After returning from the Patra this morning...17/05/2012, i was is two minds of returning next year!!
The Patra have dropped their standard in the way of not trusting their guests!! On arrival 11 days ago the check in went well until they advised us that our Debit Visa/mastercard was no good. What they do now is, take your Credit Card and freeze it to them just in case you do a runna if you buy something within the resort a bill it back to your room. i have many things that are taking out of my account as direct debit, so i just could't see what the problem was.
There motto was, cash only on the things you buy. One day i ordered up $20.00 worth of drinks at the pool side bar, i said to the bar person l'll go back to my room and get the money to pay and they said that they would have one of their bar staff follow me back to get the cash...HOW RUDE, after spending nearly $4.000 i thought i was being treated like a second class citizen and they call this a 5 star resort...I think not!!! Yesterday, the head poolside bar person..(female), ask my wife if we were staying for lunch and she said no and when i saw her as we were leaving the resort i said to her see you after as she knew we were going else where for lunch and she returned her comment as i quote...don't come back, again, HOW RUDE!!!
Drinks and food...my STRONG ADVISE is go and buy them outside the resort, much better value. For one stubbie of Bintang beer at the resort is around $5.50 to $6.00. if you go to a local Kmart store or other shops you can pick them up for around $1.30 to $1.70..big saving!! There's a market called Carrafour, i picked a box of 24 stubbies of Bintang for $31.00 aussie dollars, so i guess you get the picture. To eat out, you can get a 3 course meal with drinks for two for around $40.00, where at the resort you can pay anything up to $100.00 and the thing that gets me, i was talking to one of the managers one night and even agreed that they should lower there prices, but as this resort is owed by the Indonesian Government i think not!!!
My final mention for the Patra Villa Resort is, pick up your game, drop your prices of your food and drinks and "train" some of your staff to be more considerate to us as paying customers, if it wasn't for us these holiday resorts would go broke. In other areas of the resort are still fine, other staff are very well mannered, breakfast is still very good, security is %100 and even the gardeners are well mannered. Hopefully others may say the same thing and you may do something about this, but time will tell!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas is a five star hotel set among 11 hectares of combination panoramic ocean and lush garden views, reflecting a true element of style in the culturally rich environment of Bali. The location is ideal, a huge landscaped property on South Kuta Beach, directly on the Indian Ocean and only five minutes from the airport. A huge (free) kids club with variety of kid's activities and great facilities for families made Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas one of Bali's most popular family resorts and the tropical gardens are particularly favored for weddings. The huge variety of breakfast selection (International food, Japanese food, Indonesian food and Indian Food) will indulge you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Patra Bali Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Patra Bali Resort And Villas
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Hotel Kuta
- Patra Bali Resort
- Patra Bali Hotel
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Kuta