“Holiday with my daughter”

Ramayana Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a pool side room. Was worth the upgrade. Down side. People were in the pool till 1 in the morning. Then again at 4.am when the came home from clubbing. They weren't quite at all. I'm sure they had a lovely sleep in but my daughter and I were up from four in the morning. We did ring through to reception one time three times and asked them to send security. The next three times reception said..... You again.

Hey I'm into partying and havering a good time but I respect other people.

2  Thank Jen386
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

February 26,2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Ramayana Resort & Spa!

On behalf of the whole staff of Ramayana Resort & Spa, we would like to take a moment to thank you for your recent visit to Ramayana Resort & Spa.
We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction above. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Best regards,
Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,712)

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Food in Kuta is cheap, specially street carts and a few not so clean joints. Ramayana is nothing like that, prices are a bit higher than usual, but the cleanliness of the place and the food are way better (don't get me wrong, by high I mean a US$40 meal for two with appetizers, 4 local brand beers and main course). The service and friendliness of the english speaking staff is the best I've seen in a restaurant. A well explained menu with photos of most dishes and not so loud music, make it the place to go for a romantic dinner or a friend gathering, or alone if don't want to be bothered. Avoid karaoke night if you have sensible ears.
There's Indonesian, typical Balinese, Chinese and western food selections and everything we ordered was delicious and well presented. Food here has a little less spices and you can actually taste vegetables and/or meat flavors without loosing the oriental feel. You can't miss the coconut chicken and rice and the tempura like chicken spring rolls.
We came back the next day for more and would again if in Bali.

1  Thank TorodeChuki

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your dining with us.
I have taken great pleasure in sharing your fantastic remarks with all the Team.
The team at Ramayana Resort and Spa looks forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience with us!

Warmest wishes from thousand temples island,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We chose this resort for our last night in Bali for it's proximity to the airport. The room was not ready when we arrived at 2. We waited about 45 minutes. We were brought a welcome beverage which was good because we were all thirsty after driving an hour and a half to get there. We asked for a late check out. They charged us an extra 60 dollars, which was fine.The pool area is very nice with great cocktail service. The breakfast buffet was huge. I was disappointing in the room though. My son was sick when we checked in, so we needed to hang out in there for a while. It was a nonsmoking room that smelled like a bar, very small and not very comfortable. I would recommend upgrading to one of the nicer rooms if you are planning on spending much time in there. Kuta is a big noisy city for the younger crowd. One night was plenty for us.

1  Thank yogajesse

Dear Yogajesse,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Ramayana Resort & spa, as it is through verbal comments and Trip Advisor that we are able to improve our services, it is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours, I know your points made on the survey will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is our hope that we will be welcoming your return in the future

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days. The hotel is located in the very center of Kuta, which is a good and a bad thing. On the good side, it is a quick walk to the beach, however it is thru a tourist alley with people trying to push their wares. You can get to many different restaurants in the area. On the bad side, it is my very picturesque. Immediately as you leave the hotel's grounds, you are on the busy, smelly streets of Kuta. I did like the restaurants with the hotel (Stadium and Al Dente) because of their proximity and good Western food. I was there for Superbowl weekend and it was definitely the best place in Kuta to watch the game. The room was what you would expect for the price, not to say that is bad. I had a balcony which was very nice to sit and read on. There was a fountain below hug made it constantly sound like it was raining. The pool was alright. There was limited seating poolside during peak hours. The pool itself was deep, unlike most hotel pools. The bugs around the hotel I did not enjoy. In the pool you could see dead ones floating occasionally and there were little bugs in my bathroom crawling around. Overall, I would not go back. Instead, I would choose to spend more money for something more picturesque to take advantage of the natural beauty of Bali

1  Thank wills326

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and very valuable feedback.

It is my understanding that you have gone through a few unfortunate situations about bed bug in your bathroom, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Kindly note that our Housekeeper have doing special treatment for the guest room on that time and improving control measures regularly in each room for the convenience of all guests.
Please to inform you that the other guests have stayed on that room and no more issue about the bed bugs.
I am sorry to hear about the negative issues the guest had to experience during their stay. Rest assured that they are isolated cases, which do not reflect the usual high standards of the resort. We have since taken the necessary action in order to address them and avoid any re occurrence.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Ramayana Resort and Spa.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My relatives and I made a trip to Bali during this Chinese New Year. Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. Everything was fine except one unhappy incident during checking out. The hotel wanted to charge me for several items which i did not use or consume.After much arguement and wasted time, my group was allowed to check out. The hotel needs to improve on its system on recording the chargeable items so as not to trouble and waste the time of those during check out.

4  Thank skliew
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

February 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Ramayana Resort & Spa!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Ramayana Resort and Spa looks inviting and friendly from the exterior. The staff was busy doing things or welcoming visitors and guests streaming into the hotel. My family and I stayed there for 6 days. One of the staff guided us to our room. I wasn’t too big or too small and it was just right. There was a big bed filled with many large soft pillows. There was a big LCD television, to our great joy because at home we are too busy to have a luxury of a TV. The bathroom was quite small but the design of it was really modern. It had a spotless bathtub, a clean shower and a large mirror in front of the sink.
The spa was very cosy looking. The people were friendly. I did a manicure and my grandmother did a foot massage. The way they did the manicure was very interesting and the patterns or designs they did were fantastic! It looked easy but it wasn’t. My grandmother talked about her foot massage all day. “It was fabulous,” she said. They had a little chat with us while they did the manicure.
There are two big swimming pools: one by the restaurant in the hotel and another one in front of the spa. The one by the restaurant has a Jacuzzi that is warm and bubbly. There is a mini waterfall too. Both of them are surrounded with tall green trees and colourful fragrant flowers. They leave different coloured ‘noodles’ by the pool for the children to play with.
I would really recommend this resort and spa for couples although there are many families in this resort. My family and I definitely had a wonderful and marvellous time staying at the Ramayana Resort and Spa. With its incredible amazing facilities and service I would want to return to Bali and this would be the hotel of choice for me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mansheel
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

February 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Do thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us.

I am so pleased to know that you loved the all aspects of Ramayana Resort & Spa .
I will definitely share your great comments to all the staffs that will encourage them to keep continuing their good work and to always keep improving it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best personal regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2013

we stayed at ramyana for only one noght in kuta as other nites we wanted to stay at legian area for bar and clubs.
the hotel location is really good within walking distance to massage , shops, restaurants, cafes and icecream shops, well located and everything is very near,
the hotel itself is a bit old but the staffs are very friendly with smiles on their faces all the time,
the food is good but a bit overpriced considering other restaurants in vicinity,
the room is good with good mattress and good design with a balcony to chill,

1  Thank AlirezaSG
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

February 13, 2013

Greetings from Ramayana Resort and Spa,

We are happy to be chosen as your preferred holiday Resort recently.

It is pleasing to hear that you had a most enriching and distinctive experience while staying with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of Ramayana Resort and Spa on your next stay in the near future.

Kind Regards,