“Got kids? Planning a Bali holiday? If so HRH Bali is for you.”

Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Ranked #21 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth WA
“Got kids? Planning a Bali holiday? If so HRH Bali is for you.”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Alright heres the skinny about our recent (June) 7 night stay at HRH Bali. Like our previous visit we stayed in a kids suite (coincidentally the same room as last time).

The condensed version: the kids club, huge pool , location, and service, are why we keep coming back - if theres a better combination covering off all these let me know. If you have kids and are thinking about Bali , then the HRH is your hotel . This comes with the usual caveat about staying in a quieter area of the hotel. We stayed in a kids suite and I think these rooms are positioned to get no centre stage noise. We have stayed in a deluxe suite and the centre stage noise was noticeable. Maybe not an issue with older kids , but keep in mind if you have young ones.

For those interested in details:

We arranged for a HRH personal pick up from the airport for convenience and this service might be more expensive than hiring a bluebird taxi, but to kick the holiday off in style it can't be beaten.

The excellent service continued once we got to the hotel proper - on arrival we were treated like rock royalty by George and his team.

The room was ready for us when we got to the hotel (1200hrs), so no hanging about. The staff got to know our routine and had the room cleaned well each day.

The bed is soooo comfortable.

Again, the kids club team (Ari Marni and co) were fantastic. Along with the pool and central Kuta location, the kids club is the reason we keep coming back. For our 6yr old it is like a second home and the staff do such a great job . We timed our stay well as the team set up and hosted a Saturday night show where the kids got dressed up, spent time rehearsing, and then performed on stage (set up on the pool sand bar with full light and sound) in front of guests, which was our daughters holiday highlight.

The concert coincided with a buffet meal that was top quality (the suckling pig was delicious).
the hotel was full, but the pool area never felt busy - beat that if you can.
A couple of room service mistakes, which were quickly and easily rectified.
Good coffee is easily available adjacent to the HRH.
If you arrive later at the breakfast buffet, expect a little wait to be seated.

Conclusion:
Its not a cheep hotel , but the HRH made us feel special which is special in a large hotel with lots of guests - and thats why we keep coming back. The hotel may not look like a 'Bali hotel' but the hospitality is definitely Bali

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the centre stage.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Rob F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed for 10 nights and we all had a fantastic time, especially our two young boys. From the moment we checked in, Ari at front desk made us feel so welcome. Every morning our boys had to pass by reception to say hello & "selamat pagi" which she taught us. Service was always fantastic from Ari who always went out of her way and have a chat to our boys, they throughly enjoyed their chats each day. We stayed in the deluxe premium room and spent time at the chill out pool that was right on our door step. The main pool which is hugh & cabanas were pretty awesome and there was lots to keep everyone busy especially the kids activities in the afternoon by the pool. The location is very close to Kuta Square, just duck out the back door and you are there, Poppy Lane 1 and 2 are just a few minutes walk up the road. Breakfast was always busy as excepted but always something for everyone. Wawan one of the life guards was also very helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. We would love to come back just because of Ari, she is a very valuable team member. Thank you HRH, we will be back

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Tony F,

Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted to hear that you and your two boys enjoyed the level of service, your room and access to the Chill Out Pool. Thank you for kind comments on breakfast experience and the main pool, which is the largest in Bali with day activities and poolside cabanas. I have shared this with Ari, Wawan and the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share this review, which we very much appreciate.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed her for 6 nights with my teenage son and we absolutely loved it. The location is great, across the road from the beach, short walk to malls and Poppies Lanes, about 1 minute out the back door to Kuta Square, 10 minutes walk to Discovery Mall & Waterboom.

The pools are huge and we always found a free lounger to lie on. Lots of activities from water volley, walk-on-water, bomb challenge to Bingo! The volleyball net on the sand island was a bit hit with my son and I hardly saw him whenever we were down the pool and he met other kids and had a fantastic time. My son particularly mentioned 'Mr Bean' who obviously is very good with teenagers!

The breakfast buffet had something for everyone and all the staff were smiling and friendly. The attention they gave my son on his birthday is something neither of us will forget - a very cool rendition of happy birthday and a huge thank you to them all. We would especially like to mention Pri who is an asset to the hotel, so friendly and quickly knew our names. A lovely lady.

We had a deluxe premium room, it was clean and well serviced and nice and cool. There was a flat screen TV with lots of channels including movies and sports. It gave us access to the chill out pool area although we liked the main pool area so much we don't use this at all. We could hear the band in the evening but it wasn't so loud we couldn't sleep (we were in wing 2 on the first floor).

We found all the staff from the cleaners and security staff to the waiters, bar staff and concierge to be friendly and efficient. They reflect what they have on their uniforms 'Love all, Serve All'. We cannot wait to return to Bali and the awesome Hard Rock Hotel. Thank for for giving us a fabulous holiday.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JakeandMum
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear JakeandMum,

Thank you for this fantastic review of your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you stayed with during a special occasion of your son's birthday. Please say hello again to him from everyone at Hard Rock.

I'm thrilled to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the level of service at Starz Diner during breakfast. Thank you for kind comments on your room and its amenities, cleanliness and the pool, which is the largest in Bali with day activities and Sand Island. It sounds like you had a fantastic holiday and we are glad to be a part of your Bali trip. I have shared this review with Pri, Mr. Bean and the team and we look forward to welcoming you again soon. Do take advantage from the special deals offered at our website for your upcoming stay.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share this review, which we very much appreciate.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with my family. The pool is awesome, perfect for the kids with activities and water slides. The rooms was also good, I didn't have much of expectations because this is the first HRH in Asia and i thought it will be worn and not fresh. The breakfast I must say is average, crowd and messy. I can recommend this for some nights as a nice experience, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed July 2014
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear tingman1,

Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted to hear that you and the kids enjoyed the pool, which is the largest in Bali with its own kids waterpark and day activities. Thank you for your kind comments on your room and for recommending Hard Rock Hotel Bali. Your comments on breakfast experience is well noted for our evaluation to serve our guests better. I have shared this review with the team and all of us look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which we very much appreciate.

All is One
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The pictures on the internet must have been taken a few years ago because when we arrived we realized the rooms were in need of a refurb. The A/C in our room was horrible, we called down to the front desk and apparently some one came to check it out and fixed it, but nothing changed. Woke up at night sweating, Our friends had a room at this hotel also and their A/C worked great.
On the upside the hotel pool was amazing!! We spent a lot of our time in the pool drinking cocktails, the staff were very friendly and nothing was too hard for them. The pool always had something going on, a band, a game or competition of some sort. It was great. Because of the rooms i probably wouldn't stay here again until they update the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
United States
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My family has visited bali frequently over the past years and we have stayed in a tranquil and serene villa on jimbaran bay. We continued to come back because it was just so peaceful. We came to adore the local people of Indonesia and the warm feel. This time we stayed at our villa for 9 days, traveled to phuket for 6 days, and then we had to go back to bali for one night to catch our flight. We decided to take a chance on the hard rock hotel given the 4 star ratings and impressive pool system. It's not what it seems at all. If anyone knows anything about Bali, they know kuta beach is crowded and loud with bustling shops. Very different from jimbaran bay and other hot spots across the island. Nonetheless we decided to stay there because we were fond of the markets and beach. At our previous stay in jimbaran the hotel sent people to pick us up from the hotel. Hard rock did not, but that is understandable considering the large amount of people staying at the hotel. We got a taxi and arrived at the hard rock. The moment you open the car door you can hear loud American music coming from a stage. So yes, hard rock is an American company, but the hotel is not in America. It is in Bali! Coming from America, i do not want to travel for 2 days across the world to get an experience I could get for traveling 30 minutes to Orlando. And even that would have been better. A little traditional bali feel and music would have been appreciated. We were led to a small check in room glittered with old celebrities guitars and spotted with posters. There were four frayed chairs to sit in. You could very clearly hear the "rock" concert type thing, which by the way was no better than a mediocre high school band. They might as well have played the real song. The people at the desk took fairly long to check us in. Although they did give us the late checkout at 3:00 the next day which was appreciated. A very kind Balinese bus boy led us to our room. I was immensely disappointed with the whole presentation of the rooms. First of all, for a 4* hotel don't you think they could air condition the cabin hallways? It was musty and hot, not to mention dirty! The walls were a tacky shade of purple that made me want to puke. The nooks and crannies of the hallway were full of grime and dirt. It was just disgusting to even look at. It literally took 20 tries for our key card to work! We entered our room and at first it looked like an average hotel room you'd get at the Marriott but at closer inspection it was just as grimy as the corridors. The whole room was crammed and scratched up. There were no drawers so we just dressed out of our suitcases. Thank god we were only staying for a night. The bathroom was also dirty and poorly cleaned. There was a mysterious yellow stain on the bathtub floor...and hair in the sink. The air conditioning was nice at first coming from the corridor...but well into the night I was sweltering in my sheets. The next morning I awoke relieved I did not have to spend another night in this bed. The breakfast was average and the food was mediocre. I didn't enjoy it much. We decided to check out the amenities to see if they could make up for the bad room. For starters the pool system is amazing. The pools are saltwater and you can hear music underwater. There was your average swim up bar, and various cabanas. FYI the cabanas are no more that some chairs under a thatched roof. No cooler, fan, or tv. There were some cool slides and sandy pools. But other than that I got pretty bored after a while. We decided to check out the fitness center. It was just as disappointing as our room. Very small with little amenities. We decided to escape the hotel and walk around kuta. We bought some souvenirs and walked on the beach. It was nice, but I dreaded walking back to the room. Apparently our key cards had been switched off by the people at the desk. The lady was rude and it was literally a back and forth argument to get her to re do our key cards. She finally gave in and we were able to go back up to the room. We packed up and got a taxi for 7 dollars down the street. Overall I just want to say to everyone looking to vacation here- it's not the real bali. The real bali is peaceful and beautiful. At this hotel I did not get any sense of that. I felt like I was at a Disney hotel but without the nice Disney feel. I understand if your from China or an Asian country without an accessible hotel like this, and your want a western type experience. But if your coming for a Balinese feel and want to get a true sense of the island, stay somewhere else. In jimbaran bay we made so many life long friends with the welcoming Balinese staff. The beach was serene, not loud and crazy like kuta. Gamelan (traditional Bali music) was played throughout the hotel. You were one with the earth. But in the hard rock I felt confined to a hotel that was just average (maybe a bit below) and certainly not 5* worthy. So if you want life lasting memories and an unforgettable journey stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear A K,

Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us. Firstly, I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed the legendary Hard Rock pool, offering the largest of its kind in Bali with activities during the day, underwater music and poolside cabanas.

For the benefit of other readers, I’d like to address some of the points raised. Regarding your comment on Kuta, this particular part of Bali is world-renowned for surfing, entertainment and shopping. Strangely, many that have experienced staying at Hard Rock Hotel Bali and in Kuta enjoyed the refreshing change from the quiet villa experience elsewhere. Our Body Rock gym is among the most complete offering essential fitness equipment, sauna, steam room, whirlpool and cold plunge for both our men and women patrons, in separate areas.

You made a reservation under one of our website packages which did not include the hotel transfer for a one-night stay. However, most of our website packages offer airport transfer benefit for our guests’ convenience. We are a music-inspired Hotel with nightly live shows at Centerstage, which is popular with our in-house guests who enjoy live performances and privileged discounted beverage. Your arrival did coincide with the live entertainment. Our records show that you arrived at 20.44 hours and the check-in process took 5 minutes, which is our standard. The complimentary late check out until 3 pm required you to update the room key. I’m concerned to hear your comments on the attitude of our Reception staff, which is not reflective of our standards at all.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the certain shortcomings related to your room air-con. Regarding your other comments, unfortunately you did not bring those to our attention earlier so that we would have been given the opportunity to rectify the issue while you were still staying with us.

All is One
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay particularly if you have kids. Our son loved the activities by the pool. Staff are great, so friendly and attentive. We stayed in a loft room - comfortable beds though room a bit small. Chill out pool area was great.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Mrsrimwar,

Thank you for this review of your recent stay.

I'm delighted to hear that you recommend the Hotel for families with kids. I'm very pleased to hear that your soon had a great experience at the pool. Thank you for your kind comment on the level of service provided by the Band Members, Chill Out Pool and the Loft room. I have shared this review with the team and we look forward to welcoming you and the kids again soon. Do take advantage from the special deals offered in our website for your upcoming stay.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share this review, which we very much appreciate.