“Only a short stay”

The Patra Bali Resort & Villas
Ranked #45 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I've only had limited time at the Patra Bali, as it's typically an overnight stay while traveling for business. However, each time I've stayed in the Deluxe Suite and have thought of returning for a few days with the family. The grounds are immaculate, the food is very good (I haven't tried the Japanese restaurant though). The location is very convenient to the airport ~ 5min.

The staff is very pleasant and greets you with a nice cool juice at reception.

I'll have to do another, more accurate review when I return in 2 months, but wanted to finally "join" the TA family by posting up some overdue reviews.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the deluxe suite; a substantial bedroom & bathroom with a similar sized living area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FLCig

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel is sitting on a 10 hectare ground with beautiful gardens and comfortably spaced units. It's great to have much open space.
Lots of travel groups from china- makes it feel less serene.

Room is a good size but is looking tired and out-dated. There is only shower in
A tub with mouldy edges which we didn't dare to take a bath. the tv is a tiny screen with no other extras like iPod player or DVD. Mattress is hard and has only 2 thin pillows (we had to request for
2more)
Nice touch - 2 bottles of water everyday

Staffs are a hit and miss . Most of them were sweet and friendly.
In the breakfast coffee shop, staff there lacks initiative. They see us coming, they don't bother to set your table till I request for cutlery. I have to asked for my sugar n milk everyday and even they served and upon seeing my empty plate, they ignored as well.
Either don't care or no service spirit

It's a beautiful place and I wish they will refurbish the place before reviews get worse.

We used a driver through the hotel. He is great and speaks good English. Can
Call him direct.
Ketut - +62 81 337 107 944
Local call just dial a 0 before 81

1  Thank Mspoppy
Reviewed July 9, 2012

i loved it here, all the staff where friendly and accomadating, was clean comfortable and a great feel to the entire hotel. Was a nice distance to walk along the beach to discovery mall, breakfast was lovely with a wide range to choose from, I would stay at this hotel any time, loved every thing about it

Room Tip: Is very near the airport, so nit right in Kuta which i actually prefer, depending on how close you w...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Macquita C
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed in basic room. Was clean and fairly decent. Beds very uncomfortable and no DVD player.

Room situated a 5 min approx walk from reception/pool/restaurant which was annoying if you needed to pop back to your room for anything.

The breakfast was of a very poor quality. Poor choice and seemed overlooked. Omlettes at Egg Corner are your best bet as freshly cooked.

The tab system at the pool bar seemed inefficient to us. When we paid cash to the bar staff the items were still accrued to our tab so we ended up with a massive bill at checkout with no way of going back to ascertain what was already paid.

This ruined our estimations of the hotel as a whole. Not saying it was dishonesty but certainly inefficiency and we felt very ripped off and upset about it.

Staff at reception were not helpful in resolving the issue at all.

3  Thank Outbackladyfriend
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We travel with 2 young kids (5, 8) and love the friendly warmth of Bali.

We have been back many times and our kids love the laid back life style as much as we do.

Our expectations are not unreasonably high. We know we are coming to a relaxed place to holiday.

In context then, The Patra has changed since we last visited in May 2011.

The breakfast now seems dry and less than fresh. For example, the roasted tomatoes are wilted looking and not appealing to look at.

The coffee is now self service from a machine.

Although there are a lot of guests, there is a small selection.

The room service can take upwards of 45 mins -1 hr to get to the room as the hotel is set on a sprawling estate.

As a whole, The Patra is hard to dislike, set in such beautiful grounds on the beach, but we have still been disappointed and will not stay again

4  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I recently stayed at the Patra and I found the experience terrific. Staff are very friendly and helpful. My room (I booked the delux suite) was beautifully clean and spacious. The gardens and grounds around the resort were immaculate. It was my birthday while there, and the management surprised me with a birthday cake when I got back to my room....very nice touch!
The only downside was it was quite expensive to eat and drink there - although the meals were beautiful. I would go again, but with friends as I was travelling solo. I can recommend this resort, and if I return would stay here again.
Di

Room Tip: Delux suite - very spacious
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Patra was a very good choice of places to to stay in Bali for a family. We stayed here for 10 days. This resort has fantastic facilities. Great pool with swim up bar, but happy hour only covers cocktails and not beer. Would be better if happy hour covered beer as well. Staff were great around the resort especially the the pool area. Kids are well catered for. Especially the pool where the staff have set games for the kids. My kids loved it (aged 9 and 11). We tried a couple of restaurants in the resort was good but a little expensive. There are restuarants in close walking distance out front along path near beach which were great and good value for money kids too. Breakfast was good and had good variety. Could have better coffee in the mornings instead of just the boring perculated coffee. Would be good to get lattes or cappas as part of the breakfast. You can also walk from resort to town in 15 minutes to shopping centre. I recommend that you pay for your own transfers to the patra from the airport as it is so close from the airport by taxi. Would probably cost max $5 AUD each way. Medical centre was great as well. As my wife had a fall and needed stitches. The resort medical service was great and a doctor an nurse came to our room to stitch her up. After this she just went to the medical room each day to clean up. Cost us approx $300 but claimed on insurance no worries with report doctor provided.all in all I recommend this resort for staying in bali. We would stay here again. Great resort and pool area. Rooms were great and spacious.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family