“Amazing hotel in legian”

Samsara Inn by Lingga Murti
Ranked #1 of 284 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

My stay on 24th january in Samsara inn was wonderful. Once we step in at the hotel, we feel the calm and tranquility and the interior was nice too. The front desk, Linda were so helpful and never obliged to answer my queries. The pool was amazing. The room is clean and nice comfy bed. I hope in future, maybe there will provide wifi in room, water kettle and more tv channel. Indeed is the best hotel during my trip in bali. My gf loves samsara inn so much compare to harper, dekuta and sun island kuta.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
BaliGarden, Public Relations Manager at Samsara Inn by Lingga Murti, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear roslee7,
Warmest Greeting from Samsara Inn...

It is always encouraging when our guests have a wonderful and fantastic stay at Samsara.
I will pass on your comment to Samsara Team and again we really appreciate your positive response.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Samsara is located in a small alley off Jalan Legian, at walking distance from Legian's nightlife and the beach. By motorbike it is easy to go around from the hotel, by car/taxi it is more difficult since Jalan Legian has many traffic jams.

The room was simple but clean and complete. The bathroom does not have a door. The breakfast was somewhat disappointing. It is better to pick up Indonesian breakfast at one of the warungs in the alley.

1  Thank ErwinHofman
BaliGarden, Public Relations Manager at Samsara Inn by Lingga Murti, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear ErwinHofman,
Warmest Greeting from Samsara Inn...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay at Samsara.

I am glad that you found our room is clean and you are right, we are strategically located, near all the shopping and restaurants.
However, I apologies that you are not satisfied with the breakfast menu that we are serving. We have certainly noted your feedback as we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If I could be any assistance in your future booking, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was our hotel in Kuta. We decided on staying at this hotel because the location wasn't too far from the beach, shopping plazas (Kuta Square and Beach Walk), restaurants, Marts and pretty much EVERYTHING. It is a great central location in a small street connected to one of the main streets. The hotel is pretty new (I think 1 year old from what they had told me), 3 levels and about 10 rooms on each floor. The rooms are clean with new fixtures. Modern room -but the bathroom had NO door. So there is no blockage from the bathroom to the main room. The noise level - you can hear if other guests are being loud. Also another concern was that WIFI only worked in the lobby area near the pool. The breakfast that was provided was a continental breakfast- lots of breads and some fruits- just decent. When we stayed there it was raining, but they managed to clean the floors often which was nice. I thought the front desk staff were very helpful and kind. The pool was pretty clean. It is a small, clean hotel and would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a short stay in Kuta and explore the city.

Room Tip: The higher the room - probably less noise?

Dear Heather N,
Warmest Greeting from Samsara Inn,

I really appreciate your great review and we are delighted to serve you as our guest.

We have certainly noted your comment about our bathroom, other guest behavior as well as the wi-fi to the responsible department to ensure that all guest will receive the best quality of comfort and service from us.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Hotel Samsara is a peaceful refuge from the noise and hustle of Kuta. It's a three story white building with high walls. The walls help keep the noise out. The hotel is located half a block up an alley. The hotel sign is small and not all Drivers know where it's at. If you have the address most Drivers will find it easily. Because of the Moto traffic you might have to walk 100 meters or so down the alley to get to the hotel.

Walking through big glass doors you enter the lobby. The hotel staff is very welcoming. Check in was fast and the helpful. The tiny receptionist ferry our luggage to our room. Our room was on the third floor. Just so you know if you a condition that prevents you from climbing stairs, you need to book a bottom floor. There are not elevators (lifts) in the hotel.

The room (room 324) we had was a bit on the small side, and there was no furniture other than a bed and a long bench seat under the window. We did not have a closet or wardrobe. The long bench seat had nooks under the seat to stow your luggage. Above the bench seat was a peg with hanger to hang thing from. It reminded me of something you might find at Ikea. At each side of the bed was a wall mounted night stand with a safe underneath. I did like the double safes in the room. The AC was very good in our room. The room also had a nice ceiling fan.

The glass partition separating the room form the bathroom is no big deal as others have complained about. There was plenty of privacy. The most you might see through the glass is a shadow of the person on the other side. Hot water for us was hit or miss. We were told at check in to run the water for a long time before we would get hot water. After walking the grounds, I found out the the water heaters were other side of the property from where our room was. At the time of day when most people were taking showers (9:00am-10:00am) the best we could get was lukewarm water. Other times of the day once we had hot water it was usually pretty good.

The hotel offered a Continental Breakfast. They had a satisfying choice of menu items to choose from. Fruits: watermelon, pineapple, papaya and bananas. Pastries: croissants, sweet rolls, and a chocolate filled bun, toast with butter and jam. And to my surprise they offered Vegemite. They also had cereal, milk and juice. Coffee and tea were served all day long. Breakfast was served in the lobby from 7:00 to 10:00AM.

The pool was nice. There were 16 chase lounges and a couple of tables and chairs around the pool. The pool seating did get a little crowed at times. The problem was mostly that some of the guest would leave there towels and things as to not allow other guest to use the chairs while they left the pool for a couple of hours. The problem is that a lot of young people forget that there a other people in the world besides themselves. The pool side music was kind of loud (not back ground music). We did spend a lot of time by the pool. the pool was very relaxing.

In summary, Samsara Hotel is cozy small hotel tucked in an alley just off Poppies Lane. It's a great place to stay and not break the bank. The staff is wonderful and the pool nice. You are in the heart of Kuta. The hotel is located close to everything. It's a 15 minute walk to the beach for some of the best sunsets on the planet.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Lenda. She was sunshine every day.

1  Thank mddogmk
BaliGarden, Public Relations Manager at Samsara Inn by Lingga Murti, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear mddogmk,
Warmest Greeting from Samsara Inn...

I am truly sorry if some of our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apology.

We have noted that our signage are difficult to be seen and we have certainly addressed the issues you have experienced regarding on our hot water and the music being too loud at the lobby/pool area.
Please rest assured that we taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing and concern. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in the future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Not only is the hotel beautiful, but the staff goes out of their way to help you. Whether they are toweling you off after a rainstorm or letting you keep your luggage there for days while you travel elsewhere- they are incredibly hospitable. Rooms are quite small.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear lordmarquardt,
Warmest Greeting from Samsara Inn...

Thank you so much for your review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at Samsara Inn.
We appreciate all points made in your comments, since it will serve as an encouragement to all our staff to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

It is our hope that we will be welcoming your return to Samsara Inn in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at Samsara Inn in August. This was the second stay for me. I really love this hotel. The pool area is really modern and extremely clean. The pool towles are always spotless and the staff are so friendly. Nothing seems to be too much trouble. The staff never seemed rushed when they are helping you with an inquiry or request. The rooms are very clean, and whilte they are not large, they have all the facilities one needs.

The spa had not been built when I was there, but I understand it is now open. I ghope to return in Jan and will look forward to visiting the spa. I understane there is a restaurant being built across the lane from the hotel, which will add to the hotel's facilities. It is rare that one finds such a friendly environment as the Samsara Inn has to offer. The staff have been very well trained and seem to well understand what the western traveller expect from a hotel. It is only small, but very charming. I just cannot wait to return. It is an easy walk to the beach and there are many restauarnts around to hotel with many choices of varied cuisines.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 486kathyo
JPatricia, Public Relations Manager at Samsara Inn by Lingga Murti, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear 486kathyo,
Warmest Greeting from Samsara Inn.

It is always encouraging when our guest have a wonderful and fantastic stay at Samsara Inn. I will pass on your comments to Samsara Team and again we really appreciate your positive response and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've just returned from my second stay at Samsara Hotel. Staying here is like staying in a private home you are made to feel so welcome and comfortable by the lovely and accommodating staff. The rooms are spotless and well equipped, the beds are super cosy. The location is perfect for enjoying the attractions and shopping in downtown Kuta, yet feels very quiet and private.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MishB
BaliGarden, Public Relations Manager at Samsara Inn by Lingga Murti, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear MishB,
Warmest Greeting from Samsara Inn...

It is encouraging when our guest have a wonderful and fantastic stay at Samsara Inn. I will pass on your comments to Samsara Team and again we really appreciate your positive response and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.