“Great small family getaway hotel, lots of beach activities!”

Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Ranked #21 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed 30 Jan -2 Feb 2013 (4 Days 3 Nights)
Deluxe Premium, bought on Hard Rock Hotel website during midnight sale 10 days before arrival, still best price. (Low season).
2 Adult, 2 Kids (3.5 and 2.5 years old) 1 Teenage (Helper)

Airport to Hotel using taxi asking Rp.120.000-150.000, bargain and got for Rp.90.000 for a 15-20 minutes ride. Nice weather, arrived in front of the lobby, thirsty... and the hotel got a nice bucket of bottled mineral water, cold one on the bottom of the bucket! Perfect! :)

During the decision to stay in HR, I research on Tripadvisor and many comment about the noise, so in the morning I called from Surabaya and asking for a room far from the pub. They got it for us, since it is a low season, no problem, got in the 1st floor. But we were looking for a better pool view, they let us view the 3rd floor (still during cleaning up). So we stayed in 1st floor room for about 90 minutes, relax. Moved to 3rd floor, the same floor with the lobby, close to the reception, even finally it was closer to the pub, but we tried the first night with no problem for the noise. They actually let us move back to the 1st floor if the first night didn't go well. Very nice service for low season.

All the staffs are really warm and welcoming, lots of smile, helpful, all polite! :)
The reception carpet in the lobby area need to be changed, I suppose, since smell of long time wearing.

We stayed in Deluxe Premium because I heard mostly are refurbished or renovated. It was! Nice new feeling room. The Deluxe Premium got ipod docking music. Turn Down service very useful! Changed a lot of wet bath mat.

HR is a nice big hotel and the warm water swimming pool really great as reviewed by others.
Location super nice, just across the street to the Kute beach.
On the way back to hotel, behind the security booth we can clean our-self with clean water.

We got free photo in the hotel location. I think it is from the Deluxe Premium service. Got 6R photos, developed one day after the photo shoot.

Breakfast on the first day is very nice, the second day...ok, the third day...eat less because the manu almost the same. We always got a nice sofa table by the window with the pool view. Very nice, especially the second day it was a raining morning! Superb!
For additional person, too expensive, I think they charged around Rp.240.000++/person. So I did not let my helper had breakfast there, but the hotel allow her to came along as long as just helping our kids, not eating. Very understanding.

Starbucks in the same area with the hotel, they even have a stairs to go directly from hotel to the Starbucks. Many small shop, many mini market around. Close to the Kute Beachwalk (only 15 minutes walk).

Our kids love the horse riding, they park right in front of the hotel. Asked for Rp.150.000, we bargain and got it for Rp.100.000 (low season) for a 15-20 minutes circle rides from Beachwalk to Hotel. It was ok!

They gave us a free wi-fi (speed OK, around 512) for deluxe premium and a code to download music (only from computer) I download from ipad and did not work, asking for another code, download it on my macbookpro, something went wrong, cannot download, so I skip it anyway. Just around 15 song ok to skip.

Small private chill out pool, tried for 10 minutes only because there was a lot of the tree debris...quite dirty, we moved to the big pool finally (open till 9 pm)

Lil'Rock kids club very nice from outside, but my daughter not really interested since we also had many activities together outside, so for around Rp.300.000,- membership for the whole stay (3 nights for us) was not really worthed. Unless you left your kids there for the whole day.

Tabo (for the teenage) has a greatttt place! I wish I was a teenager traveling with friends too. :) They got nice theatre and nice disco room.

Rock Spa is quite pricey. We skipped.

The overall stay, Excellent, nice bed, clean hotel, well renovated.
The pub at night also entertaining, all the song and the band was great! Sometimes me and wife went out of the room to watch and enjoy the music.

OK, going back to airport...it was on Saturday noon, Hotel transport asking for Rp. 130.000 nett, but we decided to take public taxi and spend only for Rp. 52.000 (with light traffic).

So, we love Hard Rock Hotel. Might stayed there again...but there are just too many hotels in Bali to explore...hahaha...

