“Smells Like Vomit”

Ranked #39 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
Santiago, Chile
“Smells Like Vomit”
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Being in the hotel industry I always thought hard rock hotel's would be a pretty cool place to stay, however my impression has totally changed after staying at Hard Rock Hotel Bali. We only stayed one night as the rest of our stay was at a private villa, however after this one-time visit I will never stay in a hard rock hotel again. To my surprise, the overall service was very poor and unattentive throughout our entire stay from the moment we pulled up to taxi and departed in a taxi. I was quite surprised they never asked for a credit card or deposit upon check-in. I assume they just use the credit card you gave when making your reservation, so next time I'll just use someone elses card I guess since they dont even verify upon check-in (being sarcastic). We were taken to our room by the very ill mannered and poorly groomed bellman whom the only time said anything to us was while he was standing there waiting for his tip (clearly waiting for it!!). The overall hotel is ugly and in desperate need of a make-over. The room was very cold (in terms of design and feel) and even the balcony door was totaly blocked by a couch that was from wall to wall?? whats the point of a balcony???. We were given a room that was very close to the lobby, where a band played till very late and it sounded like we were in a rock concert so we asked for a new room. Surprisingly they actually changed our room and upgraded us to a "deluxe" room (without any apology or smile I might add), however when we got to the room, it was absolutely no different from the first "superior" room with the expeption of a wonderful VOMIT smell that wreaked the room and what felt like over 5 minute or more walk from the lobby. We used nearly an entire bottle of perfurm to rid the smell enough so that we could at least fall asleep (as it was already to late and too tired to change again). The following morning during breakfast, we had to seat ourselves and not a single person attended to our table. When I accidentially spilled my juice, it took 4 wait staff and about 10 times to ask someone to help clean it up. I ended up cleaning most of it myself by going to the waiter counter and getting napkins. So long story short....terrible terrible stay and even though I was given a discount because I hold a local resident card, even the discount was not worth the stay and I've stayed in much cheaper hotels with far superior rooms/facilities and service than Hard Rock Hotel Bali.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kris_goku

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Everything at the Hard Rock Hotel Bali was great, right up until I brought up a complaint to the Front Office Manager. He was rude and arrogant, asking me to 'stop and listen to me'! He ruined such an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nigelho
DOOHRHB, Director of Operations at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, November 3, 2009
Please allow me to introduce myself; my name is Leo Llambi, Director of Operations at Hard Rock Hotel Bali.

The reason for my message is that I have noticed your comments on Tripadvisor.com, and I am concerned about your perception of our Hotel. As such, I have personally replied directly to your email address, and I remain available to further discuss your concerns at your convenience.

Rockin’ regards,

Fax: +62 361 762 119
Email: leo@hardrockhotels.net
Perth
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I left with two chipped fillings in my teeth as a result of a stone in the rice I ate for breakfast. Staff did not seem to upset by this, except to call a doctor to confirm that I was telling the truth! They did not even reimburse me for the prepaid breakfast. Had to ask several times for bathroom supplies. Same band played for the two weeks, would have liked a change, especially as you can hear the band playing while in your room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ammarc
Bali
Reviewed October 14, 2009

i spent 2 nights (early oktober) in this hotel with few girlfriends..we had the Superior twin room.and i it was out of this world.

check in was very fast (5 minutes) and went to our room i think it was 5209

it's cold (which means the AC work very well) , 2 queen beds , nice tv with lots of channel - dont expect LCD it's an old TV .

rooms are very very clean, i agree that the towel is turning greyish but it smell and looks clean, water pressure was very good, hot water.

the pool was AMAZING with lots of families, and the noise of the BAND singing every night didnt bother us at all...i sleep like 10 PM (and i sleep like a baby) although the band was banging upstairs..didnt hear anything.
this hotel is funky..i have bjork photos above my bed and the rooms are alocated like rock theme, blues theme, Pop theme...very cute and nice

good for large families and friends (not for elderyly people..well i saw couple of elderly people still rockin at the hard rock cafe..no problem)

this hotel is very very large so make sure you know where you're going..i lost my room couple of times..LOL

food at breakfast was very good, FULL BUFFET style but make sure you come early cuz if you're up party all night and wanna have breakfast like 10 PM it will be FULL (you're not the only one who's having lare late party)

security measures was the Best..they check everyone in the car, ask questions and search the car..i feel very secure.

hard rock is a beach front hotel with lots lots lots of restaurant and enetertaniment around it. you will enjoy yourself..

will i stay there again?? Hmmm......YES I WILL...i got a good rate around USD 100/ night
Love it Love it..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Mumbai
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Our honeymoon at hard rock was lot of fun, we stayed here first and then stayed at ayana resort for a more romantic experience. Hard rock is definitely more fun than romantic, with live bands every night, swimming pool open until 11pm, etc. , Everyone at the hotel had a perfect smile on their faces and always ready to help. the staff were just fantastic. We went for our honeymoon, but i imagine families with kids would enjoy much more, lot of family activities.
Would definitely recommend for others looking for fun vacation. Ohh and the hotel is ideally located in the center of Kuta, which was fantastic. lot of shopping at walking distance and the beach is right in front of the hotel.

• Liked — great staff, very cool people, location, live band night
  • Disliked — the bathrooms...could be nicer looking
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Loved the setting filled w celebrity instruments,etc. Service is awesome too. A 5 Thumbs up !

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? Yes and No. It is hard to really label this hotel with clear comment of GOOD or BAD (if, its not to the worse). The location is great, close to the shopping center and just across the beach, not to mention good pool they have with sand island. Apart from all this, we found the room rather quite old .. furniture are worn out .. bedding are not as comfy as a good brand hotel should be.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family