“Brilliant and fun!”

Dekom Bali Surf School - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The motto of DEKOM Surfing School is to provide the finest hospitality.Welcome to all surfers,who is first time,begginer and intermediates surfers.And we can also arrange to surf guide!Let's enjoy surfing together!!
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant and fun!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My friend and I had a private, half day lesson with Marley. We found Marley to be a fantastic instructor and had great fun learning from him. Other instructors that were out in the water were also very friendly with us. The whole team from Dekom was professional and lovely to deal with. The surfing lesson was great. We started off with a safety dvd, then practised standing up and paddling on the sand then it was time to hit the water. My friend and I honestly had such an amazing time. They also have a photographer taking photos which we got a dvd of in the end of about 220 photo with a few extra videos - they are all awesome! Recommend 100% Thanks guys :)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Renae H

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant private lesson”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We asked our hotel for a recommendation for a surf school whilst we were in Bali, and they recommended Dekom Bali Surf School. We booked a private, half day lesson for the 2 of us and it was brilliant. We each had our own instructor (which was great as we were slightly different standards), and they were both so friendly and passionate about teaching us to surf. The waves were pretty big on the day, but the instructors made us feel in safe hands - and they clearly knew the ocean well as took us to the safest parts of the beach. They were enthusiastic the entire lesson and could sense when we needed a rest. We had a great day and would highly recommend using this surf school.
The surf school provided pick up from our hotel (we were based in Seminyak), the only negative was the amount of traffic - it took us almost 45 minutes to get to Kuta where they are based - but that is nothing to do with them!

Visited May 2013
Drouin, Australia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My son wanted to have his first ever surf lesson for his 12th birthday and we couldn't have chosen a better school for him to go to.
They picked us up and took us into their office to watch a dvd about safety etc then it was time for the young fella to hit the beach.
After some lessons on paddling, how to stand up and some stretching the moment had arrived.
From my vantage point on the beach I could see how much he was loving every second of it.
He and his instructor Evan hit it off immediately which made it a great day out.
We bought the dvd of photos taken by their photographer. 187 photos all up so well worth it.
Mason wanted to book another lesson but unfortunately being aroung Nyepi day it wasn't possible.
Thanks Evan and the crew for a sensational day. We'll see you in 2014 and maybe I'll even give it a try next time.

Visited March 2013
El Paso, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Professional organization with good instructors!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I took two days of surf lessons from Evan at Dekom. We had both surfed once before. On the first day, we watched a video, which was helpful in describing surf terms and discussing safety. After practicing on the beach and warming up, we hit the waves. Evan provided the appropriate amount of hand-holding on the first day, selflessly protecting me from several gnarly waves, and giving us step-by-step instructions on how and when to paddle and get up. We made significant progress and were making small turns by the end of the day. I was even able to catch a wave on my own without guidance. Evan really taught us how to begin to feel the wave, and know when to paddle and when to stand up.

The second day, the waves were larger and were coming in hard and fast. I had a bit of a rough day, but Evan was patient and pushed me just enough. For the last 45 minutes or so of the lesson, he watched from the shore. I felt like the progression of his instruction was appropriate, as we will not always have an instructor and need to know how to go on our own. It was nice to have him there as a safety blanket, but to have a little independence by the end of the day.

The school was run professionally, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the photographs awesome! They provide pick-up services, and their prices are very reasonable. They provided rash guards, towels, and water. Apply sunscreen liberally, you may consider taking it with you to the beach and re-applying on the break, as the sand and saltwater will blast it off. They also sell rash guards in the surf shop for a reasonable price, much less than some of their competitors.

Visited February 2013
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Made it Easy.”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great staff who explain clearly and simply how to surf. I went there thinking surfing was going to be really difficult and they had me standing and catching small waves in a matter of 20 minutes. Moving onto bigger waves might take some more time...
Recommend the group class over the private lessons.

Visited December 2012