“Welcoming and Friendly.”

Ranked #24 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Melbourne
“Welcoming and Friendly.”
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I travelled with my daughter, our first time in Bali, in February and found our stay at the Ramayana Resort and Spa tranquil and pleasurable. The staff were always full of smiles and willing to help if needed. We stayed in a superior room and it was very clean and spacious. Beds made , bathroom cleaned, fresh towels and bottled water supplied daily. Welcome drink at the Gabah Bar and Restaurant, where a full buffet breakfast was also provided with an endless variety of food. Again very friendly staff always greeting and smiling. The grounds were very clean and well maintained and so was the pool. I would strongly recommend the Ramayana Resort and Spa for your next stay in Bali and the Gabah Bar and Restaurant! You won't be dissappointed!

• Stayed February 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Loved this place it is amazing!! and am definatly going back for our honeymoon! the service was spot on and the people.. just lovely! p.s brekkie was delicious!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
India
Reviewed January 22, 2010

The atmosphere inside the hotel is great. Indian reception and cottage type accomodation. Good complementary breakfast to suit different nationals from around the globe. Reasonable tariff.

• Liked — Reasonable tariff
  • Disliked — Right on the road
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
australia
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We had a Pool Cottage Balcony room, which we expected to be small, but it was kitted out quite nicely with a large flat screen, dvd player and an extremely comfortable bed.
We had an added option of our room booking of breakfast being delivered to your room, so on day 2 we hung our order out on the door for delivery on day 3..... day 3 came, no breakfast, left the order there again for day 4.....day 4 came, no breakfast again. Informed reception to come and pick up our order...they did finally and guess what on day 5.........NO BREAKFAST. Spoke to management and the next day we got a very ordinary tasting breakfast, but it could feed 5 people. They did apologise and gave us a "gift" of a sarong and a t-shirt each, but this hotel is supposed to be a 4 star, i would stretch to rate it as 3. Nice enough room but the food (e.g breakfast) well well below par..
On Bali in general.....i would say go to Thailand....MUCH cheaper shopping, and my top tip for Bali, bring your OWN calculator when changing money in the streets.....everybody in Bali is willing and ready to rip you off. Thailand is a much better holiday, spend the extra money and the shopping is heaps better.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
kuala lumpur
Reviewed December 15, 2009

My family and I spent 2 nights in Ramayana in the executive deluxe rooms, and i had to say it was very disappointing. After booking online, I sent emails to confirm my reservation to Ramayana, it took me 3 emails to get a reply. When I checked in, it took them around 20 minutes to process my rooms, and even though i specifically requested for 2 adjoining rooms in the emails i sent them, i was given 2 rooms that are very far away from each other, and when I requested if there is any nearer rooms, the response i got was definitely not a helpful and concerned one.

The rooms are too shabby looking for a executive deluxe, I was so dissapointed! My father fell sick on the second day, and we called the reception to ask for a doctor late at night, they told us they will call the doctor first thing in the morning at 8am. We waited till 9am in our rooms, and when we called the lobby again, they told us they will call right away. The rooms condition i can bear with it, but the lousy service attitude I can't bear with it at all. I would never never ever come back to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank tankualalumpur
brisbane
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Myself my son who is 12 and my Cousin stayed here 3 nights 3-6 of Dec in the Deluxe room as this was able to fit an extra single bed. We just had to jiggle the furniture round a tad to make it work..but all good.
Fantastic location,peaceful yet so close to the hustle and bustle. I didn't realise we were so close to Kuta Square, literally 20meters. Would stay here again, highly recommend.
Stadium Bar is down stairs attached to this resort but it isn't noisy, didn't even know it was there. They show all the sport, lotsa Aussies in there, definitely not tacky. We had dinner here one night. Faces out to the night markets. 2 Mini Marts (7-11) right outside.
The brekkie was great, heaps to choose from and realistically you can only eat so much...staff were so friendly,they have security guards there with wands checking bags.
2 pools, we only used the one and nice and quiet..no hogs on the lounges either.. 10/10

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BrisbaneShearer
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2009

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and we found this hotel great! Very clean, beautiful grounds, great location (very central in Kuta), great service. This hotel you definitely get your value for money. I can not really fault this hotel.

The only thing I could possibly recommend from past experience is to pay a little extra and stay in the deluxe rooms as they face the gardens and not the street in front of the hotel (as this can be a little noisy).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends