“Clean and beautiful”

Ranked #121 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
Iran
“Clean and beautiful”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days. It is very beautifully designed and architected. It has a small but well designed endless pool in the 4th floor looking to the sea. Also there is a very beautiful pool in the ground floor with many red fishes inside. surrounded by tropical trees. The location of the hotel is just near the shopping area and resturants. It is realy worth the value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MercurekutaBali11, Room Division Manager at Mercure Kuta Bali, responded to this review, October 28, 2012

Warmest Greeting from Mercure Kuta Beach Bali…

We sincere thank you for choosing Mercure Kuta Beach Bali as your accommodation during your Holiday in Bali.

We were very pleased to read all of your comment and you had enjoyed your Holiday.
It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable customer are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for everyday.
We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Room Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2012

i stay at mercure at august for 4 days and 3 nights, i have amazing service and food.
the swimming pool is excellent, ppl can jst sit there and see the view of the kuta beach and sea.
and the price is acceptable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MercurekutaBali11, Room Division Manager at Mercure Kuta Bali, responded to this review, October 25, 2012

Warmest Greeting from Mercure Kuta Beach Bali…

We were very pleased to read that you appreciated the Friendliness and Assistance of our staff and you had enjoyed your Holiday.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed in room 325 at Mercure Bali, Jalan Pantai Kuta from IN 4th Oct 2012 OUT 9th Oct 2012 and my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stayed. I must say that the hotel staffs made my stay like an enjoyable and memorable one that made me feel like being in paradise!
Beautiful scenic view facing the beach gives you the feeling that you would not want to return home! My sincere thanks and appreciation to the following staff members for their great service and hospitality: My apologies if I had misspelt their names. I must say that Accor group did an excellent job in training their staff members:
From the food & beverage department: Sigit Sugiyanto, Gusde, Darma, Agung Ayu, Suardika, Purusa Artha, Wernawati, Sri Astiti, Darmayanti, Cinthya, Martha, Jordania and from Front office, Intee, Denny, Ardi and those who work night shift in the front office during my stay which i cannot recollect their names and of course the porters who assisted me upon check out
Thanks a million! I will be BACK!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was a long awaited Bali trip for both my husband and I. We booked a cheap air-ticket last year and waited long for our Bali trip.
Initially looking at other hotels but finally made up our mind to stay at Mercure Kuta Bali as one of my friends stayed there before and told me it is a good hotel.
The location of the hotel is great, next to Pizza Hut, Starbucks, Mc'D, and few minutes walk to BeachWalk. Opposite the hotel is Kuta Beach, where you can have lots of beach activities at.
We booked through Agoda 2 weeks prior to the trip and paid around RM300++ per night (without breakfast) for a room. When we reached the hotel, the exterior design was amazing and with some Balinese feel. After checked-in, we were directed to a room located at ground floor. We were not amazed with that. Hence, my husband requested to change the room to a higher floor but been informed that the room that we booked is located at ground floor, if we want to change our room, we have to pay extra. With no other choice, we just remain the room.
The room is relatively small, shower area is okay and with a balcony outside. Believe the room can be made a little spacious so that we can have more room to move around.
On the third day, when I tried to wear my shoes, there was a lizard dropped out and scared me away. Can't imagine that lizard already slept in my shoes for how many hours. It's a bit scary to see that. Other than lizard, found some tiny bugs in the bathroom and also on the bed. The lights are a bit dim, can't find my things sometimes. I suggest that the room can be equipped with more lights.
On the last day, we decided to take our breakfast in the hotel and paid 100,000 Rupiah each. The variety is not much and the taste is not so up to the standard but I must said that the view is nice because the restaurant located on 4th floor and we can see the ocean while having breakfast.
The swimming pool is located at 4th floor as well and the view is nice but a bit small. On the first day we arrived, we have been informed by the staff that ground floor guests can't use the swimming pook facilities. We were wondered how much extra higher floors' guests paid for a room to enjoy the swimming pool. While on the third day, we asked another customer service staff and she informed us that all the hotel guests can use the facilities included the swimming pool. The staff are very friendly but only the information given was incorrect.
Overall, you can stay here because of its location. Or, if you are very particular on lodging, you can find a better one with this price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MercurekutaBali11, Room Division Manager at Mercure Kuta Bali, responded to this review, October 15, 2012

Warmest Greeting from Mercure Kuta Beach Bali…

Your comments on our services has been well noted and Our aim and intent is to ensure all employees are totally customer focus and all guest concern and requests are handled quickly and efficiently.

Kindly rest assure that appropriate training will be conducted to avoid the recurrent such incident in the future.

I do appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.
We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you in the near Future.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We are regular travellers but NEVER had this bad expereince in a branded hotel like Mercure....
There were bed bugs in our room bed, morning on waking up found three myself, killed them, told reception, they said they will change all linens. Next day again found two more bed bugs.. Rashes all over body for both myself and wife...
Had enough, went down to reception, raised voice, complained got room changed to new room for last night.
Fortunately the new room was without bedbugs and had a peaceful night...
On return still nursing rashes on arms, legs, taking medicine....

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL if you want peaceful sleep in night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tokyo_gaijin_70

Warmest Greeting from Mercure Kuta Beach Bali…

The Experience you describe causes us deep concern. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any frustration and anxiety that it may have caused you on your holiday.

Kindly rest assure that General Cleaning into Guest Room has been conducting to avoid the recurrent such incident in the future.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you in the near Future.

Room Division Manager

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel has the best location along kuta beach with a splendid view of the ocean front once you step out of the hotel. One disappointing point was the 'ocean view' room that we had wasn't exactly facing the ocean; was half ocean and land view. Other than that, the infinity pool was awesome and faced the sea. we love it there and will go again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Gosford
Reviewed October 10, 2012

On a recebt trip to Bali I stayed at the Mercure at Kuta beach. Located straight over the road from the beach and in the heart of the main shopping district this hotel is ideally located. The customer sevice ( in true bali style) is outrstanding. Nothing is too much trouble and its always service with a smile. We actually didnt stay over night as we have late flights out (10pm) so we sued the hotel asa base for the day and a place to shower adn freshen and keep our luggage etc secure. The staff were only too happy to give us 4 extra towels etc. and had no issue when we explained we were not all staying in the room for the night lol... we usted the bar and had graet cocktails, swam in the pool (rooftop infinity pool with a beach vew is amazing) and just took in all that was in the area. When we checked out, I asked for taxi's to be called and the staff first checked to see if the hotel van was available ( very nice thing to do especially for a day guest)... when out transport arrived the staff loaded our luggage and we were told to just relax and take it easy.. I would stay in this hotel again.. its service is outstanding and the location is ideal.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MercurekutaBali11, Room Division Manager at Mercure Kuta Bali, responded to this review, October 11, 2012