“Rocky start, but totally won me over by the end of stay, thank you :)”

Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Ranked #22 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We have just arrived back after spending 5 fab days at HRH. Lovely hotel and facilities amazing, especially for my children. Great staff in the kids club, thank you for enriching my daughters stay. Breakfast was good. Hotel is very busy, completely different pace from Sanur which is where stayed prior to our visit to HRH.
Room - although very nice and clean, the water pressure wasnt great, and hot and cold tricky to work.
But a massive thank you for the fun animals figures on the bed made for kids by housekeeping!!
A disappointment especially as our visit was for our honeymoon after marrying in Sanur the week earlier, prior to our arrival I was advised after I emailing the hotel with our arrival time and celebration that a honeymoon set up would be placed in room so was excited to see and surprise hubby, but there was nothing in room upon entry which was a let down.
Another issue was the frustration with our booking, and communication late last year with regards to our booking. And I have to admit after the frustrations with our booking I was skeptical about honeymooning at the HRH. Thankfully the care and attentiveness of staff for our children made up for the booking frustrations and lack of room setup.
Another minor issue was the airport transfer, we had a one way complimentary airport transfer as part of the rock mobile package, for over 3 nights stay however upon check out advised this was not the case. For the sake of the $15 I was not going to press the issue, but advice to other guests to print all documentation.
HRH maybe just take check of prior to arrival communications as communication was quite misleading and very delayed, and in our instance an example being we did not get the honeymoon setup as promised and there was issues and confusion with our room bookings. And at one stage I almost switched hotels because of the prior to arrival email communication, this is not a criticism as after meeting your lovely staff, just a friendly reminder for the personalization so individuals are not just a number.
Staff at check in were lovely, everyone so cheerful and we had a nice quiet room whereby our children slept with ease.
Great hotel, kids club amazing, facilities amazing, staff lovely, and concierge excellent.
Oh and air-conditioning fantastic!!
Overall after a bumpy start this hotel won me over by the end of our trip and we will definitely return.
Thanks for everything HRH, most enjoyable :)

Room Tip: Garden view rooms, for those travelling with infants. Brilliant, and quiet. For 1st wing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank michellek1979
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear michellek1979,

Thank you for sharing such a comprehensive review of your recent stay with us. Firstly, congratulations on your wedding and we are glad to know that you chose Hard Rock Hotel Bali for your honeymoon. I’m also delighted to hear that your daughters enjoyed their entire holiday especially at the Lil’ Rock Kids Club.

We are known for our “Love All Serve All” high energy, fun, and music-filled atmosphere. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the level of service provided, despite few issues raised. For the benefit of other readers, the one-time airport transfer was not included in the ‘Rock Mobile’ package purchased in May 2013 and this was further verified in the reservation confirmation sent to you. In September 2013, we did introduce the updated ‘Rock Mobile’ package with airport transfer as one of the benefits. This is applicable for bookings made from September 2013 onwards.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings experienced during your reservation and our lapse to attend to your request. Once again, I'd like to thank you for bringing up these points, as it is only through this feedback that we will improve. Should you have the opportunity to visit us again, please be so kind to contact me directly.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, which we very much appreciate.

Love All – Serve All

Write a ReviewReviews (5,736)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Such an amazing place for a holiday! This is my fourth time staying at hard rock and it never disappoints. The pool is great, centre stage is great and I especially loved the ill rock show where an awesome band 'Slap the bread' performed! The atmosphere is perfect for families or couples who wish to have a rockin' time. Thank you Ninja, Mr Bean and FBI for being absolutely awesome as always and beautiful hap hap from tabu :-)
See you soon Hard Rock!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Taylor B,

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear that you found us amazing. It does sound like you had a fantastic holiday.

