“BEST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!!!”

Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Ranked #24 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed May 2, 2012

All the bad reviews of this hotel seem to be from families with small children. My partner, father and step-mum stayed at the Hard Rock for 5 nights and had the time of our lives!!!! We didn't even want to leave the hotel! Staff were fantastic, so welcoming and nice. If only we got that service in Australia!! Our deluxe room was nice and big, was cleaned twice daily and was always spotless. The pool was great, same goes for the restaurants...food was delicious! Had a romantic dinner for two in one of the cabannas to celebrate our anniversary and it couldn't of been better. I can not fault this hotel in anyway! If you are a young couple do not look else where. The rock spa near the pool is good the girls were so beautiful. My family and I loved it so much we will be going back in four months!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,857)

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I am loathed to write this after giving this hotel 5 star excellent rating just over 12 months ago. After spending 9 nights in January last year at the Hard Rock in a Kids Suite, we found it hard to come back down to a Deluxe Premium Suite in April this year. The bathrooms are very average, and nothing was done to update them during the recent upgrade. We had 5 rooms in our group, and all had problems with either the plug in the bath not working, the tap not switching from bath to shower, little or no pressure in the sink and a constant running toilet. The rooms themselves are fine, and accommodate 2 queen beds as well for our children.
With that in mind, we still were looking forward to the fantastic facilities the hotel offers including a magnificent pool. The problem was that the pool has green algae on the rocks and around the water fall area near the kid’s pool as well as around the pool bar. This was not evident last year, and there has definitely been a change to the way they treat the water. There were even exposed power cables on a couple of the cabanas which were over the top of the water. Very dangerous.
My friends who I had talked the pool up to and convinced them to stay at the Hard Rock for 14 nights, were very disappointed and will never return.
The breakfast area is way too crowded every morning, and only 1 person doing omelettes for up to 300 guests is ridiculous. The food was OK, but unfortunately everything was cold most of the time, and the variety really didn’t change from day to day.
The final straw for me was that we wanted to be situated near the chill out pool so we could chill out with a few drinks each evening before heading off to dinner. The area is fantastic, and there are mini day beds everywhere for guests to use. Unfortunately the area is filled with bird poo including the water. These birds (100s) come in mid-afternoon and are in the palm trees above the pool and spa and crap everywhere. This is a real health hazard, and you would be very brave to swim in this water let alone walk around the pool deck. Fortunately some poor sole scrubs the poo off the deck by hand every morning so that it is cleaned, only for the birds to return that afternoon. I'm not sure what you could do other than chopping the palm leaves off for a while so they move on, or put a net across the top until they find somewhere else to nest, but this is an area with real potential and now has a bar area but with no customers....
As I said in my opening statement, I am really loathed to publish this, as I have made some good friends here, but the truth is that these things need to be fixed.
I am returning to Bali next year with a group of 12-16 families. My initial recommendation was to stay here, but I will now take a lot of convincing to return here which saddens me as my family loves the pool area and the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get a kids suite and this will allow you to eat in the splash restaurant for breakfast.
2  Thank Intanboy
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I went to hardrock hotel yesterday and its great experience. The staff is so helpful and friendly, my room is upgraded to deluxe premium. They offer me pool view room but i choose the quite room instead because i travel with my one y.o daughter.

But there is some problem with sink in my bathroom, i have to call staff to fixed it.