I hope this review helpful! Have a great holiday in Bali! :)

2  Thank kelvinxu

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in Hard rock Bali during September 2012, the swimming pool was very good, the location is perfect, the breakfast was good, the rooms are modern and clean, I would recommend you to go to waterBom (Water Park) while staying in Kuta, it is 10 minutes walk from the hotel, the rides are different ;)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Samah M
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at Hardrock for six nights. I've been to a few other high rating hotels in Bali and the pool for this definitely takes the cake. The room and bar/food prices however are pretty average. We got nachos on the first day and it cost just under $15AU... and it was just a flat plate of chips with barely any cheese or toppings even though it said it would be "piled high". Pretty disappointing in comparison to other hotels and even restaurants. If you're going to be spending most of your time outside this is the place for you, but if you like to retreat to your room to relax then I would suggest elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Ng91
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Has to be the best swimming pool and pool surroundngs in Bali. Staff very friendly. They seemed to be cleaning the room every time you left it for five mniutes and always left the linen sculptured into different designs. The main hotel itself is looking a little tired but that's OK considering how old the place is. Found the bar prices a bit expensive compared to other hotels I've stayed in whilst in Bali and was not at all impressed with the Hard Rock Cafe next door fr prices or qualty of food. Would definitly recommend it for families.

2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Checked and had to move two times because the first two rooms they gave me smelled horrible...musty unclean smell. However the staff was very friendly and helpful and eventually gave me an upgraded room leading out to chill pool. Its not much of a "chill pool" tho cause as I am writing this there is a bunch screaming kids in it. Still..the rooms are in need of a major renovation to be considered a four star property. I mainly stay in Hilton properties...the HRH is not as nice. The breakfast that came with the room was very good....great selection. Location is good if you like being in the middle of things but the crowds get old fast. If you are a.30-40 something single proffesional I would not advise staying here..its mainly families and young surfer dudes/gals. Nightlife on a Friday nite was pretty much nonexistent. We went Jan 31-Feb 6 and we were told by a staff member that it was their low season.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have three kids 12,13,14. This is the place to stay if you want to be able to rent just one room. Our Loft room had 3 Queen size beds. One bathroom so we took shifts getting ready to go and I also had the boys shower in the changing rooms at the pool after swimming. The staff at the Hard Rock Pool made the vacation Fabulous!!! They had great activities for the kids and age appropriate for all. Very helpful with telling us about where to go and what to see and do. The hotel location is great. Being in town you can walk to many restaurants. Recommend TJ's and Jiharan Bay Seafood. The concierge gave the best recommendations for the seafood dinner. Don't miss it.
Breakfast included is standard international buffet. Quality not the best but nice to have.
If you have kids don't miss Water Bom waterpark. Its the best day especially after spending the day touring temples, rice terraces and villages. And its walking distance from the hotel.

Great Stay! Would go again.

Room Tip: Family of 5 in one room. Loft Room 3 queen beds
1  Thank Shannon R
Reviewed January 29, 2013

It was my first time in Bali and I chose to stay here for 2N. Before reaching the hotel, my friend and I had such a long list on what to do in Bali. However, we changed our mind when we reached the hotel.

It seems that this hotel is the first hard rock hotel in Asia, so it is quite an old hotel. But then, it is well kept and maintained. We took the deluxe premium room. The view wasn't that great but the room was superb. I really love the smell of the shampoo and soaps.

We had the privilege to use the chill out pool. If you are the kind who prefer some privacy, then you will have all the privacy you want by hanging out at the chill out pool than the main pool of the hotel. As for us, we prefer the main pool since it is extremely huge and more facilities provided there. I really love the sandy pool. You do feel like you are at the beach. Despite Kuta beach is just the opposite of the hotel, you would prefer to spend your time and day at the pool than going to Kuta beach. You should try the HRC Nachos. It is delicious!!!

The staffs are very friendly and speak very good English. I realised that this hotel employs more male staffs than female staffs. Throughout our stay, we found that the male staffs are more keen to assist you as compare to the female staffs. For an example, upon check-in, we were not informed that we were entitled for various discounts at the relevant places around the hotel. The said female staff should just inform us on that but instead, she just gave us the room key and told us that she had placed the deposit for the room with our credit card. Just ensure that you check the coupons given to you upon check-in since the discounts were very good. At night, we wanted to go to Legian and only 1 male staff was at the reception. We wanted to know about the distant from the hotel to Legian and this male staff was extremely nice and helpful. He told us on what we need to do, the pricing of the cab and bike and what we need to be aware etc other than our initial inquiry. I think the female staffs should be a little bit friendlier to the customers. They should learn from their male colleagues on this.

The center stage is another place where you must go. The live band starts earlier and finishes at 12-ish. It is quite warm in there but it is worth a visit at night.

The rock shop in the hotel sells very limited merchandises. If you really wanna shop, you should go to the rock shop next to Starbucks or next to hard rock cafe.

The only downside of the hotel is the breakfast. We were disappointed with the breakfast and we skipped the breakfast on the next day.

thank to the staffs, we really had a great time here. We will definitely come here again and will try other hard rock hotels in Asia. Thanks for the best hospitality!!!

Room Tip: Don't get the room with garden view. u will get the mosquitoes and all sorts of insects in your...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple