“Glad to be back”

Ranked #42 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Sydney, Australia
“Glad to be back”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were so happy to return to the Patra for the second time this year. We really love what this resort has to offer, we have been to Bali three times this year and were so glad that we discovered the Patra. Its a great resort for the family, with the most amazing pool which our kids 13&10 loved and we enjoyed cocktails at the swim up bar, and watching the sunset at the Beach bar. The resort is in a great location, far enough away from the hussle and bussle of Kuta, yet only a 5 minute taxi ride if you need to go there. There are many restuarnts within walking distance. The new restaurant located within the Patra, which is not owned by the Patra called the Magestro was dissapointing, service was so slow, we were a party of 8 and the only ones in there, yet the meals took over an hour and most of the orders were all mixed up. The deluxe suite is a great choice and is such a big room, the staff are always so helpful and friendly, a very special thank you to Didit, who helped to make our stay a very enjoyable one. I highly recommend the Patra if you are looking for a great resort to stay when in Bali. Cant wait to retun next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle E
Ika_manuaba, Guest Relations Manager at The Patra Bali Resort & Villas, responded to this review, November 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us recently.
I appreciate your view and have passed your valuable comments to all the staff and we are more than happy to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.
We all wish that we will have the pleasure to have you again with us at your next holiday.
Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The villa concept is nice.you will feel that you are in a big garden with beautiful scenery.I really enjoyed my stay here..it is an excellentt place to stay if you come here with kids and if you want a quite time. swimming pool is beautiful and if you want to have more privacy then you can opt for private villa with private swimming pool.
For the food i would say that my family really enjoyed it..
fully recommended if you are looking for quite moment.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank rosebudmilo
Ika_manuaba, Public Relations Manager at The Patra Bali Resort & Villas, responded to this review, November 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us recently.
We appreciate your view and have passed your valuable comments to all the staff and we are more than happy to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We are frequent travellers to Bali and this year I decided to base us at The Patra (on previous holidays we have walked past the hotel and I have always commented to my husband about the grounds and the pool - and how good it looks). I was a little sceptical about the location (near the airport - ironically my husband is a airline pilot and I was worried about the noise) but it has not been a concern to us. I booked a studio suite for my husband and I and put our children (14 and 11 boy/girl) in a standard room, this was located away from us, adds bonus for us, LOL. Our room 202 is located right near the beach front and is stand alone with one of the 3 pools straight in front of our villas private entrance way. There is a beach roight out the front of the resort. The resort is huge, well looked after and although a older resort is in excellent condition. Our room although it has seen better days is very clean and in good working order, I can't complain. One has to expect some issues with mould/damp smell because of the humidity and constant use of the air conditioners to me this is standard in any Bali hotel due to the weather and the constant use of air conditioners. Breakfast adequate, great variety. We eat at Maestro a restaurant/beach bar that is not owned by the hotel but is is situated within the resort, it only opened in August 2013, and it is cheap and good quality food is available. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a map of hotel to locate where you would like to be situated and what type of room you require.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I love to stay in this resort. The place is awesome, breakfast is delicious. Although it is near airport, but we can ask them to pick us.
Scenery is good. Love the garden. The hotel is in the edge of the beach, and u can walk to kuta for maybe 2km.

• Stayed September 2013

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week in a Deluxe Suite. This consisted of two separate rooms, one had a sitting area and a dining area and a flat screen TV on the wall. The other was a nice size bedroom with a king size bed and another flat screen TV on the wall there too. A nice bathroom is off the bedroom. This was all pleasant enough - decorated in the old bali style but it looked run down and needed a bit of a freshen up. It was also miles from anything - it was quite a walk from our room to breakfast or the pool so unless you get a room near the dining room be prepared to get some exercise.

Yes, the Patra Jasa is an enormous resort and is past her glory days but it was still a pleasant enough experience. I liked that I could watch the planes coming in and taking off from my pool lounge and there is a nice sunset bar but it is not cheap.

It's about a half hour walk along the beach to Kuta or they have a courtesy bus that will take you 4 times a day I think.

The breakfast is great - everything you can think of! We did have one rather weird experience on our second last day. We returned to our room in the afternoon to find that the key card thing you put in to make the power go on had been taken out just enough for the power to go off, so the air conditioning had gone off and the room was hot.

Strangely when I put the card in to make the power go on I saw someone had turned on various lights in the room. And they had turned up the temperature on the air con to 22 degrees. Considering that this place is not cheap to stay at I thought this was really cheeky! And strange.

The spa was pretty good, had a massage one day that was very pleasant. Was able to bargain with them regarding the price too. All in all this resort is nice enough but to me it was all a little snooty and pretentious - it sort of lacked a warm and friendly feel. I doubt I would ever stay here again - there are other options along the beach that are more happening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ausrose
Batam, Indonesia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Form the moment we left the reception we were missing the great Bali hospitality. Hardly a smile and the room offered was far at the back facing a high wall and another property. It was low season so there should have been much more other options. We don’t understand hotels & restaurants that don’t provide you with the best option available in order to get repeat business. In this case for sure NOT. Everything looks quite tired including some of the staff and actually the breakfast as well. Their advantage was a location near the Airport & Kuta without the noise and the big pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have spent 3 days in this resort and have well enjoyed them.
The resort is incredibly close to the airport. If you had a long trip and most likely had to go through long queues to pass the slow immigration formalities, your destination will just be 5 minutes away after you pick your luggage.
This is the positive thing, but also the negative. The noise from the airport is clearly audible and you will realise that Denpasar is a busy airport.
Besides this, all went well. The room was large and well equipped. the bed was comfortable and the bathroom quite spacious.
The breakfast is ok, with plenty of preference for Asian and local dishes (not my choice) rather than Western.
The staff were kind and always smiling, like almost everybody in Bali.
Nice swimming pool, but a little too much music at certain hours of the day (not all day, to be honest) for my taste. Different music was played from both sides of the pool. I would have preferred to hear the noise of the wind on the trees. Now, most people have their devices and can play their own music, right?
Had one dinner in the restaurant near the pool. The offer was buffet and was quite cheap, but not too much variety of food (Indonesian, at least that night).
Not much to do if you don't have your past time or you engage in tours. I had to work anyway and enjoyed the relatively quiet environment. In my case the lack of distractions turned out to be an advantage.
In conclusion quite nice stay. Recommendable for the good quality/price ratio.

Room Tip: Try to get a villa which are at the opposite side of the airport with respect of the resorts layout...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Patra Jasa B, Public Relations Manager at The Patra Bali Resort & Villas, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer,