“Ground Zero”

Ground Zero Monument
Ranked #7 of 119 things to do in Kuta
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bali Bombing Memorial, Ground Zero was built in the memory of terror attack that took place on 12th October, 2002 in Bali. It is considered as the deadliest terror attack in the history of Bali. The simple yet elegant architecture is made from carved stones and has a huge marble plaque with names as well nationalities of those who were killed in the attack.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What can I say about it? I was with my daughter and not exactly a place I would go out of my way to visit to scare the pants off my daughter when we are visiting Bali for the first time but it was hard to miss when walking down Legion street.
It's a piece of our history and an impressive shrine and definitely a place I would visit without my kids.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,221)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

12 october its so sad for peoples in Bali and Tourism around the world,,tomorrow 12 oct' pray together in this place, you can see some name in this monument from many different country. But this site now be one of icon in Kuta.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

What an unnecessary tragedy

such a beautiful monument to remember those lost

well maintained and kept clean

great respectful rememberance wall categorising those lost by country

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Every time I visit Legian,if pass by it,will stop for a while,and take some photos,it's a reminder of the darkest chapter of Bali's history,so don't forget this when you visit here

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Ground Zero monument is located right at the heart of the Legion Street and is impossible to miss. The big marbled structure has been engraved with the names of all the people who lost their lives in the tragedy.

The vicinity of the monument filled with shops, bars and discos. The traffic at the place especially during the evenings is quite heavy.

Must see if you ask me!