“Dinner and a smile”

Ranked #89 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Fremantle
“Dinner and a smile”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We called into the Quest for dinner, as we where stay at another hotel just up the road.

We were met by the lovely Novi on arrivial, so we started the night in good hands.

We had an excellent meal, the menu had a great range to select from, so compliments to the chief.

A big thank you to Novi for making it a wonderful night. As this hotel is new it does not have a bar licence yet Novi spent the night making us beautiful mock-tails and spoiling us rotten - and we just loved it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for having your dinner at our hotel when you visit Bali.May be you would like to stay with us for your next visit to Bali.Also we will extend your kind comment to our staff, Novi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Quest Hotel Tuban for 8 nights; it was a great hotel for a three star. It was very neat and clean with all amenities and what ever else you needed, you just had to asked for and the staff was always helpful with a friendly smile. We were given a room with a Jacuzzi which was a nice surprise. Buffet breakfast was plenty with changes to the menu daily. Shuttle bus to the shopping centre was great and complimentary pick-up and drop-off to the airport was a added bonus.

Jakarta
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel is a 3-star hotel, about 5-10 minutes from Ngurah Rai airport, in Kediri street. The location has a more local atmosphere (which I prefer) compared to Legian or Kartika Plasa which I think have more "tourist" atmosphere. There are many local food stalls or restaurant along the road, so it is easy to find meal close by.

I stayed in this hotel in Dec 2012, and the driver who picked us up explained that the hotel is new, only operating for 9 months at that time.

I stayed here on business trip for 5 days, because the location is close to the place where I worked while staying in Bali.

I have a deluxe room, with a balcony that faced the hotel's swimming pool. The room itself is clean, the bed comfortable, the television is a LCD 32", so it is very comfortable to watch the television from the bed.
Bathroom is also clean, with hairdryer attached to the side wall. No bath tub, though (at least in the deluxe room, I can't say for the other room type), only a shower. The hot water is getting hard to get when showering in the morning, in the evening it is okay, though.

I do not have complaints during the time of my stay here. The only thing that I think can be improved was the laundry time. The laundry is returned on the next day, not the same day it is picked up, unless you request an express service.

All in all, it was a great experience staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank westernville
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This one is worth a good, long look. Ideal for business people as it is close to the airport, and taxis are so cheap that you can travel anywhere and everywhere from this location. I stayed for six days in November 2012 and my friend and I agreed that the food in the restaurant is world class. Breakfast is included in the room price and offers a variety of dishes - too many to choose from - something for everyone. Lunch and dinner menu offers a fine selection of meals, all meticulously prepared and served. No complaints from us about the food. In fact, we were surprised at how few guests utilised the restaurant for their evening meals. Well, they missed out on excellent, affordable, delicious food.

Service at all levels was also excellent, with staff available at all times to be of assistance. The free shuttle bus, three times a day to the Discovery Mall was also greatly appreciated, and we could have been picked up as well, but chose to venture out unaccompanied.

The rooms were clean and modern and spacious. No complaints - big, comfortable queen size bed, flat screen TV with a multitude of channels, huge bathroom, and a safe.

The outdoor area was also a delight - a huge swimming pool, lush gardens, and always service with a smile.

Do yourself a favour next time you visit Bali - stay at the Quest Hotel Tuban.

Down below is a rating section, but I didn't use the fitness centre so I can't comment, and the spa certainly looked to be good value and well maintained and operated.

Enjoy - from Julia Rose

Room Tip: Impossible - we all have a different idea on what represents a "good location". If you li...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Wow thank you so much for your kind words. Ive passed your compliments to our f&b team as well and they were delighted to hear you enjoyed their creations.
Jakarta
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I got there I wasn't impressed by the lobby as it looked old and dirty. The sofa bench in the middle doesn't look inviting to be sat on.
I dreaded to see the room. But as soon as I saw it, I m very happy. It is clean & accomodating. Nice size. Clean modern shower.
I stayed there because I was looking for a place near the airport.
Rate was great! I got super deal for 2 rooms using last-minute agoda.
I noticed that The restos outside the hotel provides Halal food.

• Stayed November 2012
Yes we are just 5 minutes to the airport. If you come back again, check out our hotel website for special deals exclusive to our return guests who book direct.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

HOW:
We found this hotel via Agoda.com and did a quick review using the comments from both the Agoda and TripAdvisor Apple Apps and Websites.

As we needed to stay one extra night in Bali, amazingly, we found that the hotel had a HOT special last minute deal which we booked right through the Quest Hotel Tuban-Kuta website.

CHECK-IN:
When we arrived to check-in, I must admit they were a little slow in processing the order because apparently even though the we had already provided our credit card details and received our booking confirmation, as their booking partner was based overseas, the credit card had yet to be charged. Thinking the worst I thought: "oh-oh, I hope there wasn't any IT screwup that would leave us without the rooms we had booked!". Thankfully, the staff, always pleasant and helpful worked through the booking confirmation we had and just re-entered the details.

ROOMS, SERVICE, QUALITY:
The rooms are small, but they are to be expected of this type/budget of the hotel. Having said that, the quality of the finishing is also above average, with just the right amount of space and amenities included in the rooms (ie fridge, bathroom amenities, hair dryer etc).

The bathroom tiles however can get a bit slippery.

LOCATION & NEARBY PLACES:
The hotel is very close to Pepitos Supermarket and Cafe where you will find many daily needs, whether you are staying for a short or longer visit and has a number of local as well as international items for sale. The street that the hotel is located on is also close to the Circus Waterpark which is great for the kids. A number of local restaurants are also plentiful and available and would suit most budgets (ie if you have nannies, you can find food as early ad 7am for just rp3,500 or about 40c!)

There are also famous establishments such as Laota Chinese food (more famous for its bubur ayam/porridge) nearby the Ibis Hotel, Nasi Ayam Pedas Ibu Andika and Plaza Bali Restaurant amngst others.

There is a beach located at least 5-10minutes away (depending on traffic) as well as access to to the Kuta and Legian Beach (approximately 15-20mins away).

OVERALL:
If you are in need of a hotel that is close to the airport, that has friendly and helpful staff, has a number of restaurants/amenities nearby for either business or pleasure, Quest Hotel Tuban-Kuta on Jl Satria-Jl.Kediri is a highly suitable hotel for your stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cycorp
Singapore
Reviewed November 21, 2012

my wife and I spent three nights at the hotel. Personally, I we both felt that Bali is over rated compared to other destinations in Asia. But, staying at the Quest made all the difference. They went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Rooms were on the small side but clean and neat and good quality. Breakfast - not too much variety but quality food and nicely presented. On request, they arranged airport transfer for us at 4am free of charge and even gave us a nice breakfast box each. Its a bit of a walk to the beach (about 20mins to the closest beach) but they do provide a shuttle.

1 Thank HowardMyers
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us during your visit to Bali. Our room sizes range from 28 sqm to 113sqm. Perhaps during your next visit you might like to try one of our suites? We have one with its own Jacuzzi as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
HARRIS Hotel Kuta
#47 of 251 in Kuta
Quest San Denpasar
Quest San Denpasar
#95 of 141 in Denpasar

Been to Quest Hotel Kuta? Share your experiences!