I'm also very pleased to hear that you are a returning guest as we always welcome our Rock Stars! Many thanks for your kind comments on the pool, Centerstage and the Lil' Rock Show. I have shared your rave review with everyone in the team and also the staff band. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to Hard Rock Hotel Bali.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which we very much appreciate.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was seriously impressed with the child minding and activities that go on day in day out here. They have a fake beach next to the pool with sand and grass to lay on, all sorts of relaxation areas and a view of the whole thing from the restaurant balcony, parents can see kids, kids can see parents.

I was traveling with friends and met up with my family here and can honestly say the value for money is fantastic.

The restaurant was EXTREMELY expensive, same kind of prices for entrees, mains and drinks as at home. I would recommend eating elsewhere if you are splurging on the hotel and have a budget to stick to.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank emilymay_burns
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear emilymay_burns,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us. I’m delighted to hear that you were impressed with the kids activities and facilities at the pool, which is Bali’s largest free-form swimming pool with its own Sand Island.

I’m also pleased to hear that you found your stay to be “value for money”. For more special deals, you are welcome to visit our website for your future holidays at Hard Rock Hotel Bali. For the benefit of other readers, Hard Rock Hotel Bali chose to be a responsible server of high quality food and beverage. However, by working with our beverage suppliers, we currently offer great value beverage promotions such as 25% off all cocktails for all in-house guests and “buy one get one free” bottle of spirits for all customers. I have shared your feedback with the team and we look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you again to Hard Rock Hotel Bali.

All is One

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Let's just say this was the best holiday ever!! It was our 3rd time back to 'the hard rock' and everyone made us feel like we came home.
My 3 kids loved the pool activities that the hard rock provided for them from rock climbing, water bombie competitions, walking on water, water volleyball, water polo and even bingo.
The food was amazing and actually ate at the hotel 90% of the time.
Our rooms were very well cleaned every time and they always had the right amount of towels for the 5 of us.
I just want to say a big thank you to the ones who made our holiday even more special.
So thank you Nizar, Febita, Ibnu, Mr bean, Bruno, agus ( pool activity)
Yahnnie, hap, aswin, ree and a the staff at lil rock & tabu
Rose from starz
G'day and hannie from splash
Dewi at center stage
My list can go on for ever but you guys really made us feel special.
So thank you hard rock hotel Bali for rocking our world

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Tina B
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were in Bali for 15 days....one of the best places and all very helpful. The food was very good and the pool was spectacular! They have cabanas over the pool in one area you can use for the day..have lunch relax and enjoy the beautiful weather. The pool has a volley ball area also, this very large pool must be over an acre. The rooms are very clean & beautiful. The buffet breakfast was delicious and plenty!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maillady51
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear maillady51,

Thank you for your review during your stay with us. It sounds like you had a fantastic Bali holiday. I'm delighted to hear that you found us as the best in Bali.

I'm also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and the pool, which is Bali's largest free-form swimming pool with its own Sand Island, cabanas and day activities. I have shared your kind comments with the team and all of us look forward to welcoming you again to Hard Rock Hotel Bali.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had been sick for a couple of weeks and my wife, 14 year old daughter and I decided to head off to Bali for a few days at short notice. Having stayed at the Hard Rock previously we decided to go back there.
The staff were excellent and the suite was great for 3 of us, two large rooms with sliding doors to separate the for sleeping. The pool was just a few metres from the room. The location is excellent with the beach just across the road and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping in the area including the superb Beachwalk mall only 5 minutes walk away. Good entertainment means there is no need to go out at night if you have had a tiring day.

Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Lovely Hotel staff are so friendly and helpful The pool is amazing and lots of fun . Breakfast caters for everyone so fresh and well presented...Our group of 5 females had a wonderful stay at the Hard Rock Hotel location was good room spotless and close to the beach

Room Tip: im sure all rooms are great but the ones closest to the stairs are noisy loud music until late
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Diana P
GeneralManagerHRHB, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Diana P,

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent stay with us. I'm extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff.

I'm also delighted to hear that you had great times at the pool and during breakfast. I have shared your kind comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you and your partners again to Hard Rock Hotel Bali.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your review, which we very much appreciate.