“Kadek is the best”

Private Driver in Bali - Made Dodi 'Family Team'
Ranked #4 of 281 Tours in Kuta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Made Dodi, but everyone calls me Dodi.I am a professional private driver and tour guide from Bali. My team and I will offer you the best private tour service on the island. Our ambition is to combine your interests, wishes and ideas with our experience and professional expertise to create your own unique Bali traveling experience.This is why it is so important for us to listen to all of our customer's needs and to satisfy your expectations.I believe it is important to establish trust, that's why all of our drivers have a special emphasis on being reliable, safe, honest and of course kind.One of our major goals is, to achieve a comfortable and familiar atmosphere.We want all of our guests to be given the impression of us as if they were travelling with friends. We would like to show you our culture, all the different facets of nature and the magical places on this gorgeous island.Whatever you are interested in we will help you to make your vacation unforgettable.We hope to see you soon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kadek is the best”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited Bali with my girlfriend, and we were staying in Nusa Dua because I had some free Marriott points to burn through. At the beginning of the trip, we were really worried because we kept getting ripped off by random drivers and hassled any time we tried to do anything remotely toursity in Bali. After searching the internet a bit, I found Kadek and his Dodi with great reviews. Kadek really made our trip!

We booked one whole day, at a really good rate, and he came and picked us up. We did the whole day trip to Ubud (similar to one listed on Dodi's website), including the traditional Bali dance (very cool, but took a lot of time and not super cheap), kintami volcanic mountain lunch (very cool), the coffee plantations (awesome!), a number of really cool temples including the water temple, the monkey forest (must see), etc. etc. In terms of purchasing items, I wouldn't recommend the silversmith or the handcrafts, but the artwork was very interesting. Kadek was a very helpful driver, who gave us strong advice over what to do and what not to do. He was also very clear on the different costs and ways we could get ripped off. In the temples, he was very useful and gave us a long history of the Hindu religion in Bali and some of the local culture. All in all it was a great day!

As a result, we asked him to do a half day the following day. He picked us up around noon, and we did more of the southern part of the island around Nusa Dua/Denpasar/Padang Padang, and through Kuta. We went snorkeling for the day and went to the Turtle Island, it was a great time. We also saw the Eat Pray Love beach (which I wish we had allocated more time for), and the Uluwatu temple around sunset. Be careful here, we got attacked by Monkeys (but nothing serious). At the end of the day he dropped us off at a new hotel in Seminyak (definitely recommend this area for sunset and a chill dinner). Kadek was really helpful and trustful, and we ended up leaving our luggage in his car for most of the day while we did tours. What a fun way to spend half a day!

On the last day, we decided to have Kadek take us to the airport as well because he gave a super fair rate. He has lots of family that are also drivers as part of the company, so if he is busy he definitely will know someone trustworthy. I highly recommend Kadek, and hope to give him a call next time I'm in Bali to hang out. He's super flexible, so if you know the different places you want to go he can help you figure out which ones are possible and the best fit based on what you are looking for. We also saw many other drivers dropping off their guests like cattle, while Kadek would come in with us and give us a one-on-one tour (while also not being too intrusive) and help us take pictures as well.

I wanted to also warn future travelers that you may get low rates from cab drivers to take you to different places (such as we asked to do dinner at Jimbaran). We found that the low rates were due to them taking us to tourist trap places that charge 4x the price for a normal dinner and also with added sales/service taxes on top. Also we thought about renting a moped/car to go kintamani ourselves, but soon saw that many people were pulled over by the police or had to pay a very high 'parking' or 'entrance' fee. Definitely use a local driver like Kadek/Dodi to avoid this, and you may end up saving money and hassle overall.

Visited February 2013
made d, Owner at Private Driver in Bali - Made Dodi 'Family Team', responded to this review, May 5, 2015
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with Bali private driver Made Dodi family Team We are happy to hear you enjoyed the service we provided to you.

• Polish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best driver in Bali”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Before even leaving for Bali, Made contacted me several times to ensure that everything was on schedule. He is a fun and excellent driver that made my trip a thousand times better than it would have been without him and his brother. He is so attentive and has many suggestions that the guide books don't explain. I highly recommend hiring Made as a driver while in Bali. I am looking forward to returning and seeing this friend in Bali again.

Visited June 2012

Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“More Than Just A Driver - Best Private Driver in Bali”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Having seen the reviews on Trip Advisor, we contacted Dodi directly when we were in Bali recently and was not dissappointed.

He was amazing and came personally to our villa to discuss what we wanted to see and do in Bali. Then he would plan the day for us to include what we wanted and what he recommended. We were with him for two days. He made our stay in Bali memorable and we highly recommend him. Would not have done or seen Bali if it wasnt for him. We would not have done watersports, seen temples, swam at beaches such Padang Padang (our favourite and where Julia Roberts did her movie Eat Pray Love) and Dreamland if he hadnt shown us them. I even hugged an Orangutan and did Elephant Rides at Bakas. We went to top silversmiths for jewellery and if we didnt want to see something because we changed our mind, we would just skip it.

We also spent another half day with another of his cousin and another cousin drove us to the airport for home. How great is that. If he cant be there for you, someone will be.

Thank you Dodi and family for making our stay in Bali even more special. Wont forget you Mate. We are now Chocka Block being back at Home.

Visited February 2013
made d, Owner at Private Driver in Bali - Made Dodi 'Family Team', responded to this review, November 14, 2015

Hong Kong, China
“Great Trip, Excellent, Safe Trip with Made Dodi 'Family Team'”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Me and my wife had an excellent trip with Made Dodo team, comfortable car and his cousin Boby drive us all the way, we had a great experence in Bali, He designed where to go, where to eat, where we better to go, where we don't have to go, He staying with us all the time, show us what is the meaning of those temples. Boby took us to diving, drive a long time for whole day. We would like to say thank you to them.

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“If you ever need a driver...”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you ever need a driver in Bali, call Made Dodi.

We rang him one evening, hoping to have someone take us around Ubud and Tanah Lot the next morning. Whilst he couldn't drive us there personally, he arranged for his cousin Sena to ferry us around. We chose to explore Ubud ourselves but at Tanah Lot, it was good to have Sena show us around and answer the usual tourist-y questions.

A few days later, we requested for a driver - once again, at the very last minute! Sena arrived early to pick us up, as he had before and very, very patiently waited for us to send us back.
We're here for a few more days, and if we decide to visit other areas in Bali, we'd definitely call Made Dodi, no doubt about it.