“Clean, Decent for the price paid”

100 Sunset Hotel Managed by Eagle Eyes
Ranked #134 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Singapore, Singapore
“Clean, Decent for the price paid”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel is clean, decent and modern. Good service from the recept. Walking distance from Carrefour, 30 min walk to Kuta Sq. However, no worries about that as there are shuttle bus provided to Kuta Sq. The only draw back comes from the sound proof of the room. You will be able to hear clearly the noises from the walkway.

1 Thank Michsg84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed at 100 sunset 2 for 2 nights in a deluxe room.
It was pretty average,
Room is comfortable however it is clear that the hotel will soon deteriorate as the fixtures are cheap.
No water pressure in shower at peak hours, free wifi but also slow connection at peak hours.

Continental breakfast was included and average.
Location : quite far from the city centre. The hotel arranges a shuttle (drop in only i.e no pick up) but you must book one day before. Bed linen : stains on pillow.
Service : staff is composed of trainees only. They do their best, but there is a lack of senior mgmt.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I guess I could call this a budget hotel, but I'd give it a slight notch higher because the finishing touches were decent.
Upon arrival, the security staff/doorman immediately ushered me into hotel, holding door open for me as I entered. About an hour later, as I was about to leave the hotel for downtown Kuta, the same staff was sharp to spot me leaving and asked if I needed help with flagging a taxi, etc.
As for the room, I don't know if this is an entirely new hotel, or one that has been refurbished, for some parts appeared old and worn out. But I could tell the room and bathroom were freshly cleaned with a lot of effort.
The pool was standard.
The hotel required a 300,000 rupiah (or credit card equivalent) deposit which you could get back without any hassle when you check out. I also got a hairdryer upon request and availability, and had to sign off a form to return it.
I was given the room directly looking onto the busy roads. Strange enough, because it was constantly busy, I could get to sleep rather well.
The downside is the location. There is really nothing within walking distance, save for Carrefour.
Would I return? Yes, but I'd ask for a pool view room because anything else is quite monotonous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 20, 2012

we stayed for 3 nights in bali in 100 sunset 2 its very nice hotel in bali room is very nice, interior is very nice, the staff are knowledgeable and care with guest need, they did extra mile to make our stay experience become memorable ( we were in honeymoon). Breakfast menu is great with comfortable chair and sofa.

We will definetely promote this hotel to our friends and family

1 Thank shafiqch
Beijing, China
Reviewed September 17, 2012

i have stayed twice at 100 sunset 2; the first stay was great which i believe because the hotel just on the pre-opening stage, this trip i booked again for one night on my last day. however, the service is terrible. upon the reservation, i have specifically asked for quiet room and far from the main street, as i am very sensitive with the noise; upon arrival i gave my confirmation letter from booking.com with the noted; however the reception not even looked at the confirmation letter itself and "gosh" she is still busy on the phone while handled my registration. Guess what, i have given the room on the second floor, above the restaurant/bar plus facing the main street. i just about to protest, but i remember that i am paying peanut for this hotel; so never mind. The nightmare begun at night, i could hear all the movement at the main street in addition there were very loud music come from the bar (i think so), up to around 1am and i could not sleep till around 2am, unfortunately i was waken up my the traffic noise around 6am. after i had quick bite, i was rushed out of this place.
thanks to the reception; who does not read carefully of my request!!

Room Tip: ensure you book the room facing the swimming pool, or if you are sensitive with the noise; better to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Balihgh
London, England
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night and the hotel was great. The room was lovely and comfortablw. We were upgraded on arrival as the room wasn't ready.

The service was stunning and nothing was too much trouble.

The only downside was the music piped into the hallway was loud enough to be heard clearly in our room. Also the hallway was hoovered twice in the one night we stayed, waking us up both times.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Amy F
Surrey
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel for one night as we are flying from Denpasar tomorrow, we didn't want to spend a lot if money as we didn't really want to stay in Kuta but booked this on the back of the trip advisor reviews.

We booked the premium room with tub and balcony with a pool view in advance. My husband and I checked in this afternoon to be told there were no double rooms left, only twin rooms!! They did however offer to push the beds together but we still have single quilts and as the headboards are fixed to the wall it looks very messy. We were NEVER told when booking this would be a twin room!! Saying this the room is actually ok.

As we didn't pay a deposit at reception for any extras a member if staff promptly locked our mini bar and removed all snacks!! Surely as they already have my credit card details this is unecessary.

There are two complimentary bottles of water in the bathroom for guests, one of ours was open and had been used. Obviously sorted when we told reception but this is pretty bad. There are disposable slipper type things for guests to use and use is what is the case. Oddly enough I don't want to wear slippers someone has already worn.

The balcony with pool view: Yes the balcony is large, with views into lots of other bedrooms but you can't really use it as there is no furniture outside to sit on. I don't see the point to be honest.

And if you want a peaceful night here is not the place as you can hear everyone drinking by the pool and your neighbours tv through the dividing door.

I personally cannot understand why this place has made number one on trip advisor. Yes it's meant to be a budget hotel without frills but it doesn't mean service levels should be low. Never again will I try to save a few pennies.

• Stayed September 2012