8yrs and over - this was our first trip away as a family and us adults were looking forward to making use of the kids club, so it was a bit of a dissapointment.
Hotel prices were very expensive (43000rp for a bintang) so be warned!
The main pool certainly could have been cleaned better - we didn't notice any green slime but there were alot of leaves and flowers floating in it.
When we wanted to go out we asked at the concierge desk to call for a Blue Bird taxi as they were always cheaper than the metered taxis that the taxi stand would call for. The taxi stand won't call for Blue Bird taxis.
Overall our stay was fabulous but the hotel prices certainly put a dent in our budget, travelling with toddlers did not make us as mobile as we thought we'd be, many times they were just too tired to go out to get dinner, so we felt like a captive audience to the hotel restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas is a five star hotel set among 11 hectares of combination panoramic ocean and lush garden views, reflecting a true element of style in the culturally rich environment of Bali. The location is ideal, a huge landscaped property on South Kuta Beach, directly on the Indian Ocean and only five minutes from the airport. A huge (free) kids club with variety of kid's activities and great facilities for families made Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas one of Bali's most popular family resorts and the tropical gardens are particularly favored for weddings. The huge variety of breakfast selection (International food, Japanese food, Indonesian food and Indian Food) will indulge you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Patra Bali Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Patra Bali Resort And Villas
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Hotel Kuta
- Patra Bali Resort
- Patra Bali Hotel
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Kuta