“Amazing staff”

Ranked #77 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Manama, Al Manamah, Bahrain
“Amazing staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was my second hotel in Kuta following two star economic hotel. The below is my review on the hotel.

Pros.
1- Amazing staff with the best services ever, who make my visit enjoyable as much as possible. I would like to give my special thanks to Ms. Adia and Ms Raioko for their help during my stay.
2- Excellent location, the hotel is in front of a very active area of Kuta beach. You can walk from there to almost every where in Kuta within few minutes.
3- The infinity pool at the top is one of the best in Kuta (very relaxing).

Cons.
1- Some rooms need maintenance.
2- Price is inflated for the room of same type and quality of other hotels in the area.

Overall, at the beginning, I was disappointed by the hotel for what I have paid in terms of value for money. However, I was satisfied with the quality of staff and services of the hotel during my stay.

I Would recommend the hotel only for quality of service and excellent location.

Room Tip: Always go for Premium or Deluxe room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Front Office Manager at Mercure Kuta Bali, responded to this review, July 12, 2012

Warmest Greeting from Mercure Kuta Beach Bali…

We sincere thank you for choosing Mercure Kuta Beach Bali as your accommodation during your Holiday in Bali.
We were very pleased to read that you appreciated the Friendliness and Assistance of our staff and you had enjoyed your Holiday.
It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable customer are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for everyday.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

After doing a lot of research for rooms with sea view at the price we wanted we finalized Mercure and it lived upto its expectation. Pool is excellent and has the best view, staff is extremely friendly and food is great... what more can we ask for. Its right on the beach so we just had to cross the road to get to the beach.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nirav D

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

When I booked my stay at the Mercure, I was unsure of what to expect due to the limited photos and information on their website. However I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel happily arranged an airport transfer for me, which although being more expensive than a taxi, provided comfort to me as a lone female traveller arriving in Bali at 11pm. The staff were always friendly and were more than happy to help out when we wanted to hire a car. They also provided me with a huge bucket of ice when I was badly sunburnt!

The pool is fantastic and there are always sunbeds available. The only issue is they play music all day. It is not especially loud but was not to our tastes. However when we asked the pool staff to turn it off, they did so immediately.

The food at breakfast and around the pool was good. Nothing especially fantastic but kept us satisfied.

The rooms are clean and well kept, and the beds are incredibly comfortable. The aircon was also great. The cleaners were fantastic, as when we accidentally left our safe open they provided a full inventory of what was inside, and got both the reception and the security guards to sign it, and provided us a note to explain what had happened. We had full trust in the hotel staff following this.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Mercure Kuta Bali. It is close enough to all the action to enjoy what Bali has to offer, but has great views of the sea and a lovely pool, with no noise from surrounding bars or clubs.

The Mercure is the perfect hotel for those who want to enjoy what Bali has to offer, without being woken up by it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AWein22
, Front Office Manager at Mercure Kuta Bali, responded to this review, July 4, 2012

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Let me say first up that the rooms are tiny! We have stayed here twice now. Once in level one room, once in level 4 rooms. Both same size and are big enough for two double beds and walking space... That's all. Before coming here make sure your luggage is well organized as it's difficult to unpack in small spaces. Also when we arrived at 2:30am our rooms did not have the extra bed in them even though I had emailed extensively to make sure it was a smooth arrival at this time of the night. Oh well, this is Bali!
Lastly, I didn't appreciate the music from the Hard Rock hotel next door but it didn't bother us at night.
That's the complaints done! The view from the pool is majestic! The staff are so helpful and the service fabulous! The pool has not been over crowded once in my Total 9 days spent by the pool here. Occasionally the music at the pool was doof-doof music but we asked if they could replace it with either something more relaxing or nothing, which they happily did (noone else was at pool but us). The breakfast was nice. Though coffee and tea not so nice.
We got takeaway and ate it on the patio near pool one night, overlooking the ocean. Lovely!
The location is great for a few days but after a few days it becomes laborious being in the thick of things. This is definitely a good start and/or finishing place for a trip to Bali. My next time I will come here for a few days, then Ubud for a few days, a villa for a week and then either here for a few days or straight to airport.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have beach view plus easy access to the pool. But look out for noise from Hard Rock...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

please choose mercure hotel,location is very good for holiday.I will bring other friends if they want visit in bali

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Front Office Manager at Mercure Kuta Bali, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear

Warmest Greeting from Mercure Kuta Beach Bali…
We were very pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stayed with us.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Its our first trip to Bali and Mercure Kuta Bali is our choice. Must say the location of hotel & service of the staff are good. However, there are many mosquitoes in the room, crawling ants were also sighted (No consumption of food in room). The provided clothe hangers looks "dirty". bath tub and beddings are poorly maintained. These days, travellers are "virtually-connected" by mobile devices, tablets, laptops, the single power outlet in the room is insufficient... Complimentary bottled drinks does not come with openers and the fridge is not even working!

End of the day, we do appreciate the good service of your staff but its the experience that let us down. Hope you will improve on the travellers' experience/value and make Mercure Kuta Bali the preferred choice when we visit Bali again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Warmest Greeting from Mercure Kuta Beach Bali…

We were very pleased to read that you appreciated the service of our staff.
however, Your comment on the room facilities has been well noted and bringing this issue to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you in the near Future.

singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed at Mecure for 2 nights with my family (spouse and 2 young kids). Booked a deluxe room with sea view. There isn't much of a sea view considering we were staying on the 2nd floor, however the view from the rooftop pool was quite good. The room was surprisingly miniature. My 2 girls (7 years and 3 years old) did not have space to move around after having the extra single mattress placed on the floor next to our queen sized bed. They spend most of their time sitting on the bed while in the room. Good size TV though. The location of the hotel is however very good, directly opposite the beach and walking distance to almost everything and anything. There's a 24 hr convenient store next to the hotel which makes it easy for us to buy drinks and snacks.
For my next stay will probably choose another hotel further down the stretch. There are a number of new establishments being built around that area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Warmest Greeting from Mercure Kuta Beach Bali…

Your comment are very valuables for us and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you in the near Future.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels