“The photo's online do not do this villa justice!”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Japanese first
Any
Richelle...
Sydney, Australia
“The photo's online do not do this villa justice!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Usually places look a lot bigger online then they are in real life, with this place it is the total opposite! The villa is ENORMOUS! The four bedrooms are all oversized and more than twice the size of a usual resort/hotel room. All four rooms are identical which is great when travelling with friends as nobody gets the master bedroom! There is a fifth bedroom for children that we did not use.
The chef is awesome - we had breakfast cooked for us most days - highly reccommend the indonesian breakfast (best fried chicken ever!) We also had the chef cook us a bbq lunch one day and it was probably the best meal of the whole trip! I wish we used the chef more often. Excellent!
The driver is also wonderful. He was very flexible with working hours and nothing was ever to much to ask.
All other staff working at the villa also provided a wonderful service.
The two pools were a bonus as we thought one of the pools was just a water feature but it is actually a really big pool. The villa was clean and well kept.
We had a fantastic time staying here with the only down point being the location. The villa is located quite a fair way down a very small and bumpy alley way (gang)... Taxi drivers hate driving down all the way and it was too dark and dodgy to walk at night. Taxi drivers also scrapped their cars on the massive bumps throughout the alley which made you feel uncomfortable as a passenger.
Also, there was a lot of noise at night / early morning as the villa is situated next to a few farm animals (cows, roosters, dogs etc).
Those two small issues aside, the villa is amazing, the staff are wonderful and I would reccommend this villa to others.

Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Wellington
Reviewed May 21, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Management Response
Jan 5, 2014
Thank you for the great review Sam ! Glad you enjoyed your Christmas holidays at the villa !
Happy new Year,
Benjamin
Melbourne
Reviewed June 23, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

Management Response
Jun 23, 2013
Dear Breanne,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this review 2 months after your stay.

Let me explain to other fellow travellers why i think you write false information :

my first mail follwing your inquiry, on feb 21.

« Before, you can make up your mind, i must be honest regarding a construction site just behind the villa. A hotel is being built, and even though it is almost finished (normally end of April), there can be some nuisance from time to time. I had guests staying this last January and they had no complain at all, they really enjoyed every aspect of the villa (location, size, great housekeeping ladies..). The owners have stayed there for 4 months and have been planting bamboos and other trees to keep some privacy from the construction. All of these informations were mentioned in the email we sent you, we offered you a discount for these inconveniences that you accepted.

Therefore, as agreed with the owners, we are offering 20% off the published rate for this villa.

If by any bad luck, your particular dates were really disturbed but some kind of crazy noise, which should not be happening because the construction seems to have moved from this part, we would be happy to either offer additional discount.

Also, the villa has 3 main double bedrooms and a much smaller bedroom upstairs with two single beds with can be joined. There is air conditioned, but no ensuite bathroom and the closest toilet and in the living area, downstairs. All three bathrooms have access through the bedrooms only. It is a perfect kids room, it might be a problem if you are all adults and share the costs.

Now you have all the facts! »

You still decided to go through and booked the villa at a discounted rate of 20% and were offered a free late check out until 9pm on Apr 07.

The maids never locked the 4th room and you could use this bedroom, which you aware was smaller. Only one closet was locked with the owner belongings.

2- the location :

the villa is located betwenn Jalan Drupadi and Jalan Dyana Pura. The beach is less than 10min walk. Cannot be more central for all our previous guests, myself and all the other guests who stay in the small gang. It is definitely 20-25min (by foot…or 3min cab ride) to the other side of Seminyak (Eat street) but not the beach in front of Gado-Gado).So much for out of the way…

3- you slipped///

well, this is apparently what caused all this stir on the other issues, but let me clarify a few things as well…

You slipped when you exited the pool, when wet. Extra care should occur.

Yes, the doctor who examined you did not see your ankle beeing broken. He confirm it us again.

You refused to go get an Xray when this happened or during the rest of your stay.

We supplied some clutches, which after ONE DAY you decided to give back saying you would not need them. You walked for the rest of your stay without clutches.

We do have an insurance policy, i never said the contrary.

You filed a claim 3 weeks after your return in Australia, which was way out of time. All insurance claim should be made no less than 48h after the incident.

And last but not least, we never found your ipod or pair of shoes.

When we find, we give back, how could I have such high ranking of reviews as The Bali Agent, if i am the person you claim i am.

The housemaids and manager are also devoted person and i don’t believe they could steal, it easily can be read on previous reviews.

The blocked toilet is another one of your rows. We have plumber working here; Had we known, the problem would have been solved (again, the villa personal said this never happened. Nor did you call me to complain about this when i saw you or during your stay. Not to mention there are 4 toilets in the villas… I wonder if the 4 were blocked…every day !!
I wish you all the best in the future,
Benjamin / The Bali Agent
Dubai
Reviewed June 13, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Recommended for:
Luxury-minded travelers
Perth
Reviewed July 24, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing