“Great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #126 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Awendaw, South Carolina
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

I've been here couple week ago, I knew this hotel from a website.
Their room had a good view and cozy.
The staff nice and friendly.
Atmosphere around the hotel was fresh because surrounded by trees.
Highly recommend!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skeleton091

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed 6 nights this week, in a superior room. It was pretty average, though many services can improve.

The GOOD
- Staff are pleasant and always greet you
- I like the guards, they help you cross the major road in front and back (you got to shout to get their attention cos they might not see you on the other side, at night), as well as help you hail bluebirds.
- Room is spacious, clean
- Small gym but equipments are very new, kettler, expensive stuff
- Nice pool... visually
- Near to Carrefour
- Nice TV and beds, (found pillows too soft for my liking)
- MEGA Value, around 50USD per night.

The Bad
- Location is not really for those who want to walk to Kuta.. walk for 20+mins! Or take a cab ranging from 10k to 25k. Why is this important? Because many roads in Kuta (beach area) are one way, if you take a taksi on the wrong direction it might have to take one big round road to go to sunset 2. And, it jams. Yes. Do yourself a favour and just get a simple accomodation around kuta area. Of course, there is value if you are staying for 1/2 nights in kuta or more interested to go to seminyak.. then i guess it will be convienent.

- Front desk is friendly but I don't know what system they are using. I arranged for a shuttle (payable) car for me to go to Kuta main area at 8.15am. Booked this the night before. On the next day morning, I had expected a car to be waiting for me at 8.15am sharp, as I needed to go to an important meeting. No car. Asked F.D. Guy seemed confused, after making a few calls, my car arrived at around 8.30+am. Should have just took a bluebird

- Problem is you can never know if a blue bird will appear in the road in front of the hotel... or when

- There is a 15 min free foot massage. But prior appt needed. Had no luck, one afternoon I asked front desk to book for me the same evening, around 7pm. They said had to check if there are slots and get back to me.. fine I guess. Expected to tell me quite fast like in 30mins time? No... I waited in my room the whole evening.. only at 7.20pm I got a call to tell me they are full... what? wasted my whole evening.

- Same thing happened again, friday late afternoon spoke to a lady to book my 15min massage at F.D... to be 10am on Sat morning. She might have spent like 3 mins typing my info and request in her computer. I asked, confirmed? She said yes. guess what... 10.30am on Sat morning still nothing.. called front desk and ask.. after some back and forth they said they had NO RECORD of my booking. What? Are their front desk computers on? What was the lady the day before typing? Sending an email to the spa? They only apologised saying fully booked, no massage for me. Nothing they can do. SO MUCH WORK FOR A 'FREE' MASSAGE. Forget it!

- No hair dryer in my room, take note. The metal thingy stuck on the wall is a bottle opener.. I realised. LOL.

- Breakfast is average at best

- Room facing the busy road.. sometimes quite noisy. Curtains are thick but problems w some small gap between the windows.

All in all, yes, new modern, clean. How long can it last I don't know.. staff and hotel system... does it go beyond the many smiles and the greetings? Not sure about that though. Location... depends if you intend to explore only Kuta area or more... not for everyone.

Oh, there is a young girl and young (tall lanky) boy working in the concierge. Always friendly and helpful. Seems very hardworking also, one moment opening doors and greeting.. another mopping the floor, cleaning tables.. thumbs up!! I tipped generously!

Room Tip: rooms facing pool are quieter but of course more expensive.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Benjamin Z
Taichung, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed in 100 Sunset II for 3 nights. I felt very welcomed since I stepped in and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is pretty new but everything's on the track. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable. However, it's pretty modern style, so if you're looking for something Bali style, this may not suit you. The location of this hotel is quite good. Not far from Kuta center and still can be away from the noise in Kuta. It's easy to get to most of the places from here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Stella1121
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at 100 sunset 2 for one night. The fact that the hotel was new really appealed to me.

Overall my stay was very comfortable however it is clear that the hotel will soon deteriorate as the fixtures are cheap. I would would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the near future and are just looking for a place to rest your head.

Rooms are small and the bAthroom does flood.

Breakfast was ok and You will find something to eat but nothing to write home about.

Location is ok. There is a shuttle that goes to kuta three times a day however the shuttle will not take you back to the hotel. Management should reconsider this arrangement.

Getting to and from the hotel: don't bother using the hotel's service as it is a massive up charge. The front desk will call Blue Bird if you ask. They are very professional and a metered taxi.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank DonNYC123
Eldorado, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night afterarriving in Bali at midnight. I knew by the time I got through immigration it would be after 1am and didnt want to travel to Ubud that late. This hotel was a great choice for me. It was only 10 mins away from the airport and I ask for an airport pickup which was 12usd. I'm sure it was on the high side but 1am I didnt want to hassle with a taxi not knowing where I was going. The driver was waiting for me when I walked out. The vehicle was in really nice condition.
The staff upon my arrival was very warm and welcoming. I received a welcome drink with a cold cloth for my face. Check in was fast. I got a deluxe room with a balcony (60usd) per night. The room was very comfortable, clean and fairly spacious. The room over looked the pool which had just opened the day of my arrival. There was a mini bar, coffee , and complimentry water. The bed and pillows were very soft. They also provided soap, shampoo etc. Many TV channels were in English. The breakfast had many choices. I like more American style breakfast which was not what they had. But whatthey provided looked good (i just dont care for noodles of a morning).
If you need a sim card for you phone you can turn left out oftheparking lot and just a couple minute walk there will be a store on your left called "XL". They sell sim card , 3g service...etc. Some spoke better English than others there.
The only problem for me with my stay....the curtains were not black out curtains. The pool area was lit of a night which lites up the room of a night. i didnt need to turn a light on when I got up that night because it was very bright. The morning sun will do the same. There is no chair on the balacony so the balcony is no more than just there. My opinion it is not worth the extra money for the balcony. There was no clock in the room which is pretty common throughtout Asia but it would have been nice to have one.
All the staff were very friendly and spoke very good English. I would recommend this hotel especially if you are arriving late into Bali.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank farmngal
Kuala lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

New hotel,so it's still in good condition.The hotel do not serve pork,so it's convenient for Muslim travelers & there also a halal's restaurant in front of the hotel.All the staff are nice & friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Hafiz S
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband was very ill at the BIMC hospital (the hospital to go if you are sick in Bali by the way!) so I moved to this hotel because it was 8 minutes walk to BIMC and they upgraded my froom from standard to superior. To my surprise, the hotel was very clean, fresh environment, very friendly staff, excellent welcome drink, free 15 min foot massage and great bed!
The food wasnt fantastic but the staff was very helpful. I asked them to print medical certificate and they didnt charge me anything for them, (I had to pay Rp.4000 for each page at the other hotel)
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view is very nice and relaxing.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple