“Great location, great price and very good value”

Ramayana Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This resort is all round good value. It's in a prime location and there is plenty to do with in and around the hotel.
The staff are friendly, rooms are decent size and clean.
The pool area is great.
The only thing I can fault is that the drinks are abit $$$ and the happy hour is buy 2 get 1 free and are about 85,000 before tax.
We have stayed at a few other hotels that cost a bit more but we would stay here again over the other hotels simple due to the location and the price.

We stayed in two rooms and they were both great.

Good work to the staff there they are doing an excellent
Job

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Australianpair
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Australianpair

Thank you for your very good review on Trip Advisor about your stay at Ramayana Resort & Spa during your Bali holiday.

The hotel is equipped with facilities which would make your stay more enjoyable...
Besides, the hotel is also located in the prime location in the city which enabled you to explore the surrounding area with ease.

For our guests' dining pleasure there are always food and drinks promotions from time to time for our guests....some with traditional entertainment and music.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ramayana Resort & Spa in the future...

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Ramayana our 2nd home now for over 20 plus visits, what a pleasure the last 20 yrs plus has been, arriving at our hotel to be greeted by the most amazing staff I have encountered anywhere in my travels around the world.To have the general manager track you down to welcome you to his hotel as a repeat guest it really makes a difference, to see the hotel grow from a very small hotel in to a major resort, as only happened because of the staff and guests that have been made welcome. BUT things have changed, the staff are trying there best to make you feel happy, but myself and the other long time guests feel something is not right, the new general manager has not attempted to welcome any of us, only time we see him,he is sitting in the restaurant eating or standing watching what the staff are doing. We feel the Balinese culture is slowly fading and the look on people's faces shows that. I love this hotel and love talking to the staff on how there families are and how there children are growing it makes you feel a part off the lives, some off the staff we have known for over 20 yrs. I hope the owners can see there way clear to bring back the personal approach this hotel has had for a long long time, we as have other long time guests started looking for another hotel to spend our hard earned dollars at and start to enjoy our vacation again.
I regret having to write a report as this, but after 20 plus years I think it is necessary.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Ray A,

Thank you for your comments on our Resort during your stay with.us.
Yes, our staff go out the way to meet and greet our guest. The
Personal bonding between guests and our staff goes a long way
in ensuring our guest have a wonderful vacation with us.
I have just come aboard as the Resident Manager, and I find the
guests who have stayed here on a number of occasions is some
thing which we rarely come across in other properties.

I have managed to engage our repeaters frequently, and
certainly have a good relationship with them. In the course of my
work, I may have missed some repeaters in engaging them and
meant no offence.

During Breakfast, I am around to ensure the morning service flows
smoothly and staff carry out their tasks efficiently. I walk around the
tables to say “Hello” and greet them. I do apologise If I have missed
to extend my personal greetings. It is also my responsibility to check
the quality of the food that we serve to our guest at Breakfast.

We always strive to improve our services. Despite the fast-paced
development of the hotel industry in Bali, and the high turnover
of staff, we at the Ramayana train our staff to ensure our close
relationship with our guest remain the priority in welcoming them
back to the Ramayana.

I hope to personally greet you on your next visit to the Ramayana,
and do remember “its your second home”.
Best regards,

Bani V.S.Pillay
RM

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I would highly recommend this resort. It was vey clean, which was a personal worry of mine before arriving. The rooms were luxurious (stayed in executive deluxe), and pool area very nice.
I tried the three restaurants connected to the hotel but would only recommend the one where you eat breakfast (which is great). The pool bar was also good, they bring the drinks directly to your lounge. The connected spa was also great, a one hour massage flew by!
One criticism is that we were placed in a twin room for the first night and moved to a double (as we'd booked) on day two. Personally this didn't bother me too much, they moved our bags for us so was largely hassle free. However I know this would annoy a lot of people so figure its worth mentioning that room specifications may not be met.
Overall amazing stay!

Room Tip: Executive double and twin were great. The double had a view of the pool and the twin of the road, I...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Mr Carmichael_W

Thank you for your very good review on our hotel, where you enjoyed your stay and savored the different specialties offered by our restaurants.

Happy to know that you really liked the GABAH Restaurant for your daily breakfast and other meals, which from time to time it also features Lunch and Dinner specialties and BBQ nights.

During fully booked situations, sometimes certain category of rooms are not available upon guests arrival, but we will always relocate guests to their preferred room as soon as they are available. Please forgive us for the inconvenience.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Ramayana Resort & Spa during your future Bali holidays...

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights as a single and the room was very comfortable. The resort is a good standard, nothing too flash about it, but you re not paying a fortune for this place. Breakfast is god, plenty to choose from. Swim up bar if you like and service is good.

Room Tip: When booking ask for the pool side not the street side...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fi0na01
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Fi0na01

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and liked the facilities and the services we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramayana Resort & Spa on your future holidays in Bali ...

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have just returned from spending the last 8 nights in a Resort Club Room at the Ramayana Hotel & Spa and the experience was nothing as advertised on the hotels website. Many things are promised on the website as part of the Resort Club package, however none of these were delivered upon during our stay.

2 interconnecting rooms were requested, but never provided - despite being booked 3 months in advance - somehow this could not be accommodated, and both parties were placed 5 rooms apart for some reason? ?

Beware of the complimentary fruit basket provided - wrapped in plastic, but the fruit inside is rotten and mouldy. Looks like it had been in the room for the last month without being touched or replaced. There was something which possibly once resembled a strawberry on the top which had turned white and gone furry.

A hearty fry-up breakfast in your room or at a specially designated restaurant was never delivered upon as advertised, nor did any of the staff at the hotel seem too interested in advising where this 'specially designated restaurant' was.

Afternoon tea or coffee, freshly squeezed fruit juice incl. an assortment of snacks served at your room or at GT lounge. Upon arrival at the GT Lounge for afternoon tea and snacks, I was advised that this was NOT included as part of the Resort Club - despite being advertised as such on their website ?

The sheets and towels provided within the room were dirty and stained. Even when we placed the 'please change my sheets tag' on the bed, the same stained sheets appeared the following day.

The day before our departure we requested our 'included airport transfer' for 6.30am the next morning. This was confirmed again that evening by reception.
Upon checkout however, there was not any airport transfer waiting as requested.
The staff at the reception counter seemed confused that we wanted to checkout and a further 20 minutes later, our transfer finally arrived at 6:50am.

To top off the entire experience, just before we were to leave in the mini-van, reception attempted to charge us for a can of coke from the mini-bar, despite it being paid for and replaced by housekeeping 5 days earlier.

Overall we were very unhappy with our stay at the Ramayana Hotel, none of the features, quality or luxury suggested on the hotel's website was actually provided. Had we realized that none of the listed 'luxuries' of a Resort Club Room on the website would be provided, we would have saved our money and chosen a cheaper room at the hotel and most likely received the same experience. We have actually stayed in hotels in the Kuta / Tuban area that are listed as 2 star that have provided a better quality and service than this.

I sent the above feedback to the hotel and have not even been acknowledged with a response.

The hotel itself is in a great central location for everything in the Kuta / Tuban area, however I would save my money and stay at one of the cheaper hotels within the same area.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for Club Resort Rooms on the 9th Floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank hypnosonic
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Hypnosonic,

We thank you for your valuable comments. We will definitely review the comments you made in the review.

Interconnecting rooms are allocated when guests make the request in their reservations and this is provided as requested.

We check our fruit baskets before they are sent to the rooms, and we never use rotten or over ripe fruits in our complimentary fruit baskets.

Our breakfast is served daily at GABAH, where guests are informed and showed the location prior to being brought to the guestroom.

Our staff will definitely showed you the location if asked.

I would appreciate if you could provide us with more details the room you occupied to make an investigation on our staff. Afternoon Tea is based on the package you have paid for.

We sincerely apologise for our shortcomings and we will strive further to improve our services and products.

We look forward to next visit to the Ramayana, and like an opportunity to welcome you back personally.

Best regards

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have travelled to Bali many times but was my first stay at Ramayana . Firstly we booked a ground floor room, to be put in the high rise facing the street ,with a jack hammer down stairs working half the night .And a door we could not open. Next day we were moved to room 250 the room from hell all light fittings had holes in the shades. The bathroom was terrible . When people showered upstairs you could hear the water pipes .We got a early reminder call not requested . The cupboard door to the fridge fell off hitting me on the foot not once but twice. I fell at the pool and really hurt my knee . I am still being treated for . The concrete around the pool is to slippery,another worker fell the same day. We were also told there was free wi fi in the lobby, but no we had to pay . Also the staff were not very friendly. Except for the bar staff. Stay there again . I don't think so .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lyn T

Dear Lyn T,

We thank you for your valuable comments and will surely act on
to improve our services.
Unfortunately, during your stay with us, the Local Council was
undertaking road works during the night. Despite, our appeal
to reduce the noise level, which was beyond our control.

We will do the necessary repairs to the cabinet doors and are
currently changing our lamp shades to new ones.

I am sorry for the early reminder call and we have taken action
on the staff concerned.

Yes, we have checked the pool area, and it is regularly cleaned
and mopped daily to prevent puddles of water on the floor.

With regards to WIFI, at the moment it is still chargeable.
We are currently in the final stage of upgrading our WIFI services
which will be provided FREE to all our guests.

We apologise for our shortcomings.

We look forward to next visit to the Ramayana and would like the opportunity to personally welcome Your family and your goodself to our resort.

Best regards

Reviewed September 19, 2013

my wife and I stayed here from the 11-19th sept 2013 the hotel was great , the food was fantastic and a good price . the hotel is in a great location in kuta opposite the art market . the staff were very helpful and spoke good English .would recommend anybody to stay we had a great time

Room Tip: book the club rooms there were fantastic and worth the extra
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Jamie C

Thank you very much for your very positive review on Trip Advisor

We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed staying at Ramayana Resort & Spa and liked all the fine facilities we have to offer and also the services of our staff.

We really look forward to welcoming you back to Bali and the Ramayana in the future.