“Great place to stay for transit.”
Review of Quest Hotel Kuta

Quest Hotel Kuta
Ranked #89 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Jakarta
“Great place to stay for transit.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I got there I wasn't impressed by the lobby as it looked old and dirty. The sofa bench in the middle doesn't look inviting to be sat on.
I dreaded to see the room. But as soon as I saw it, I m very happy. It is clean & accomodating. Nice size. Clean modern shower.
I stayed there because I was looking for a place near the airport.
Rate was great! I got super deal for 2 rooms using last-minute agoda.
I noticed that The restos outside the hotel provides Halal food.

• Stayed November 2012
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Yes we are just 5 minutes to the airport. If you come back again, check out our hotel website for special deals exclusive to our return guests who book direct.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

HOW:
We found this hotel via Agoda.com and did a quick review using the comments from both the Agoda and TripAdvisor Apple Apps and Websites.

As we needed to stay one extra night in Bali, amazingly, we found that the hotel had a HOT special last minute deal which we booked right through the Quest Hotel Tuban-Kuta website.

CHECK-IN:
When we arrived to check-in, I must admit they were a little slow in processing the order because apparently even though the we had already provided our credit card details and received our booking confirmation, as their booking partner was based overseas, the credit card had yet to be charged. Thinking the worst I thought: "oh-oh, I hope there wasn't any IT screwup that would leave us without the rooms we had booked!". Thankfully, the staff, always pleasant and helpful worked through the booking confirmation we had and just re-entered the details.

ROOMS, SERVICE, QUALITY:
The rooms are small, but they are to be expected of this type/budget of the hotel. Having said that, the quality of the finishing is also above average, with just the right amount of space and amenities included in the rooms (ie fridge, bathroom amenities, hair dryer etc).

The bathroom tiles however can get a bit slippery.

LOCATION & NEARBY PLACES:
The hotel is very close to Pepitos Supermarket and Cafe where you will find many daily needs, whether you are staying for a short or longer visit and has a number of local as well as international items for sale. The street that the hotel is located on is also close to the Circus Waterpark which is great for the kids. A number of local restaurants are also plentiful and available and would suit most budgets (ie if you have nannies, you can find food as early ad 7am for just rp3,500 or about 40c!)

There are also famous establishments such as Laota Chinese food (more famous for its bubur ayam/porridge) nearby the Ibis Hotel, Nasi Ayam Pedas Ibu Andika and Plaza Bali Restaurant amngst others.

There is a beach located at least 5-10minutes away (depending on traffic) as well as access to to the Kuta and Legian Beach (approximately 15-20mins away).

OVERALL:
If you are in need of a hotel that is close to the airport, that has friendly and helpful staff, has a number of restaurants/amenities nearby for either business or pleasure, Quest Hotel Tuban-Kuta on Jl Satria-Jl.Kediri is a highly suitable hotel for your stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cycorp
Singapore
Reviewed November 21, 2012

my wife and I spent three nights at the hotel. Personally, I we both felt that Bali is over rated compared to other destinations in Asia. But, staying at the Quest made all the difference. They went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Rooms were on the small side but clean and neat and good quality. Breakfast - not too much variety but quality food and nicely presented. On request, they arranged airport transfer for us at 4am free of charge and even gave us a nice breakfast box each. Its a bit of a walk to the beach (about 20mins to the closest beach) but they do provide a shuttle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HowardMyers
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us during your visit to Bali. Our room sizes range from 28 sqm to 113sqm. Perhaps during your next visit you might like to try one of our suites? We have one with its own Jacuzzi as well.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

though the hotel room is not too big, but very comfortable to stay. the bedroom and bathroom is clean. the hospitality of the hotel staff also very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

1 Thank Virginia J
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Jacuzzi as well.
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stay for a week for a holiday in Bali with my family.The hotel is close to the airport and souvenir shop like Joger and Khrisna.The room was clean and had a great sleep.The staff are very friendly and helpful.The food is good and the hotel provides shuttle to discovery mall.Stay at room #107 with balcony and facing the public pool (really recommended).

Really enjoy our stay and will be back soon for our next holiday...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gus1905
Toronto
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at the Quest Tuban for 2 nights. I had previously been there in August and had enjoyed my stay there. The room was nice and the buffet breakfast was very good but the best feature was the willingness of the staff to do whatever it took to make my stay really great. I was impressed with Rini and Chris. Pogo was exceptionally friendly and helpful and really went the extra mile to address my needs. Thank you to all the staff at the Quest for making my stay a great one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west (street) side can be noisy. Showers could use a hot water regulator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hdox
Indonesia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Actually, I didn't have the time to really experience the hotel as I had to catch the earliest flight the next morning. But the very brief stay there was really an enjoyable experience. Staff were all nice and friendly, offering good service including free transport to airport. The hotel and the room were very clean. Another good thing is that near the hotel there's a 24-hr-store where you can purchase snacks & Tshirts for friends & family at home. This is the hotel to stay if you need to be close to the airport. I want to try the other Quest at Kuta, but I'm also happy to stay at Tuban again whether or not there's a plane to rush to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Marwati
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Primebiz Kuta Hotel
HARRIS Hotel Denpasar
HARRIS Hotel Denpasar
#73 of 142 in Denpasar
Golden Tulip Essential Denpasar

Been to Quest Hotel Kuta? Share your experiences!