I was very concerned about staying at the Patra after reading some of the comments on Trip Advisor. They were so varied. What were we in for, have we made a mistake?
Well, we spent 9 nights in April 2012 with our 2 children (6 and 8) and had a fantastic time. As we knew that the hotel grounds were huge, we emailed ahead to request a room close to the pool and upstairs and we certainly weren’t disappointed. Our Deluxe Suite (which suits our family lifestyle) was amazing with two balconies, no common walls, king bed, beds for the children, lounge, marble bathroom, separate bath/shower and plenty of storage and 2 TV’s!! The children's TV was even bigger than ours!!! (Ok they weren’t modern TV’s but they still do the same job). There was plenty of hot water and the rooms were always serviced immaculately by the staff.
The pool area is huge and very inviting, the grounds are beautifully manicured and the staff could not do enough for you, they were so friendly. To some it may be a little far out of Kuta for restaurants and shopping but it only takes about 15 minutes to walk on the beach to the centre of Kuta (which by the way is a lovely stroll) and if you don’t want to walk ....well $2.00 AUS isn’t much to take a metered taxi or there is a free shuttle bus at different times during the day from the hotel. For us it wasn’t a problem and we enjoyed not being in the hustle and bustle of Kuta especially whith children. Being close to the airport doesn’t cause any grief either - the children loved seeing the planes land.
Breakfast at the hotel was great, heaps and heaps to choose from. If you didn’t want to eat at the hotel, there were 3-4 restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance that were very reasonably priced, actually all of them were cheaper than most of the restaurants on the main street of Kuta.
We couldn’t fault our experience at the Patra one bit and we would definitely stay there again. Congratulations on a fabulous resort which is well priced to suit down to earth families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas is a five star hotel set among 11 hectares of combination panoramic ocean and lush garden views, reflecting a true element of style in the culturally rich environment of Bali. The location is ideal, a huge landscaped property on South Kuta Beach, directly on the Indian Ocean and only five minutes from the airport. A huge (free) kids club with variety of kid's activities and great facilities for families made Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas one of Bali's most popular family resorts and the tropical gardens are particularly favored for weddings. The huge variety of breakfast selection (International food, Japanese food, Indonesian food and Indian Food) will indulge you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your The Patra Bali Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Patra Bali Resort And Villas
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Hotel Kuta
- Patra Bali Resort
- Patra Bali Hotel
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Kuta