Over all its a great experience, the hotel is so near with kuta beach. the pool is awesome. The room is nice. I definitely will go here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank nuynuynuy
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We have just enjoyed a short stay at Hard Rock, a surprise for my daughters 15th birthday. In her words, Wow! Our welcoming and check in with all staff and Rani in particular, was brilliant. We had a choice of 2 rooms in different locations, so we decided on room 6316 which was close to breakfast and the pool entrance, all on third floor.
The atmosphere was fantastic everywhere we went within the hotel. We absolutely loved the pool area, the cabanas you hire have different prices so just make sure you check, and the beach party crew were very entertaining. We enjoyed a few nights at centre stage with the awesome band.
We were very happy with our deluxe room, we dont spend alot of time in our rooms anyway, so it was very sufficient. The beds and pillows are amazing. No problems with room service and my daughter even got a surprise birthday chocolate mud cake in the shape of a guitar.
There was nothing to disappoint us about our stay at Hard Rock, and I would not hesitate to recommend a stay here. Thank You Hard Rock Hotel, and to my gem of a travel agent who said we would love it. We had a rocking good time.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank emmy-cait
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Everyone in Bali knows the Hard Rock Hotel and it cetainly has a reputation as a very fancy hotel. So our expectations were high.
We stayed in a kids suite, which in terms of size and layout was perfect, it offered playstations, buckets and toys to take to the pool the concept is great, however, the room was very dissapointing. The furnishings are old and worn the bathrooms were tired and quite grotty, chipped tiles missing grout, the glass on the shower looked dirty. The carpets were worn and the balcony was less than a foot wide, so for me travelling with young children (aged 3 and 17 months) it meant being stuck in the room while they slept. The pool is great, but access to the pool with young children is an absolute nightmare down a lot of very steep stairs, carrying all of your stuff and very small children is a challenge.
I can't really comment on the nightlife, obviously with young children I was very limited although my husband did enjoy a couple of nights at centrestage and quite enjoyed the live bands.

You are right in the hustle and bustle of Kuta and if that is what you are looking for I am sure it is great, but we spent a week in a lagoon access room at the Melia Indonesia in Nusa Dua and found the room whilst it was smaller it was a much better fit for our needs and far more luxurios.

1  Thank Priceless3340
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My 3 children and I stayed at the Hard Rock in April this year for 9 nights. This was our first time in Bali and was overwhelmed with the drive from the airport to Kuta and with leaving my husband at home I was a little nervous. The hotel was amazing. I had read on here it was a little bit hard booking a cabana but we had no trouble ( they are definitely worth it ) the pool was amazing and so big there was always plenty of room. Everyday even if kids did not attend the kids club there were activities they could join in everyday at the pool no matter what age even activities for adults. The location was perfect across the road from the beach. Waterbomb park and discovery mall 10-40mins walk depends on how many times you stopped to shop on the way there. With fussy children eating plenty of food close by the hotel Pizza hut next door, KFC and Mc Donald's less than 5 mins away and of course Hard Rock Restraunt just outside the gate. Security was amazing checking cars coming in main gate. The only issue I had was the temperature of the breakfast if you like your food hot you may be disappointed but in saying that they do cook omletes and fried eggs on request. This has now become an annual event for me and my kids but 9 nights was just not enough.

3  Thank wc1973
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed at the Hard Rock as part of our family holiday in April with our 2 children. The kids loved the hotel’s pool and water slides and we spent most of our time here. We stayed in a premium deluxe suite which had a separate living area and separate access to the Chill out pool from our room. This was great but not sure it was really worth the extra cost (almost double normal room cost).

The rate included breakfast daily but the breakfast was a little under-whelming... The breakfast room is loud and noisy and didn’t have much choice in the way of fruit/yoghurt/cereal which is what we eat. We ended up having eggs each morning which was fine for the first few days but we ended up going out for breakfast the last 2 days just for something different.

The hotel is very large and had great facilities which is fine, but this can also be a down-side. For example, the grounds are very large and it takes ages to walk from room to pool. There are also 2 large flights of stairs to get to the pool area (not easy with 2 young children). The check-in process was long and they seem confused with our booking plus the 2 families either side of me trying to check-in.
There was also no internet in the rooms. It is 2012 – free Wi-Fi should be everywhere!!

Room service was handy to have but not the best. Twice, they forgot one of our meals and most of the time the food was luke warm by the time it arrived.
We did use the babysitting service which was great – very professional. But didn’t try the kids club as our 7 year old was happy to swim all day in the pool and use the slides.

Overall we did enjoy our stay and I must say the staff were very friendly and polite at all times. However I would think twice about staying again as I suspect we could get better value elsewhere. We did stay at another property for a few days after our stay at Hard Rock and immediately noticed the difference in service and value.

Room Tip: If travelling without kids, book the premium rooms that have access to the Chill out Pool - much qui...