I stayed at the Patra for 10 nights with my 8 year old. We arrived just before midnight and politely greeted and checked in, given little information. We were then taken to our room by buggy. Room was a deluxe room, clean but nothing special. It also had a very strong smell of smoke. When we woke in the morning and decided to head to breakfast, I realised we had no idea where we were - no map given and nothing explained the night before. (I thought this may have been an oversight until one morning another confused looking couple asked us where to go for breakfast. ) We were in a room which was the furthest from lobby and pool - a 5-7 minute, brisk walk. On the positive side, staff were very friendly, informative and obliging. The staff in the pool area were especially friendly and chatty - which we didn't mind, but be aware that they all have a brother / wife / friend who they can recommend for tour or selling you something!! The pool was very clean and well kept. I think around 5ft deep at the deepest part. There were a few noodles and kick boards around for kids to use. Most days the pool was very quiet. This hotel is very close to the airport and when outside you see (and hear) the large planes taking off. We didn't notice too much at night. It was a short drive to Kuta for shopping - cost around 30,000rp (A$3.00) from hotel. On return we always caught a metered taxi which cost around 12,000rp (A$1.20). You could walk along beach to shops and restaurants also - however we didn't want to be hassled by beach sellers.
The restaurants at the resort were virtually empty every night. The food was not bad.
In all, the place was very quiet all day except for the breakfast buffet. Not as many families as I hoped. This was our first trip to Bali and we enjoyed our stay at the Patra away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas is a five star hotel set among 11 hectares of combination panoramic ocean and lush garden views, reflecting a true element of style in the culturally rich environment of Bali. The location is ideal, a huge landscaped property on South Kuta Beach, directly on the Indian Ocean and only five minutes from the airport. A huge (free) kids club with variety of kid's activities and great facilities for families made Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas one of Bali's most popular family resorts and the tropical gardens are particularly favored for weddings. The huge variety of breakfast selection (International food, Japanese food, Indonesian food and Indian Food) will indulge you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Patra Bali Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Hotel Kuta
- The Patra Bali Resort And Villas
- Patra Bali Resort
- Patra Bali Hotel
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Kuta