“basic tucker,lazy cooking”

The Bush Telegraph Pub
Ranked #901 of 1,090 Restaurants in Kuta
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: a pub that was disassembled from the Sydney Olympics village and reassembled in Bali
Reviewed October 12, 2012

ate here many years ago,and was good with a happening vibe,thought would try again as we were staying in villas nearby and like many recent reviews it was a huge let down.wife wanted basic food so ordered a schnitzel parmie,i ordered bangers and mash.wifes parmie came out and while big was very tough and tasted bland,my bangers and mash were the same with a pepper sauce that had no pepper in it.
the female manager ketut was lovely and chatty but the other staff spoke very limited english,so communication was a problem.reckon they would struggle with service big time if the place was busy.

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Even the "Aussie" specialties (sausages and bbq stuff) are forgettable but there is a nice wooden deck for watching passers by and the beer is reasonably priced.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My meal was so bad that it compelled me to beat my tripadvisor laziness for the first time. I had the most disugusting "fish and chips" that was essentially a tiny piece of sponge in a giant corn-dog/pancake wrapper. When the waitress came by and I asked if I could order something else (not even asking for my meal to be free, just asking to pay more) another woman came over to the table to rudely tell me, "we don't make make fried food crispy here." OH, my apologies, I didn't realize that you make fried food with the opposite objective of every other restaurant on earth, sorry to waste your time by trying to pay more. I wish I could have sat on the steps all day and warned people. Oh, and it was expensive.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We have visited the Bush Telegrapf Pub many times as it is in a good location within walking distance from a villa that we rent annually in Seminyak. Previously our experience here has been ok but after visiting the restaurant last week, we will not be going back.
The service was extremely poor. There were 9 of us at the table and it took over an hour for the food to arrive. The food did not come out at the first time and by the time one person had consumed their meal, the next plate would arrive for the next person. By the way, the restauarnt was not busy and we were there at around 7pm.
The food portions were very small and everyone at our table was totally dissatisfied.
The straw that broke the camels back was when the nachos arrived for my son - an hour late. They were not nachos! The plate had around 9 corn chips on it, well I think they were corn chipis as they looked pretty brown. In the middle of the plate was a spoonfull of salsa. I complained to the nice waitress and told her to get the manager. She came back and said that is how they serve their food. The Manager/owner, an aussie sitting at the bar overlooking what was going on, did not come and have a chat.
The waitress took the Nachos back to the kitchen and agreed to exchange this for Nasi Goreng, only to be told it will take another 30 minutes to prepare the replacement meal. That was it, we all got up and went to pay for the bill. Guess what, they still wanted to charge us for the Nasi Goreng that we did not have time to wait for.
There are a lot of nice restauratnts in Seminyak that offer superior food and service for the same price. The Bush Telegraph Pub does not serve your average Bali food. Far from it, this restaurant is well below average.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Met up with friends and went to The Bush Telegraph for lunch after a walk around Seminyak. Service was average drinks weren't cold and refreshing. I ordered the steak sandwich and I don't know where they got the meat but it was disgusting - i didn't eat it. Also the other food on the table was very ordinary. But it didn't end there be VERY VERY careful of the silly staff watering the steps of the pub it ended up costing my wife a trip to the Hospital with a shattered ankle and bad pain until we ended up coming home. The Staff didn't even come to help just ignored my request for assistance and didn't care one bit. Just be careful.