WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #76 of 225 Hotels in Kuta
Semarang, Indonesia
“Good Hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

First of all, I wonder how Aston Hotel Management {Quest parent's company} can put so many brand in their hotel lineup. Even, they put their three star properties in two brand, Quest and 100. I've stayed in several Aston Hotel brands and it's hard to tell the different, beside the room rate.

Now, let's go back to the review.

Location
Quest Tuban is located in Jalan Kediri. The main benefit of staying here is we get a free airport shuttle. Just fill your flight itinerary on your hotel reservation and they will provide it. I used it when I arrived at Ngurah Rai Airport. At first, I was disappointed because I didn't find the driver straight away. Had to call the hotel several times before I can find her. The nearest beach [tuban] is around 15 mins on foot. They also run a free shuttle to the Discovery Mall Kuta several times a day (4-5 times) which I think is convenience. There also many daily stores and restaurant/cafes nearby. There’s also huge souvenir shop, Krisna, 15 mins walk from Quest Tuban. One thing, this property is not located in tourist area so don't expect to meet many foreigners around.

Check In
I was greeted by two receptionists. Both of them were nice. The process itself was quite efficient. I can get the room key within 10 mins. Hoping for a free room upgrade but they didn't offer it [though their occupancy was less than 60%]. That's not a problem.

Room
I booked Superior room. The room itself is quite small, but clean. A drawer, double bed, working desk with chair, and a LCD TV. My bathroom had a shower area, sink, and toilet. Here's the tricky part. They also provide guest with free wifi which run flawless. The room that I had at Quest almost in the same condition with the room I had in Favehotel. Quest won because they provide kettle, enclosed drawer, and toiletries. For me that wasn't satisfying because their room rate was quite different. Another drawback was my room’s aircon wasn’t worked well. I noticed it when I got back around 10pm. Really tired so didn’t call the hotel staff.

Food and Beverage
There only one restaurant on this property. Only tried their F&B during the breakfast time. The breakfast was buffet style with few selection. Tried almost all of its menu. Overall their meals quality was good. Their restaurant's staff was courteous. Some part of the restaurant had good view toward their pool which I personally liked.

Facilities
Tried their pool. Although isn't as big as Olympic or lagoon pool, but I enjoyed it. They do have spa facilities but hadn't tried it.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. There were some drawbacks but it’s still tolerable for me. My suggestion is this property should improve their property amenities and facilities so people can find it different with other, especially with Favehotel. I recommended this hotel, especially for transit traveler.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DicQo_de_SmG
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us during your visit to Bali. We will extend your kind comment to our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Tried the Quest for a two night stopover, have stayed at Aston Tuban and Harris Tuban previously. Quest is operated by Aston group but not quite up to the standard of other Aston properties. The Aston Tuban is just down the road and a much better deal.
Quest is reasonably new building with quite well appointed rooms with comfortable bed but already starting to suffer from a lack of maintenance. Room cleaning leaves a bit to be desired. Poolside restaurant is pleasant but entrance to hotel is unprepossessing. Several minimarts and Pepito Supermarket are short walk from hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your valuable inputs for better service in the future.If you come back again, check out our hotel website for special deals exclusive to our return guests who book direct.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We decided to stay in this hotel because the location is close from the airport and they offer a free airport transport no matter what time is the arrival of your flight...Our flight arrived around 2:00 o´clock in the morning and we are so happy meeting the driver waiting for us..The room is good, clean, with cable tv, individual aircon condition. The bathroom is good and clean too. They offer a shuttle bus to Dynasty Mall atleast 4 times a day or you can take a taxi which is cost around 1 US dollar. Breakfast is good with a lot of varieties and the service is also good..The SPA is average. For sure we´ll be staying here again and I recommend this hotel!..We had a very nice stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
We are really happy to read you had such a good stay with us and appreciate our free airport service, thank you!
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had to say I enjoyed my stay at Quest Hotel Tuban. I stayed overnight twice during my visit to Bali. I have booked it thru email and their response was swift and easy. They arranged airport pickup & drop-off and when I arrived, I was greeted by friendly staff. My first stay I had room with pool view in level 1. The room has an aircon, clean nice bed, and nice shower. Second stay, I had the room at the other side but same thing, clean, big bed and an aircon. They also give you a free breakfast with many choices. I like the location as it is really convenience and close to the airport. There are plenty places to eat around the hotel if you don't mind walking around.

Room Tip: Choose the one with pool view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for kind comment and choosing us for your stay in Bali.
Noumea, New Caledonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

we spent three nights in this hôtel from the 31th of december to the 3rd of January, and appreciate everything:
-the hôtel sent a taxi to pick us up in the airport (for free !)
-we had the chance to be upgraded in a large deluxe room.
-the room was new, hudge and superclean.
-all the staff was very helpfull and professionnal.
Special thanks to Erwin ! we'll come back !
jack's family from New Calédonia

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for appreciation and we will extend your kind comment to Erwin.
SIN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Booked this hotel as an overnight transit through Bali on our way to Flores. Excellent value for money - airport pickup and breakfast included, squeaky clean, and good staff. I dislike Kuta but if you do like it this would be a good place to stay - good location, cheap, and very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CT_Mtn_Biker
Thank you!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Used this hotel for one night as I was transiting Bali. It is conveniently located near the airport and they offer a free pick up and drop off service. It's an Aston group hotel so you can expect a certain level of cleanliness and service. Loved the purple theme that was carried through to even the welcome drink which had a hint of lilac about it! The room was spacious, comfortable and quiet, which was impressive considering it's central location
The included breakfast buffet bar has a good mix of Asian and Western options.
The pool is small and on the shaded side of the building, didn't really see anyone using it.
I would recommend it as a perfect transit option or for a last night option if you have an early flight, I wouldn't recommend it as a base for staying on Bali as it isn't really near anywhere useful and you can find hotels for the same price nearer the beaches.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Charlie L
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for recommending our hotel! FYI the beach is just 5 minutes away :) and we offer a shuttle to the mall where there are tons of restaurants, shows and shopping places for everything from clothes to dvds to jewelry and shoes.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
H Sovereign Bali
BEST WESTERN Kuta Villa
Ibis Bali Kuta
Ibis Bali Kuta
#72 of 225 in Kuta

Been to Quest Hotel Kuta? Share your experiences!