“Rocking Time”

Ranked #20 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
wander
“Rocking Time”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed at HRHB. Place is nice. Little dated but has all the activities to keep you in hotel. Good place for kids. As my boys didn’t want to go out of hotel. Slides were a hit so were the activities arranged by the staff. If you like a hotel in center of action then this is it.

1 Thank bagpackngo
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear bagpackngo,

Thank you for your this review of your stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the activities provided at the Hotel.

I'm also very pleased to hear that the boys enjoyed the slides in the pool, which is Bali's largest free-form swimming pool with its own Sand Island, underwater music and kids waterpark and slides. I have shared your kind comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you and the family again soon.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share this review, which is much appreciated.

All is One.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My Family travelled to a Bali for the first time and had a beautiful two weeks at Hard a rock Bali, we were so sad to leave as we had to say goodbye to the amazing staff that made our holiday so special and memorable. . Our two Children enjoyed every moment with the pool staff who did their job so well with the daily activities ( Igloo, ninja,FBI, Mr Bean and all the others) these guys were terrific with the kids and will definitely be the main reason we return.. All the splash staff G'day, Juliio, x, Chris, sonya and the rest were amazing too and Made us feel relaxed and comfortable.... I mustn't forget the friendly, gorgeous photographers - those guys are another reason we will be returning?. We got sunset photos done and I just love them, the guys did a great job.... Our room was so nice and comfortable and the air-con was the best.. Another awesome staff member was Dee who kindly helped us out with a favour that we greatly appreciated!
I could mention more about this great place and wonderful staff but I would be writing for hours! We had a rocking time and will start saving for the next hard rock holiday - we wouldn't stay anywhere else! Hope to be back very soon and I miss those happy faces so much....

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

That was my 5th stay at hr hotel in kuta and i always like it . Great atmosphere huge breskfast buffet and the staff is always friendly anf ready to help.the only negative point is that the rooms are rather small

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I have always loved the Hard Rock Hotels, and have made it a point to visit all the ones in Asia. We have nothing but praises for the ones we have visited so far such as HRH Spore, Penang, Pattaya, Macau, BUT HRH Bali has been the first one to disappoint us when we visited in Feb.

The interior design did not take into consideration the comfort of the guests, nor even take simple logic into consideration. Firstly, the bed was facing the wardrobe, while the TV was to the side of the bed. Secondly, the floor was tiled and not carpeted which makes it a cold walking experience. Thirdly, the toilet door had holes at the top and bottom, which means bathing was a challenging experience, especially when its cold.

My wife and I prefer hard pillow, and as I was reading their information booklet, I was pleasantly surprise to read in the section on housekeeping that they offer a selection of pillows for our use. So I called their housekeeping happily to request for hard pillows, ONLY to be told they don't have any selection of pillows. I'm not complaining that they don't have different pillows for use, but this was stated on their booklet. But in any case I did not kick up a fuss, and just requested for extra towels so that I can put it on my pillow as support.

For three days, the towels was taken away during housekeeping in morning so I had to keep requesting for towels at night. I'm not sure if I'm expecting too much but if I ask for towels, is it too much a request? Because on the third night when I asked for towels, I was questioned by the receptionist with this "Why do you need towels every night?" As a paying guest, I can't request for towels? Maybe I'm just being a overbearing harsh guest, but I definitely did not feel good about being questioned in such a way.

All in all, a terrible experience. But I would just like to qualify that every other single Hard Rock Hotels I have been to, I have only good words for them, except for HRH Bali.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Belgalen
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Belgalen,

Thank you for your patronage to Hard Rock Hotel Bali. Please accept our sincere apologies to you and your family for our shortcomings as, you’ll understand that these do not reflect our aspirations and standards at all. Further to that, do allow us to address issues pertaining to your queries.

For the benefit of other readers, please be informed that our rooms have completed refurbishment to Hard Rock International standards. Our guestrooms have a particular design element in the bathroom door; unfortunately you did not appreciate it.

Hard Rock Hotels around the world are known for its ‘Sleep Like a Rock’ beds that come with selection of hard, feather and Dacron pillows. Unfortunately, we ran out of the hard pillows during your stay. I have investigated with our Housekeeping team and our records show that you did not make a request to keep the towels. The room attendant who performed the room make up did the task according to the standard to tidy up the amenities and in-room facilities in place. We apologize if this was not up to your expectation.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share this review, which we very much appreciate.

Love All – Serve All
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just back from a 4D3N stay in HRH. Sad to say it was a terrible experience for my daughter, wife and myself.
Upon check in, we were persuaded to upgrade to a family suite with pool access (with additional charge of course). I agreed since the room was bigger but it was a big mistake! The sofa bed that my daughter slept on had bed bugs & she was bitten on her face & hands on the very night. On the next morning we had to go out early as we had booked a day trip. My wife had asked the reception to spray the insecticide as we thought it was just mosquito bite. But as the day goes, the bite on her face gets worse and it was swollen all over and she was scratching and making so much noise. It was then that we realize that it was not just mosquito but bed bugs!
Upon return to the hotel at night, we insist to get an additional bed for my girl WITH NO CHARGE.
Throughout the night, we were not able to sleep as my daughter was complaining so much on the itch and pain... The next morning, we called up the duty manager to make a formal complaint. They came and inspect the room and insist that it was mosquito and sprayed some insecticide. My wife insist that the hotel send a doctor to see my daughter (it was a sunday).
The swelling on face and hands were making her terrified.
The doctor finally came at 12noon and diagnose that my little girl was bitten by bugs although he made a disclaimer that he cannot be sure where she was bitten.
However, we are very sure that my daughter got it from the bed bugs in the hotel because she was alright just before she slept on the first night.
The duty manager kept apologizing and offered us a free buffer dinner in their restaurant. We had our dinner that night and sad to say, the food sucks! It's not expected from a 5star HRH.
Anyway, upon our check out on the last day, the duty manager offered his apology again. I asked for a free airport transfer and he obliged but I was thinking to myself why couldn't he make the offer to us.
The bug totally ruined our 4D3N in Bali. We thought we could have a relaxing and enjoyable trip but it turns out otherwise.
No doubt that the staff in HRH were very accomodating and helpful, but I would thought that they should just admit that there were bed bugs and not just mosquitoes.
I have stayed in HRH in Singapore and Penang and I enjoyed both the stays there. But definitely NOT the one in BALI.
Wake up HRH Bali! I am sure you can do better.

By the way, when we were checking out, my wife understands that one of the lady duty managers attending to us on the day we made the first complaint was having a meeting about this incident. What's the outcome? Can you update us?

5 Thank Kinston K
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Kinston K,

Thank you for your patronage to Hard Rock Hotel Bali recently. Please accept our sincere apologies to you and your family for our shortcomings as, you’ll understand that these do not reflect our aspirations and standards at all. Further to that, do allow us to address issues pertaining to your queries.

Claims of bed bugs are taken very seriously and acted on immediately. Although we have our hotel inspected regularly for any evidence of bed bugs, we also follow up immediately on any guest concern. When we received your note, our contracted pest control provider who is on site did a thorough and documented inspection of the room along with hotel staff and found no evidence of any bed bug on the day bed or mattress. Our in-house doctor provided immediate medical aid and stated that the swollen skin and itch were probably caused by an allergy or suspected insect bite. We did find the presence of mosquitoes and immediately had it fumigated. Regular fumigation takes place in the Hotel to combat unwanted insects for our guests’ convenience. I understand that you met my colleague, the Duty Manager upon check out. She informed you about the result of the investigation of your room, which you acknowledged.

For the benefit of other readers, Hard Rock Hotel Bali is a 4-star deluxe Hotel. Our food is carefully prepared to reflect the needs of our international guests; with a good selection of Asian foods and unfortunately we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your kind comments on the helpful service provided by our staff.

Love All – Serve All
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the environment, the staff, the service and most of all, the pool! It was one of the highlights of my trip recently. I've never stayed in Hard Rock before this, the service I received was friendly, helpful, polite, knowledgeable and always smiling. Thanks G'day (waiter at the poolside)!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth W
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Have just returned from our second stay at HRH in the past year.

We are a family of four with two children (currently 8 and 5). On this stay we were accommodated in a suite room.

As always the staff at Hard Rock were nothing short of spectacular. I can honestly say that each and every staff member we encountered did everything they possibly could to make us feel like we were the most important people at the hotel....they are an absolute credit to this hotel chain and I can only hope management read this and pass on our families gratitude.

Special mention goes to Entertainment co-ordinator (and DJ) Ian, who always greets my family with a friendly smile, and superstar barman Josh who's vast array of magic tricks kept my children entertained every time we went near the centrestage bar area.

As far as hotel facilities go, the pool (at around 2500 sqm) is incredible and the beach games every afternoon provide great entertainment for families. Kids club is great, so good that my kids actually ask to go there!

Breakfast is great with a variety of changes everyday making sure things don't get boring. It is worth noting that when staying in a suite you have the option of eating pool side from an ala carte menu, this makes for a nice change as obviously the poolside area is less busy that Starz Diner (where the buffet breakfast us served).

My only negative from this trip is that it would be nice to see the Boom Box recording studio re-open as it has been closed on both of my visits....but that really is clutching at straws!

We will definitely be back to Hard Rock and thoroughly recommend it to other families.

Room Tip: Suite rooms provide many benefits to travelers, including complimentary gifts delivered to your room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear MjDaly,

Thank you for this comprehensive review of your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear that you are a returning guest as we always welcome our Rock Stars back.

I'm delighted to hear that you are satisfied with the level of service provided by our staff. Thank you for your kind comment about the pool, which is Bali's largest free-form swimming pool with its own Sand Island and underwater music. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast at the poolside Splash Bistro, which is additional benefit for staying in our Suites. We have a plan to re-introduce Boom Box this year at a new exciting location at the Hotel. We will keep you informed. I have shared your kind comments with the band members (staffs) mentioned and the whole team. All of us look forward to welcoming you and the family again soon to Hard Rock Hotel Bali.

Love All - Serve All