“Great price,Close to airport,Friendly.”
Review of Quest Hotel Kuta

Quest Hotel Kuta
Ranked #88 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Great price,Close to airport,Friendly.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have stayed in Kuta a number of times and this hotel offers everything you want in a hotel in Kuta. (except the beach front).
The WIFI was fast (could maintain a VOIP call perfectly). The service was perfect, the food good. The bed was hard but not uncomfortable ( Indonesian Beds are hard by western Standards.).
Free transport to and from the airport.
They relied to my emails within 10 minutes of me sending them.(thats a first anywhere).
Satelite TV with lots of channels (flat screen too)
Pool is clean and big enough to swim short laps.Small amount of sun beds. We never saw anyone waiting for a seat buit if the hotel was full it could happen.
Breakfast...an egg bar and pancakes too(no waiting when we were there). Good selection of food mostly aimong at the Indo style but had cerial and bacon too. Even Soup.
5 minutes to Kuta Square,waterbom by Taxi (cost RP10000 or about US$1) Carefour Store on sunset road cost us just over RP20000...cheap. Its a fair distance to Legian and other places northwards if you need to be in that part of Kuta the time in a TAXI is 30mins plus. Its cheap but if time is important it could be a problem.
The best thing about this hotel is the staff...genuine(smiles) and helpful. We certainly hope they maintain this level of professionalism.
There is not much in the area around the hotel suitable for tourists but the TAXI fee and Shuttle bas make this no issue. If anything its nice to be away from the tourist crowd but 5 mins gets you into the thick of it.
The Hotel is best suited for Couples that need to rest and recharge (the inhouse Spa is cheap..or you can go down the street if you are worried about $20-$30 for something that costs 10times that back home).
It also suits people planning on heading out of Kuta to Places like CandiDasa, 2 to 5 days here and then travel. Return a week or two later and have another break at Quest Tuban before heading to airport and home.
If you want to party then Kuta,Legian are your areas. Stay there or use a TAXI.
Jimbaran Bay (seafood at sunset)is about 15-20 mins by Taxi....its just the other side of the airport. Thats a bonus compared to those traveling from Seminyak.
We loved this hotel...its not for everyone as its not a resort so consider that. When I sleep I have my eyes closed so it doesnt matter as long as im safe and comfortable and I wake up to a nice place for breakfast and warm genuine greetings before getting into a Taxi and finding a place to shop and have lunch,dinner etc.
Cheers

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool probably have the best view. Our room overlooked the street but it wasnt...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Dont expect luxury but this is a clean, modern, basic hotel that that provides basically everything that you need for a quick stopover near the airport or a few days in Bali where you dont expect facilities from within the hotel. Rooms are quite small but bathrooms are larger than normal with a good size shower. Its not a resort, but does have a nice pool, albeit right next to the restaurant and very little deck space. Good for a swim as opposed to a day in the sun. Breakfast at the restaurant was very good and the service overall was typical Indonesian friendly without much technical expertise in service.
Would definitely stay again for a day or 2 maximum.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Nice hotel, clean, very comfortable to stay, with less budget to spent per night.

This hotel also suitable for the couple who wants married in Bali. I have two couple stay in this hotel and they also wanna celebrate their married in Kuta..
Very recommanded..

• Stayed September 2012
Brisbane
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We chose this hotel given it's proximity to the airport and could not have picked better! We had an early flight and the 24 hour service desk was able to organise an early check-in and a shuttle service (free of charge!) to the airport for our 4am flight. We booked a lot of spa treatments (having got a great deal including reflexology and free breakfast through Wotif.com) and left the Lavender Spa completly rejuvinated and refreshed for our return flight home. The rooms were very clean and well presented and the room service was prompt and helpful.

This is not a great location if you want to enjoy the beach, but it is great for the shopping mall (they have a shuttle that takes you there) and the markets (best to go near Bounty Hotel for the better ones).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JacindaT
Quest Hotel T, Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your review! Hope to welcome you again for your next trip.

For guests looking to enjoy the beach, actually the free shuttle drops our guests at Discovery Mall, which is right in front of the beach. You would just need to walk through the mall, and on the other side are a ton of beach front restaurants, beach walk, etc..
Reviewed August 20, 2012

great hotel to stay at good location nice and quiet. would definitely recommend & will be coming back. Ardy and Rui best staff ever, the pool was awesome too along with the jacuzzi.Spa is relaxing and also friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Modern new hotel in Kuta-Tuban with excellent staff. Was picked up from the airport, offered a welcome drink on arrival and assistance with my room. Complimentary WiFi was a real bonus and breakfast plentiful with good choices of Asian and Western food. The hotel was opened only few months ago and you could still smell fresh paint around the place. Was disappointed to see few imperfections in my room, like missing screw in the towel rail, which did not make my stay less pleasant but it was just something I would not expect in a brand new hotel. On the whole, I enjoyed my 1 knight this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

First, I considered and chose this hotel because of it's reviews on tripadvisor and the fact that it's under the Aston hotels management, one of the big hotel groups in Indonesia. I booked my stay through hotel's website as I found it cheaper. But that's become the beginning of my disappointment. On the website, there's no option to choose the room's bedding, whether it's twin or double, and I forgot to mention my preference in the comment box on my reservation. Before arrival, I did some correspondences with the hotel regarding to the confirmation of my arrival time. Once I arrived at the hotel, I was surprised that I was allocated in a twin bedroom even though I mentioned on my previous email that I'm coming with my partner. Right away, I called the front office to move us to another room. At that night, the FO guy told me that they are full, there's no chance to swap the room, but he promised to follow up this matter to the morning staff as there's possibility to change the room in the next day. But it never happened and we ended up with a 'combined' twin bed the whole of our staying period (5 nights).

I also realised in the next morning that we didn't get any welcome drink as mentioned on my reservation. I think, the receptionist completely forgot about it. I've tried to understand that it might caused by my late arrival. As if the receptionist apologised or explained about this failure during my check in process, I would understand. But in fact, he didn't say any word about it.

The service of one of FO supervisor was also upsetting. Every time I talked with her, she always cut my words in unfriendly tone. I assumed she wanted to show a 'prompt' reply as she knew what I want to say and showed me that she's the 'supervisor'. I feel it's not right. I am a customer, and she should listen to whatever I want to say first before replying,.. and I am not her staff!!

Last, after check out the hotel informed me that I left one of my stuff behind in the room. The hotel did offer me to send it to my address. But as I would return to Bali in one week, I told them that I would be able the pick it up at the hotel myself. On that day, I called the hotel in the morning (few hours before my flight to Bali) to inform that instead of having myself to go to Quest hotel, I would send my partner to do it for me (and I mentioned his name too). In the afternoon, my partner went there but couldn't get my stuff. The reason was..because my stuff was kept in housekeeping office, it's locked and the staff who had the key has finished her shift and left already. My question is..how come it happened?? I did call them before about this arrangement. What about the communication between the operator and housekeeping? And I couldn't believe that a staff could take a company's key home and the hotel doesn't have any spare???..I work at hotel as well so it totally doesn't make sense to me...

Room Tip: Don't forget to mention your preference on your reservation and confirm it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DianArianie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
HARRIS Hotel Kuta
#45 of 251 in Kuta
Quest San Denpasar
Quest San Denpasar
#95 of 141 in Denpasar

Been to Quest Hotel Kuta? Share your experiences!